TUESDAY GOING FORWARD

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: TUESDAY GOING FORWARD

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:11 pm

Meant to also say that the paint has a pale green undertone under artificial light. I liked it better earlier in natural light. I can live with it, though, for sure.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:19 pm

(Twins'), when you do meet, seat yourself with prez between and it will be easier to keep prez literally in the middle of the conversation.

Just saw dd36 boys' annual Santa photo - with 4 boys, Santa got up out of his wide chair, sat all the boys in its seat and on its arms, and then he posed by lying on the floor in front of them. Agile Santa! :lol:

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:03 pm

Home and off to bed.

I didn't get the car washed. I did get the front hall closet cleaned out and thus found dh's missing grey Buff.

I arrived at the restaurant exactly on time. MF was already there

We had a good 2 hours. I needed to talk to someone in real life. And did so without crying.

He might actually come for Christmas dinner. He and my minister will let me know on Christmas day how they feel. I'll just set the table with enough places for everyone. It will quicker to do that and remove than the reverse.

After, I went to Costco and then WM. WM had stock issues, on the other hand, there was lots of room to walk around! And they had the important item. It turns out they didn't have the food I was there for (it isn't a Superstore despite its size) so I left. I realized I'm exhausted so called it quits for the rest of the day, even driving by the ATM I needed.

I've emailed some follow up to MF.

Tomorrow is:

1. pick up something from the city church
2. wash the car
3. pick up dd and take her to the car rental place
4. pick up ds and dh and take them to the movie theatre.
5. pick up dgs from dd at the theatre and keep him happy for 2:20.
6. Drive ds to the car dealership to pick up his new car.

Tomorrow is:

Busy

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:53 pm

I had a busy day. While I was working out on the exercise bike my bs crashed so I had to deal with that then got ready for the party, enjoyed that only 5 were there and it was the perfect amount of folks there, I left early. The main roads were great. Next I went to Joann's had fun shopping but my gift card was hiding so used bday $ when I got home found another Joann's flyer so I will be back. My gift card is unhid now.

I was getting ready to open my stuff and h called was on his was home. We shared about our day.

One he. Is doing poorly - older I doubt she will last tbe night. But that pales in comparison my walking buddy had a daughter die this mo. I do not know the details.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:09 am

Well, I guess I went forward in some ways today, but so much of what I planned to do never got done. Story of my life. Today I am blaming Mary Ellen Walton. Got interested in that show while I was "walking away the pounds" and couldn't leave it. Turned out to be a 2-hr episode. The one where Mary Ellen breaks off her engagement to David at the rehersal, and ends up married to Curt by the end of the program. I had seen it before, but... you know how that goes...

Things I did --
* Bible, breakfast, vitamins
* double-checked dmom's meds for refills needed Thurs.
* lots of time spent reviewing A mazon charges on credit card (Since there were so many, I wanted to double-check.)
* paid credit card bill & sent Christmas card to family that sent us one today (but weren't on my original list)
* morning exercise & walk away the pounds
* s2s, semi-manicure/pedicure
* lots of time placing order for popcorn chicken to pick up Saturday (local Wmart deli isn't open for hot foods Sat. Going to Next Town anyway, so will pick up there.)
* bank
* post office
* drug store
* nursing home
* supper w/ds & family
* washed 3 loads of clothes (still in progress)
* read the paper
* uploaded Saturday pics from phone to computer, edited/labeled

Things I didn't do --
* Color hair
* Wrap presents
* Go to Wmart
* Talk to dmom
Tomorrow is another day.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:23 am

So many of us sound tired and stressed as I read through. Me too.

I only posted earlier, then the dreaded phone call from DH to bring.... and out I went. He needed pictures for the inspector so I said I'd get them. I took the memory stick up to Wal greens which is the only place that now accepts this particular m. stick, and people were at every station working very s--l--o--w--l--y and even clerk came up and apologized...while I waited and waited. Finally got that done, took probably 2 hours and went back to job where DH said he remembered 2 more he needed :evil: and I just wanted to scream.

Anyway, back up there and got them ordered and went on other tasks while I waited because the wait time was 2 hours this time. 2 phone places to research new phone and back up to WM to look there at their plans and pick up a few things. Back to get pictures. DH's process of getting the temp. help paid has now enlarged into a PIA procedure which involves either him taking helper all the way to the agency instead of just home, or me being here waiting on emails to sign and fax back. All the complaining to them did no good...

The traffic around here is just in a snarl and it felt like I just couldn't get from one place to another.

I was so stressed by the time I got home. Talked with our agent and asked her if she didn't get any notice of the appraisal yet, it's been a week; and I got this no other agent is busy reply...I'll bet if it was his house he wouldn't be so busy to get the information. more :evil: :evil:

Took a nap. Ate some dinner. Then I tackled the day's computer work, got reports printed, ready to mail, more taxes deposited, and straightened out the Go- D add y account (they are really nice people, very accommodating). Cleaned out about 250 emails, a lot of which was spam :evil: :evil: and lots to print out and some copying and getting ready to mail...

So lots of progress after all and much off my mind which is priceless to me. Man, I want junk food now.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:57 am

(((Harmony)))

I'm certainly not as stressed as I was when I was teaching and this week meant final exams and grading and all that!
But I'm amazed at how busy this time of year is, even when I am NOT teaching and basically, did no shopping except online.

Tomorrow, I really do want to get these tasks done, b/c I figure Wmart is going to get crazier and crazier as the week goes on. I'll have to run in on Saturday to get that chicken for Sunday (deli man AND dcousin assure me it will be fine to reheat on Sunday... * sigh * ) but otherwise, I hope to be done with Wmart tomorrow! Saturday, I also have to pick up bar-b-que for Saturday night. We'll be reheating that too, b/c I have to get it before noon, and we can't eat until after 6:00 p.m.
-- --
Tomorrow's Tasks:
* Color hair
* Wrap presents
* Go to Wmart
* Talk to dmom

Tomorrow is dniece's bday, but we saw her tonight at restaurant, and she said she wouldn't be home tomorrow, and we agreed to get together Thursday. Also, Thursday, I will have to go back to drug store for dmom, and I do hope they can fill the meds she needs for next week also. One rx is out on Friday of this week, but the other two will not run out until Wed. of next week. But I always do her meds on Monday, and with us getting together for breakfast on Monday, I'd rather have the meds DONE by then.
Hmmm... and NEXT week, since we will be leaving on Sunday for the Sugar Bowl, I will have to get her meds done by Saturday. That should be okay... just have to remember that!
Dmom probably COULD take over this chore again for herself, and she has suggested that, but I told her I had it in my mind that I would keep it up for six months (since the last hospitalization.) OTOH, dmom has pretty much worked herself off the sleeping meds and P axil on her own. Sleeping meds cause restless leg syndrome, she thinks, and P axil causes weight gain, which I can certainly testify to. Basically, dmom is only taking bp meds, vitamin D & potassium, B uspar (for depression, but she wants to come off that, too), and I nderal (for tremor). So we'll see. Must make sure I know drug store hours for next weekend.

Sorry I'm so flightly this week. DH has been getting frustrated w/my absent-mindedness.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”