Celebration Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Celebration Sunday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:41 am

In the rush of all that you think has to be done, don't forget to celebrate today.

Merry Christmas!

Hanukkah Sameach!

Happy Birthday! (Norma today and Twin's yesterday, but I got mixed up so Twin's is belated.)

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Celebration Sunday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:46 am

I was only in bed 6 hours but there was no way I'd get back to sleep after the bladder-run so I am up writing lists. It is depressing.

Slowly things will come together. Already I've taken the time to put a few things back into the cupboards because I can't see a use for them. My issue is that once all the chairs are in place, those cupboards are inaccessible.

I'd love to vacuum but that is out because of ds sleeping. But I want him to sleep here so I'll use a broom to get up the worst of it (it is too early to vacuum without disturbing my neighbours below.)

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:22 am

It's ♫ Christmas Day in the Morning ♫ ! Merry, Merry!

Surely that need not and ought not to be the whole of Christmas - only a single day of generosity, ransomed from the dull servitude of a selfish year - only a single night of merry-making, celebrated in the slave-quarters of a selfish race!

If every gift is the token of a personal thought, a friendly feeling, an unselfish interest in the joy of others, then the thought, the feeling, the interest, may remain after the gift is made. - Henry Van Dyke (1852-1933) in Christmas-Giving and Christmas-Living

We have an average child age of 18 here :) so the whole morning excitement is postponed until the hour a teenager can drag herself out of bed. :)

HRH is making biscuits and veggie sausage - smells good.

Dd and I must be at church by 10 (no SS today and an abbreviated rehearsal).

Last evening's candlelight service was nice, although the crowd was lower than last year. We got several compliments on singing, and I think that's because with a higher percentage of visitors it sounded more as if we were doing special music, even though the words were right there. We switch up today with our bass singer leaving for family doings and our alto coming in to join instead.

Back home, we'll get ready for some afternoon company but will not be doing big cooking until tomorrow.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:37 am

Belated bday wished Norma & Twins!
Up at 5 ish.
Hens chores done.
Have art journal pic to put up in a fb group.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:13 am

Happy Birthday, Norma! We have a Christmas birthday too which reminds her I need to send her a text (she's 3).

Merry Christmas!!

Happy Hanukkah!!

It's set to be a glorious day -may it be so in your household.

Went to candlelight service last night. It was okay but not quite what we're used to -had a pulpit supply. Just as church was over dsisil called to see where we were (6:40). We've gone to 6 o'clock service for years and had told her (again) that we would be there around 7. Dsonil decided against going with us (no surprise) and was to meet us at dbil/dsil's at 7. We waited for a bit and dd went to call him and realized that she had a text from him earlier (she was on airplane mode). He'd been called into work again. He's at work now too.

I'm ready to go back to bed with this cold for at least a week! :| Now dh has it.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:02 am

Ds is home from work. He brought a muffin for his breakfast, he's too tired to eat anything. I made bacon and eggs and offered them to him but he refused. He worked overnight Dec 23/24, all day at the ski hill on ski patrol on the 24th and then 24/25 overnight. He has 25/26 to look forward to! That's why the house must be quiet for him.

He brought his laundry (at my request) and that is started. He also brought 5 shirts to iron. I had to iron the pillow cases for the craft so that wasn't too bad a surprise, and that task is done.

While I ate my breakfast he told stories from the ski hill yesterday. They had 5 incidents (a high number) and he was part of the response to two of them. There were also babies born overnight at work but nothing of note and it was quiet enough that the nurses put him down for a nap in a labouring room for almost 2 hours and covered for him.

He brought enough sweets that I'll skip baking sweets today but will do biscuits and corn bread. Both are easy.

On my ever growing to-do list, the b

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:04 pm

Happy Birthday Norma!!!

We were up before dawn watching DS8 open his gifts. He was thrilled. We have been outside to watch him ride his gift and now he is playing with another one.

Otherwise, it has been a quiet Christmas like we have never had. We have sent & received Merry Christmas wishes from multiple family members.

I am still sick and coughing like a seal. Each day is better but it is S-L-O-W process to get rid of this stuff. When I get up and start doing things I start coughing worse so I am forced to be a sloth.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:08 pm

Merry Christmas Y'all ...
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:10 pm

Hi!
We had a good morning, with so much singing. It was happy. Dd and the fellow who drove the van announced thanks about the Angel Tree work and about their experiences taking presents to homes, and they spoke well.

Just got a call from ds and his family also wants to drop by here to see dstepdil while she's here, and ask for a shelf in my fridge for two casseroles for tomorrow (yay).

((LadyM))

I believe most here at our site must be Christmasing!

We await the solving of the mystery of what Kathryn has added to her ever-growing l

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:14 pm

Merry Christmas, maxsgrandma!

Return to “Post When You Can”