Thursday things on my mind

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Thursday things on my mind

Postby lucylee » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:03 pm

QUICK ci:

Sooo glad to hear LordM is doing well. Y'all, please don't let me lose my resolve to have mole(s) removed after Christmas...

LOL at mishaps w/university, helia. Glad y'all are laughing about it, too, b/c it has been frustrating, I'm sure!

Why does everything take so much time?

Yes, Harmony! WHY???

I bet there IS quite a culture shock for the NF, Kathryn. So glad they seem to be doing well.

Have fun in the sun in Mobile, Elizabeth! I bet the weather is wonderful there right now!

Ta-da's for the day: (so far!)
* Reconciled checkbook/statement
* Decluttered basket on kitchen counter (receipts, mail that no one knows what to do with, etc)
* S/S baths
* Cleaned dh's shower
* Called drug store
* Walked away the pounds 15 minutes, did morning exercise (This is just push-ups, leg lifts, crunches & plank.)
* Breakfast, Bible, vitamins

Now --
Must-Do's
[ ] drug store
[ ] Wmart
[ ] meds to dmom
[ ] bday card/gift to dniece
[ ] spray coasters
[ ] wrap one more present and prepare envelopes for $$ gifts

Waving to EVERYONE -- I gave myself 2 15-min sessions on computer... must * poof * now!!! :D
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:12 pm

Y'all, please don't let me lose my resolve to have mole(s) removed after Christmas...

LucyLee - just for clarification. I want to separate the removal of place and today's surgery. The removal of the 7 moles and places on DH and myself was almost totally painless. We left that doctor appt and immediately went out to eat and continued on our day activities. This surgery was because some of DH biopsies came back cancerous. Most definitely keep your resolve and do it!!!

I am trying to make myself rest. I suspect the steroids are making me hyper so I am struggling to sit here and not get up and do stuff. I need to slow down so my body can get better. Yesterday and today activities haven't been helpful in my desire to get rid of bronchitis. Within an hour of taking the prescription meds I could breath easier and my voice returned. However, the chest congestion and coughing are still constant and unwelcome companions. I am hopefully after 24 hours of the meds the rest of the symptoms will go away.

After DH surgery, I needed to get his prescriptions filled. There was a WM across the street so I used that pharmacy. I regret that decision because it took an hour to get the prescriptions filled!! Argh! When I got back to the pickup I discovered DH had blood seeping down his face. We had been told that could happen, but I wasn't sure if DH rubbed his eye without thinking the consequences would be pulling on the stitches. I took a picture of the surgery site so I could enlarge it and make sure the stitches were still in place. His nose & eye is so swollen and the stitches are so tiny they are hard to see. Everything looked in place so we proceeded with the 3 hour trip home.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:15 pm

Lord M is a great name for the dh of a Lady!! Glad he's okay.

Mini mincemeat tarts are out. I also made Magic Bars. They are out as well. "Chinese" chews are now baking. I crossed out the "Chinese" part of the name. I will present them as "Chews" if anyone asks.

I think I might be done for the day. Sitting here yawning and I ache all over.

IF you know me on FB (M ary C atherine S harpe) check out the picture I have just shared of my dd's roller derby team. My dd is the one in the front row with the fur hat. If you don't have me on FB, send me a friend request. (If you would like to, that is.)
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

helia

Postby helia » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:50 pm

Just back from my jog and have got the rice cooker going.

Oh, LadyM, 3 hours in the car after surgery. That was smart to take a photo to enlarge and check on the stitches.

A dog drowned in the lake while I was there jogging. By the parking lot where I parked, 3 women were at the shore cheering on this poor dog that was struggling to get onto the ice that lay between it and the shore. When I asked if someone was coming to help, one woman said the fire dept. was coming. So, I did my stretches by my car and watched the dog. I could tell the dog was getting tired. By the time I was ready to jog, we could all hear the sirens getting closer, so I thought all was well. I wanted to get on with my jog, so I headed down the path. There's a wooden bridge a few yards away (about .15 miles by my GPS watch) that must be crossed to get to this parking lot, and the fire trucks had just gotten there. They couldn't cross it, probably too heavy. The fire fighters were getting out but didn't seem very excited or bothered; they were moving pretty slowly across the bridge. Out of curiousity, I walked onto the the bridge myself and looked to where the dog had been. No dog. Ugh. My stomach just fell. . .I could see the owner with her head in her hands. Why did they have their dog there off the leash?? It probably started chasing ducks or geese and fell in the water. I feel so sad for the owner. When I got home, I immediately found my dogs and gave them each a good pat.

