TUESDAY GOING FORWARD

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: TUESDAY GOING FORWARD

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:30 pm

it was more fun coming here

Harmony - I agree!

We are in hour #3 of school. It is going much better today. I have planned the lessons for the rest of the year. We are taking a Christmas break but we will still do a small amount of the basics (math & language arts) a few times scattered through the break. As little as possible in an effort to retain what he is in process of learning.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Dove

Postby Dove » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:38 pm

Cuop for today & want so much to respond to you all but no time. Thinking of you!

(((dTwins)))

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:43 pm

Cleaning lady has come and gone. Her Christmas bonus was paying her for 3 hours, when it only takes her 2 hours to do the entire house. Because of the Christmas decorations, I told her she didn't have to dust the living room because there isn't more than one uncovered inch. I got a bag of something called "Buffalo snow" for use under villages and other décor. Between the snow and a runner that dh immediately recognized as being from his mother, the living room looks more like a Christmas fantasy room.

I have just had a delightfully HOT shower. It's cold and windy here today with bright blue skies and some bright yellowish thing up there in the sky.

Supper tonight is chili cheese dogs and macaroni and cheese out of a box. (Kraft dinner)The chicken fried rice last night was terrible and dry. I will let dh make it next time as he does a much better job at it than I do.

Next up... chocolate haystacks and possibly shortbread. Maybe the shortbread first.

Chocolate haystacks are done. Not a seasonal treat, or even a cookie. Dh loves them and I only make them once a year. I will be taking a bunch to his work so others can help eat them. Blech..... coconut. Next up, another request from dh... peanut butter cookies. More stuff to go to his work. (I think I might try to hide some in a freezer.)

Another edit to add that first tray of 18 peanut butter cookies are in the oven. This year I bought a "medium cookie scoop" and it is making all the difference in the world as far as same sized cookies.
Last edited by CathyS on Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:55 pm

Just finished typing up the minutes from our church council meeting and sent them off to the secretary up home. Hadn't planned on that today but it was a good quiet job to get done. Now to wait for reports to start coming in for the annual report. I expect that won't happen until next week or into the new year, albeit reports are due by January 8th.

DGd is still working on her term papers. She's been up since yesterday morning early and really needs some sleep. She's not functioning well. She is definitely adhd and is on medication but hasn't taken it correctly or timely and has had way too much caffeine. Typical college student stuff?
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:04 pm

hugs Twins
Kathryn
and all

I've had a slow few days.
Time for otd to C's service. There is likely to be a crowd there.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:05 pm

Just realized a query I thought was done is not. Someone (me) forgot her group by clause! For inventory, it does not make sense to use EVERY record. Only the latest is valid. Sigh. Really thought that was done.

What is done: All fact table foreign keys verified for one database.

I have about 30 minutes until I leave here. That is long enough to look into some test cases for my inventory, but probably not long enough to finish the query. Christmas cards will be done in carpool. Not all of them, I have only 16 blank ones with me. However, much progress will get done. The essentials tonight are: gasoline, gather some paperwork, make cookies, email catchup, bills and budget. Also, all the normal daily stuff. In case you are wondering the daily stuff is: cat care (food, water, meds, catboxes), set up for next day (breakfast, lunch, load car), and load dishwasher.

I need more time tonight. I wish I had not agreed to the cookies.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:39 pm

Hello, villagers ~
Taking a break after the library staff meeting / holiday luncheon.

Last night I finished sewing the 4th co-worker gift.
This morning I decided to wash the bags, just to be sure they looked and smelled fresh.

Theme for the staff meeting pot luck this month was holiday appetizers.
While the washer was working, I
* made chicken salad
* tried a new recipe for chocolate covered coconut bars
* washed 3 plastic Christmas serving dishes (snowman, star, tree) to use for the meeting
* packed a tote bag with a can of mixed nuts, bag of pretzel crisps, serving dishes & spoons, leaving room for the containers of chicken salad & coconut bars that had to stay in the refrigerator until last minute
* finally had a mug of coffee and a graham cracker for breakfast
* filled 4 TLC packs (pkg of travel tissues, 2 pkts of Emergen-C, a little chocolate) to go with the Japanese knot bags
* searched for wrapping paper that wasn't where I thought I'd put it :?

