Thorough Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Thorough Thursday

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:30 am

thorough

1.Definition: painstakingly careful and accurate

"Our accountant is thorough", "Thorough research"

2.Definition: performed comprehensively and completely; not superficial or partial

"Made a thorough search", "Thoroughgoing research"

Related Adjective(s):exhaustive, thoroughgoing

3.Definition: without qualification; used informally as (often pejorative) intensifiers

"A thorough nuisance", "A thoroughgoing villain"
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Thorough Thursday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:35 am

I'm thoroughly overwhelmed.

This is a day I need to be thorough.

Today is the last business day of the year for me, since tomorrow I have house guests arriving.

So I have a number of business paperwork items to take care of and some personal ones as well.

Tonight we hope to join the NFs on a trip downtown to see the Christmas lights and the giant tree in the National Art Gallery. It is Thursday so the regular collection at the Gallery will be free. Bonus! That will be my reward for focusing on paperwork through the day.

Big snowstorm right now (only 3" of snow expected but things are still very icy underneath due to the ice storm on Monday not yet melting) so it is a day to sit inside and focus. I think I'll put the fireplace on the TV to create a warm mood (or a familiar movie on in the background to keep me in the living room.)

First up, s2s so I'm ready for the day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:43 am

I've had tea and finished off the Godiva chocolates. So that temptation is gone (unfortunately, into my tummy!) Two I don't like are in the garbage. I would have eaten them if I was at a party but here I've been spitting out anything that doesn't taste worth the calories when I put it in my mouth. Then tossing the remainder of that item. It seems rude but I wasn't the one who ladened me with all these sweets.

Dd took all the shortbread cookies for me yesterday, bless her heart. Then when I was at her place dropping her off, I had 3 of the ginger cookies she was burdened with, and can't stand. They are excellent so I told her to save the rest for me for Saturday night.

Ds's present arrived in the mail yesterday and I opened it this morning. It is damaged (a knife opening the case that had all of them in it sliced through the cover of the colouring book and into 10 of the pages.) I filled out the Amazon form and asked for a refund (I had bought one in a store to have just in case this didn't arrive before present opening day) and was surprised to be told I was getting the refund but don't send back the item. So ds can use the 80% of this that isn't damaged. And I got a bargain!

It is, by far, the nicest of the colouring books I bought for him. I had ordered 2 geometric design ones online and then found an architecture one in a store. He isn't into flowers or even mandalas but loves doing colouring while on shifts since it is something he can start and stop or do while chatting with the nurses when it is quiet at the birthing centre (they do knitting or handiwork of some sort.)

Anyway, my day is off to a good start. Now to get in the shower!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:17 am

11.50pm
My day is almost through.
I am thoroughly tired as today included dgs driving us to a southern beach and back. He is a learner driver. It was over 2 hours each way, stop go slow on the way down.
Lunch was nice. Beaches were pretty... Though also choppy with huge water pull, and occasional blue bottle stinging jellyfish. I got wet at least couching in shallow water , with knee deep water on the waves . Rough. I didn't stay there long.
I can't imagine moving to that part of the coast . I'm spoiled by the one near where I live now.
Must attempt better sleep tonight.

Goodnight. Hope you have a great day.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:27 am

Still not in shower.

Thoroughly researched my final piece of storage solution and have found what I want going on sale tomorrow. In stock today so will go buy it today if I can get the time and then go back tomorrow for the price adjustment. Easier than hoping it will be there tomorrow after the sale starts.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:36 am

I've been up since a little before 7. I've been puttering around and I've been on the computer too. I've nearly emptied a box in the garage that came with us in the move 4.5 years ago. Most going into the garbage, recycle or shred.

I like thorough today because we can go both directions with it, as Kathryn has.

PODA:
-pick up meals for dmom
-gas up the car
-massage
-visit dmom
-pick up at cleaners for dh
-call dr office/ins re dd's allergy testing (why not pd?)
-what else?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:38 am

sweet dreams d lynn

sending you a day where all the right steps fall into place with out too much stress d kathryn

d twins: a thoroughly good morning to you!!!

hello everyone.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:39 am

thorough isn't too hard for me: actually it is my achilles heel... I focus in too much instead of simplifying and doing surface work. Surface work (simplifying the process is the hardest thing for me!) 8-) ;)

heading out soon:
uncles this morning: d brother is taking him to doctor while I take his helper (he has one week left) to the grocery store
I have not had time to cook the last couple of days so I have to get food for him
go to lunch with dh and then go to his d mom's

home: work on front room

I have to laugh because I worked like a dog yesterday on the dining room and it looks dirty still but less (not completely) cluttered.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:41 am

As Debbie Reynolds sang... Good morning, GOOD Morrrning :D

I used to sing that greeting to my son every morning when I woke him up.

I lost yesterday due to a headache. Boo, hiss.. I hate when that happens.

Kathryn .... I was buying adult coloring books long before the rage...at the time the best place to buy them was at amazon. Now you can find them most every where. I even bought one for myself. And when I taught I used intricate coloring pages as rewards for my students. It had a great calming effect for many of them.

Drinking my coffee... need to get my pups up and start my routines. I did manage to get most of my work done yesterday.

Saw a cool thing on FB ... someone entirely wrapped their artificial Christmas tree in Saran Wrap and stores it that way. Love it and if I can figure out where to put my tree I am seriously gonna consider doing it :D

Tomorrow will be football day for me... Tenn plays in a bowl game and for the first time the University of South Alabama which I graduated from 20 years ago are playing in their first bowl game. The football team was first developed in 2009 so this is a first. May e a good time to start taking down my Christmas.

Off to feed my pups and start my day. Enjoy yours wherever it leads you ...
Last edited by Ramblinrose on Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:46 am

good morning to you too d rose!

ta ta ... see you later alligator... :D

Return to “Post When You Can”