Shhh... it'll be okay on Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Shhh... it'll be okay on Saturday

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:31 am

I've managed to make our bed, s2s, meds and breakfast -though the scrambled eggs w/cheese & mushrooms seem to have disagreed with my tummy. Let me say I'm glad I didn't go to the flea market with the rest of the family. Got 2 presents wrapped for dd. Think I'm about done. Have to put dsisil's jarred candle in a bag when dd gets me out one. Still have dbil's gift to wrap IF it arrives from A River today -supposed to. I ordered him an outdoor thermometer -can't read their old one AT ALL anymore and it dawned on me as we left there Thursday it would be a perfect gift for him as I didn't have one. Forgot to go look for one and ordered it Thursday evening as we sat at the A mway Center in Orlando. Said it would be here today. Thought maybe it was coming from the distribution center which is 2 miles from dd's school but when I looked at trip itinerary it was coming from elsewhere. Think it was SC.

EDITING: A River says it's "out for delivery" here in Lakeland. So guess I'll get it later this morning. Alrighty then! I often wonder how they can do shipments so quickly and other companies sometimes take 6 weeks or more. Hmmmm...... :roll:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:47 am

I did make one snafu last night. I bought dgd21 a gift card from B ath & B ody works. Put it in a box to wrap. Also used the same size box for a couple more gifts. Last night I found the gift card on our floor. So she'll receive one gift that doesn't really have anything in it. It must have slipped out of the holder as I put it in the box. Since I have no idea which package of 3 it is, I'll just wait till she opens an empty one tomorrow night. :roll: :lol:

helia

Postby helia » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:25 pm

Aw, thanks Norma and Harriet. I'm glad you enjoy hearing about our family's traditions. To be honest, I'm not always sure what's a Dutch tradition and what is dh's family's tradition. I'm not sure about the gag gifts and poems (they call them surprises, pronounced like "surpreeses"), whether they are Dutch or Dh's family. I don't know if pancakes are a traditional Sinterklaas meal. We eat them b/c that's the most Dutch meal we make here. And of course, we have the dates all wrong but we're dealing with a culture that doesn't get Dec. 6 off and children that are away from home but still want to do shoe gifts.

I got my errands done. No line at all at the HB ham store. I had one reserved anyway so I was not concerned.

Done:
- HB ham store
- groc. store
- WF -- gluten free items
- everything put away
- refilled Maia's food container
- fed and watered 2 ddogs
- tax payments put in the mail
- dish drainer emptied
- s2s and self care done

I need to make sure the hens get tended today. I believe they're out of food.

Poffertjes are done!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:26 pm

I love the variety of this group of SHE friends!

I S2S and spent a few minutes on the treadmill. I was surprised how weak I am. Baby stepping my way.

We decided to let DS8 open one of his gifts. He is beyond thrilled and thankful.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:34 pm

Cuop x
Clear drive way of 3-4" new snow. X
Feed animals drink coffee. x

Next up shovel deck & clear patio sweep trails . X
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:44 pm

Good morning! It is still morning, right?

Thank you for the birthday wishes! Sixty-one isn't so bad so far. :lol:

I was up around 7:30 - have been getting up earlier this week at least - dfriend M asked it I wanted to walk this morning. We got McD bacon/egg/cheese biscuits on the way to the green way, and the person in front of us in line paid for them! The person behind us hadn't ordered yet so we weren't able to pass it on. Her R uby seemed to question where C was when I came out alone, but we had a nice walk and it was nice to get over that hurdle of first walk w/o C. I'm weepy again, tho.

Rain started just as we finished our walk, it will be a nice day to stay in today. This evening we're going to dfriends home, we usually go there on Christmas eve for their Christmas Eve and my birthday. Tonight they are having heavy snacks and drinks instead of a sit down dinner. She is an amazing cook, decorator, baker - She is a Martha Stewart type for sure! We all look forward to being with them, even dkids.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:12 pm

Happy Birthday to TwinsMom and wishing you a Happy Hanukkah also.

I am puttering around the house. There is always something to find to work on. I have cleared off the kitchen table and found another LOL to fold and did that.

DH and I worked on that durn doughnut project and we got a double batch to the rise point and are watching for it to double. Then the knead and cut out and put together and rise again then fry...sigh... but kitchen is cleaned up so far and we're getting there.

I did get my hair colored and a manicure and pedicure. Man! I bought myself a new toenail clippers and this thing is so sharp I swear you could shoe a horse with it. After using the styptic pencil to stop the bleeding..... :oops: all is ok and not sore, thank goodness. I have 2 badly ingrown toenails that I have to cut out each time and that isn't pleasant, but I keep it done.

Going to go out and fix those outside lights (another half string went bad). I can't believe I'm this far ahead. I still have the big salad to make, needs to be in refrigerator overnight. I guess we will go to church tonight either at 4 or 5:30 or 7, depending on where we are with these doughnuts.

I wish you all major successes getting all ready for all your holiday celebrations.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:20 pm

It is a great village, isn't it, LadyM! (I'm quite weak/run down too, LadyM. Only walked a short walk yesterday. Been very busy today and now am going to just rest. Added another lol which is done, folded & put away. Dsonil left $3 in his pockets. Suppose I'll give it to him -later. :lol: Maybe it's a 'tip'.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:40 pm

DS8 Christmas gift from DSon family arrived in the mail. I had already started opening it before I realized what it was. We went ahead and let him finish opening it.

I am going to have to go lay back down next to the humidifier. drat. I am wheezing and coughing too much. I took more congestion & cough meds. This too shall pass............
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:33 pm

Wish you and I could lie side by side, LadyM. We could at least keep each other company and maybe make good music together. :roll: But then dgd (our resident 'nurse') keeps reminding me to be more upright and not prone. Don't have much of a way to do that. Dh sleeps in the recliner at least until his shoulder is ready to 'lay it down'.

Just did a 'face time' with DS-R and family. That was fun! They announced together to dd that she might have trouble getting her GP (campground) membership this year. Seems they already paid it as her Christmas gift -just making sure she gets up there. Like she wouldn't. :lol: She watches dgs12 while she's there in the summer. Won't be long before he doesn't bear watching. Very little now but he does need someone responsible for him. How the years have flown since she started watching him and then I'd do it after she left until school began up there. Used to have to go over to their RV early but now I just wait for him to come to ours.

Return to “Post When You Can”