Thorough Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Lynlee

Re: Thorough Thursday

Postby Lynlee » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:08 pm

Waving from Friday.
I finally slept maybe 5hours last night.
The bedroom is opposite the back door and kitchen so morning comes early with dogs to go out, or coffees made. Resting now, tmeds taken. And it is quiet again.
Hoping for mid to late morning departure. There will be lots of traffic to north coast , and also annual Woodford folk music festival. Last days for it as it runs this week.
I also need birthday and Christmas gifts for dsis who I'll see tomorrow on her way back home. And still need to post cards and a few gifts.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:26 pm

Yes! I loved Lady M's comment about Lucylee's football game!

I had a successful day out, although I had forgotten that the J ewish F ederation wasn't cooking meals this week. Went by there, and the Exec director bolted out to tell me no meals - I did remember once he said so, however. Back across town to massage therapy - am "balanced" once again and my shoulders tweeked back and down. Afterward, returned phone call to home health care social worker answering questions re: dmom's status - she had already visited. Talked to dbro on the phone too and then took K rystals for mom's lunch and a S ubway sandwich for dbro, and had a S ubway sandwich for myself en route. There, I walked dbro through a YDNA test (I hope it doesn't come back indicating that he's a french fry? as we didn't exactly follow all the instructions. :lol: ) After visit, I got emissions testing on my car done, then stopped off at grocery for supper supplies, and at cleaners for dh. And home again, finally.

While out, I also drove through the nice park that is so close and on the river, and wept about my Chief. We walked there so much and there were several dog walkers out this afternoon.

Dbro relays that it's been a quieter week with dmom, except that last night she kept calling him because she was hearing music, specifically "Big Rock Candy Mountain." She was also into the extra room, under the desk trying to unplug the old computer because she thought the music was coming from there. However, there was no music, I suspect it was "Musical Ear syndrome" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musical_ear_syndrome In the end dbro had to lock the extra room where the computer was to keep her out, and even then she kicked at the door a while. He agreed to accept some help with her again - so now need to get that set up and get VA application done and a hundred other things.

Dmom's dog Muffin is having increasing difficulty getting up the stairs. I still have a "lift" from the Macs days, but suspect that dbro wouldn't have the strength or patience to get her up the stairs. Whether she's inside or out, she has to handle steps. She is grossly overweight - we can't convince dmom to cut back on treats and table food - so lots OMM.

Ds is picking up Z to come over for awhile. Z is his best friend who lives in VA/Wash D.C. area now. We consider him a second son. He will be with us tomorrow evening for dh's birthday too.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:48 pm

Got the charitable contributions done and finished updating Quicken (actual the reverse.) Reconciled some credit card accounts while I was in the software. My bill-to-pay folder is now down to one bill and that's been reconciled but I'm waiting to pay it since it came yesterday.

No mail today.

Recycle has been done too. I need to get at the guest bed sheets next and then start in on payroll. I did a quick glance at it and am not sure all is right. If it is not, I have to get it fixed up before the 31st.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:20 pm

Stuff OMM here as well Sigh. Coloring helped! :mrgreen:

I only had kidN for an hr. Barely had time for cookie baking, & coloring.
Worked on my office and got some progress.
More snow/rain on the way.

Made progress on my office and have been able to relaim my desk and dust it off, then cleaned my table I use as a desk and. An use it now did some coloring. I did it ten min. At a time. I still need to work on the dressers in there but that is for another day.

I got the the after dinner routine kitchen looks better. Got a bag of trash out of here Yes!
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:50 am, edited 3 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:48 pm

The snow storm cancelled our trip downtown.

I got the rest of the Nuts & Bolts made and we had reheated pizza for dinner.

I've figured out a dinner time for tomorrow.

I'll work on prepping the guest room next.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:14 pm

How to NOT WORRY about mice getting into your stored Christmas trees and other stuff stored where there might be mice...

Bounce dryer sheets ! Scent doesn't matter, but brand does. Bounce is the only brand that works. I thought dh was nuts when he told me this. We have at least 20 in the boat when it is parked for the winter. We also have numerous around the garage. On shelves, in boxes and a few partially open boxes around the stuff I am worried about. I also have a 4 drawer filing cabinet out there with 3 or 4 sheets in each drawer. Dh says there isn't any sign of mice even after more than 15 months. I also have a box under each sink inside the house.

It was expensive, but I went overboard.

Seems we aren't going to Toronto tomorrow either. Dh has someone coming over after 5 p.m. tomorrow night to help hook up our new wireless printer.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:32 pm

Mid-afternoon I decided to take DS8 to a walk-in clinic because he was starting to have pain in ears. When I told DH where we were going, DH insisted that I stay home and let him take DS8. The walk-in clinic was busy so they had to wait for 4 hours to be seen!!! DS8 has double ear infections. *sigh* DH is picking up prescriptions for DS8 now. DS8 second set of ear tubes have fallen out.....and now the ear infections start again. crud.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:31 am

Oh, I'm so sorry LadyM and ds8! Happy that will be getting cleared up.

Twins' Mom, I remember Z. He has a memorable initial. :) Glad your family gets to spend some time with him.

Nancy, that's great you have layers at the moment. Right now my hens are not so sure! I probably just need to get out there and open up that house earlier each morning.

About Good Morning, Good Morning... ... that's what dd36 sings to her boys in the a.m. We talked about it in light of Reynolds' death and previously Carrie's. We were sad to hear about that.

Happy you got some sleep, Lynlee. Enjoy the next leg of the traveling.

I got my usual nap today, needed following dd36's family visit and the party and all.

Sickness suspicions - I was wondering if I was feeling a throat thing coming on. Needed a lozenge in the night last night. The children had previously had something - not sure - that they had gotten over before arriving, but who knows. I have continued to feel better with no need for a lozenge while napping, so I assume I'll manage to kick it.

I got the last church deposit made. That's really the only church Desk Day deadline left for the year. Hopefully I can keep from feeling frantic about the reports, etc. at first of year.

I have some 2017 plans churning around in my brain - not fully formed yet! I did order a Lang engagement planner. That type of planner does help me some.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:38 am

praying that your throat and body stay nice and healthy d harriet

good night every body
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”