Tree Down? Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Tree Down? Tuesday

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:46 am

Lucylee asked last night if leaving the tree up would sabotage her 2017 planning and efforts. What is your plan to (eventually, but before February) take the tree down, pack up the decorations and get the fresh 2017 start that we all deserve?

Or for me - w/o a tree - when do we move into 2017 planning and executing?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Tree Down? Tuesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:21 am

As a child, our tree was brought inside on the 23rd to defrost and open up a bit. It was decorated on the 24th and came down on Jan 2nd or later, depending on my mother's energy level. I swore when I grew up, my tree would be up on the first day of Advent!

In reality, the tree goes up between Advent 2 & 3 and stays up to the 2nd or 3rd, depending on my energy level.

I've been so busy, that these 3 days between Boxing Day and dh's birthday are my time to sit and enjoy the lights and the tree.

I always feel the New Year doesn't really begin until sometime between the 2nd and Epiphany. But then, I keep church seasons.

I'm up. Was out of bed at 6:15, done with bed after 8.5 hours. Maybe a nap later.

There is NOTHING on today.

I organized leftovers in the kitchen and pantry and made an inventory of the food that dd and dsil may use for New Year's Eve. It is a very, very, very, long list. I pray they agree to using it, otherwise it will go to waste (or waist.)

I still have a few more things to put away in the dining room and then I can pull the table cloth off and wash it. I'll have to vacuum again today.

I also shopped online for a mobile for dgs. Dd is thinking he needs stimulation but wants one he can see the characters on, instead of one oriented for the parents. There are several with nothing attached so she could add her own animals oriented correctly, or even pictures printed off. Or there is a safari themed one. All come with music boxes and we know how music calms him so I think it is an excellent gift.

She's also looking for different style tummy time mat so I looked up those for her and put the links in her FB post about that.

I've had tea (and chocolates from a box, not dark chocolate) and will have a breakfast of fruit and biscuits, perhaps with a bit of melted cheese on them to up the protein. Or maybe cream cheese. I'm going to put nuts out as well since I have the munchies but have healthy nuts to munch on. I've sealed up the bags of chips and put them out of sight.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:37 am

d twins I am so sorry to be so late - Happy Hanukah to you and your blessed family!!! I was going to write on the 24th for the first night but time slipped away from me.

to those who celebrated Christmas: I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!!! again sorry I was so late.

Christmas was hectic beyond measure but fantastic! Another special holiday!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:42 am

see how he does with a mirror (child safe) in front of him - or in the beginning to the side - see if he notices a baby in front of him. (also if there is something he glimpses at you can put that in front as well. angular, square, circle shapes.. little truck - wheels that spin (not in mouth unless meant for that age) , etc. (not over stimulating) just fun.

https://www.zerotothree.org/resources/312-stages-of-play-from-birth-to-6-months-a-full-body-experience about play

about developmental testing and support information
https://www.zerotothree.org/early-learn ... assessment

I am a big proponent of sign language at an early age - baby sign
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1868823/
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:11 am, edited 4 times in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:53 am

Morning y'all..

A merry Christmas was had by all here at my house. Lots of food, movies, laughter and fun.

The kids flew out last night and made it home safely. Now it's time for morning routines. Pups need to be fed and laundry started. I have no rule about when to dismantle my Xmas decorations. When I get inspired they will come down :D

Need to do a quick house blessing and then will spend some time with my book. I need to have a little down time and relax.

Waving to y'all. Hope you have a great day...
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:56 am

Blessed: thanks for those links!

I had some good play time with dgs yesterday.

I went to bed crying (and still tear up) over the past two days. Tears of overwhelming feelings of happy/joy/contentment/blessing. It was a very good Christmas.

Still sitting her on the computer. Must move....

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:59 am

so happy you and rose had a lovely christmas!

helia

Postby helia » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:59 am

Since we just got our tree on the 24th, I think it's staying up for another week or so. We weren't sure we were even going to get one with the huge remodel project continuing and our house still not put back together. But dh and dd18 felt strongly so they (or just dh?) went out and bought a very cute very little tree, about 5 feet tall.

Glad you had a fantastic Christmas, blessed!
You too Kathryn and RRose!
When are you moving into 2017 planning, Twins?

I've ordered something for dfriend R, so his Cmas is finished. I also ordered the sheet music for a flute sonata for dfriend S, (she was a flute performance major at our big Univ. here) but it won't arrive in time for our celebration, which I think will be New Years Eve. Neither will the art smock for toddler J. Toddler J will need an alternate gift to open. Dfriend S has another gift to open, and she'll be OK just knowing it's coming.

Dh and I are heading out for a jog now. We went to bed late (1 a.m.) after going to a late showing of Dr. Strange, which was a very fun movie to watch, if you don't think too much about the plot. But that's how all those Mar vel movies are. Ds and dd18 went with us. Dd21 didn't want to go so she hung out with a friend.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:04 am

have fun on your jog d helia!!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:05 am

This is the week that I try to work on putting some order back into the sewing laundry storage area. No new snow it hailed last nite and that has melted, today the winds are howling outside 18 - 25 mph. Nope tree stays up till New yr.s day Or the 7th. I used to try to get it down new yrs, day bc we had a bday
On the 4th here when the kids were living at home.

Hens fed & watered, trash is at the curb. I straightened up the bed. Knitting group today not sure on that depends on weather and roads.

Rx next up.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”