As soon as I flipped the bags from the washer to the dryer, I went up and grabbed a quick nap.
Set a timer to wake me up so I could s2s and put on makeup.

Final half hour before the meeting
* cut the coconut bars and packaged them
* grabbed the stuff from the dryer and folded it all so it wouldn't have to be ironed
* wrapped the 4 gifts
* stirred the chicken salad and transferred it to a smaller storage container
* finished packing the tote bags

Got to the meeting on time. :) A nice selection of munchies. The meeting agenda itself was pretty much a waste of time, but it was enough official business to justify paying us to attend. Gift exchange is always a little nerve-wracking but overall was fun.

I stopped at the post office on my way home but my package has not arrived yet. Need to check the online tracking to see where it has been delayed.

I need to go back to wm tomorrow. When I unpacked last week's shopping bags, I realized that the soda stream canister I was given at the customer service counter does not have a plastic seal. Last time that happened, it turned out that someone had put the cap back on an empty canister and it got mixed up with the new full ones. I was too distracted with my long shopping list to notice the missing seal, so now I have to make an extra trip.

I had wanted to avoid going to any stores this week, but it won't be all bad. We're running low on a few other things that we don't really need but I might as well pick up while I'm there -- onions, carrots, celery, honey, tomato sauce. It will also force me to do a little extra walking.

4 gifts still to cut out and sew, which I hope to have finished by Thursday bedtime. Friday I'm going to alternate between doing laundry and fixing food to take to the family party on Saturday.

I borrowed a silly Christmas movie from the library to watch tonight while I sew.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:04 pm

DAunt dropped by to visit.

I am taking the rest of the day off to rest. The next 2 days are going to be on the go and I really would like to get rid of this cold as much as possible.

Rest. drink. drink rest. Let's see how long I last.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:29 pm

Just realized I complain through this whole post. Sorry.

I needed 4 solid-color, identical gift bags for the bigger party, so started a shopping list with "red gift bags". I was thinking a maximum of a dollar apiece. HRH grabbed it today on his way out and came home with 4 gi-normous, sparkly/glitter, designed gift bags, all different images. He walked in complaining that he "had to spend" $15. Sigh. There is nothing to use them for - they're too big. Guess I could call the kids and ask if they want any. Might as well start another list with "red gift bags".

Time-wasting is getting on my nerves. I had emailed minister about a $50+ charge to a nice Italian eat-in restaurant I assumed he'd put on the wrong card. We have never had a restaurant charge on CC. It was charged 4 weeks back. No, he emails today, that was the pizza for church event and someone else used his church card to go get them. Sigh. Well, in all this time, who was designated to tell me? How I could have possibly known, is beyond me. I had paid the CC only for the other charges and waited, expecting he - or someone - would answer that they were responsible for the restaurant. Today was the last before a late charge, so here at the last minute I had to go to bank in person and pay that charge before 5. Grrrr.. ...

For 2 other charges my question was which line item do they apply to, and the email answer was "they were for water and batteries". No, that's not what I asked! Water for what purpose - we don't have bottles of water, do we? Batteries for music or smoke detector or what? HRH says everything - including a late charge if I get tripped into one again - just has to be miscellaneous from now on and don't ask any more questions, and he would make that the default unless someone comes to me to tell me different.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:59 pm

Oh Harriet, they just don't understand! There's no reason to make you wait around for an answer or to give you such a nebulous answer. Shame on them!

In my own temple saga, I'm invited to a meeting to discuss several accounting issues. I just can't take it this week. The current treasurer is difficult to converse w and he just does not understand accounting. Current prez does understand accounting at least and I'm hoping he will be a buffer. My response to some of the treasurer's questions/issues in the past has been "because that's how accounting work." I had agreed to be a resource, but I just can't take this guy this week.

My house is completely taken apart and I find that depressing, in addition to not having a dog.

Dd and I went to library and read microfilm. This is going to be a massive job. After we went for an early supper of burgers and brought take out home for ds.

Tomorrow painters return and friend M and I are doing a little road trip to a small town near here. Wishing I could stick around home but it's probably not the best thing to do for now.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”