Dh is home now.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:15 pm

Helia, that is the saddest story. Why didn't someone be a hero and go rescue? :cry:

Everything ground to a halt here. DH was at new cell place looking at the phone / plan I found. He came home with his first-ever flip phone. It's good enough for what he uses it for. I was on the phone with old company trying to get his account number etc.; my goodness what a process. Finally we got that settled and got his number onto new phone & company. We have a whole box of old phones (they told him the sim cards are still good) and chargers new & old for house and car... and all that is labeled, etc.

Then I got back on phone with old co. to cancel auto pay. After 45 min. gal said it was automatically deleted; checked with billing dept., no not cancelled at all :o so we did that. I am going to have to change my phone soon too if I can find the one I want. They do not make extended keyboards any more (like a blackberry). Sigh nothing stays the same.

Including county website which is changing to something more complicated. Why does nothing ever change to simplified?

I got a few more papers picked up and put away, and that's about all. Found some more clothes to put away. I guess I'll plug along until DH gets back.

Lucylee, get the moles off! The alternative could be MUCH WORSE.

helia

Postby helia » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:50 pm

I don't know Harmony. It was very sad. Dh just told me that he feels sad about it. Dh also said that going out on the ice is a really bad idea. The ice probably isn't very thick, and the risk of falling through is pretty high. With waters that cold, I don't think someone would last long. We thought the owners could have found a spot where the ice between the water and the shore was very thin, and called the dog to get out there, assuming the dog would have had the strength to swim that far. The ice didn't extend yards into the lake everywhere. . .
Dh estimated the dog could last 5 minutes in the water.

OK, friends are here. I gotta go.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:10 pm

Doctor has looked at one of my moles before and is totally unconcerned -- said if it bothered me, he'd take it off, but otherwise, nothing about it looks suspicious. I've had it all my life. But it must have increased in size at some point, bc when I was a teenager, it never bothered me to wear pantyhose, etc -- but now it does. The other is similar, and not a problem, but it is on my back, near my bra line, so I figure I should get it off too.

So sad about the dog, helia.

OTOH --
I have a Christmas MIRACLE to share!
Dmom made homemade fudge today -- and I am pretty sure this is the first time since dead died. Wow. It is delicious!
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:12 pm

Went to dinner w h after going to look for some art stuff did nof find the sketch book I wanted bot did get some paints they were really getting picked over.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:38 pm

Just got home from supper out. We couldn't get in at the Italian place, so we went to a large chicken chain that has now extended it's menu to include beef. I had the festive hot chicken sandwich and dh had a beef and mushroom something or other with horseradish. He gave me a piece and I didn't care for it. He loved it.

On the way home I needed one can of evaporated milk to make the fudge. It is now cooling in the fridge.

Chocolate haystacks. check
Peanut butter cookies. check
Mincemeat tarts. check
"Chinese" chews. check
Magic bars. check
Chocolate fudge. check

Tomorrow morning I will make the monkey bread and then take it all over to the office for dh. (Not all, but most of it. I have some treats set aside for dh.)

I'm wiped.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:00 pm

Must-Do's
[x] drug store
[x] Wmart * twice *
[x] meds to dmom
[x] bday card/gift to dniece
[ ] spray coasters
[x] wrap one more present and prepare envelopes for $$ gifts

I thought I had EVERYTHING DONE... then I remembered the coasters. I'll spray them tomorrow, and again Saturday, and wrap Sunday.
Stocking stuff is in ziplock bags. I'll put in the stockings Saturday, also, before we go to church.
Cookies -- I will bake tomorrow.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”