Thorough Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Emptynester

Re: Thorough Thursday

Postby Emptynester » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:57 pm

Oh, poop! I just lost a long post.

Hello, all are well here.Well, I'm fighting a cold which I hope is better by Sunday as I am assisting Elder then.

Good new book series is " The Celtic Brooch" by Katherine Lowry Logan. All are on Kindle Unlimited for free reading. Histoic fiction/time travel. Multiple generations of large family. 6 booKS so far.

Time to get moving as DS and DGD#6 might be coming out next week. I have to get MH (guesthouse on wheels) ready for them.

TTFN
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:18 pm

MT - Thanks for the CI and book recommendation. I just sent the first book of the series to my kindle.

DS8 just crashed his dirt bike. All is well but part of the crash involved going through a rose bush. He is learning the hard way how much the thorns hurt. He just asked me to find him a book to read about riding dirt bikes safely. :)

Editing to add: Just found 3 books about dirt bikes that were appropriate for DS8 available on Kindle Unlimited.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:50 pm

I am letting my hair dry a little before I finish up with the dryer and various heated styling items. Then I need to head out.

I am going to the store but there is not much on my list. I guess I am waiting to see if db2 shows up with dm. If he does, we will be eating all meals at home and I will have to buy serious amounts of groceries. Db2 thinks he looks like his idol, W illie N elson. He does have the waist length pigtails, beard and looks old enough to be W illie, despite only being 57. Other than that he doesn't look like W illie. If db2 doesn't come, then we will be eating out some and bringing in carryout. I am just not in the mood to do a lot of cooking for company if I can avoid it.

Guess I better finish my hair and get with it................

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:52 pm

Progressing slowly.

I'm dressed and have got some of the data entry done. My hair is in the same state as Lilac's.

Watched Miracle on 34th St. (the good one!) while working but it slowed down my progress. I also wrapped gifts so that's another item off my to-do list.

Lucylee hasn't posted since yesterday. Keeping her in my thoughts.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:40 pm

Just realized that I haven't been here yet today and now I realize why:
2.Definition: performed comprehensively and completely; not superficial or partial "Made a thorough search", "Thoroughgoing research"
Can we say almost 2 hours?!! I've looked and looked through everything I can think of looking for the minutes from our church's annual budget meeting. When I reviewed texts between our moderator and me following the meeting, I realized I never received an email re: this. Besides today moderator told me that the person who took notes, did so in detail. It was a long meeting with some controversy so I know now that I've not received them. I spent some time finishing up all of my own reports but have not one report from anyone else up home. Deadline is Sunday! I have to have them ready to go within the week so the secretary can get the report done and compiled, ready to hand out the 15th (week before our actual meeting). (Hurry up, people!)

I 'thoroughly' went over my reports and printed them out so they're all good. I 'thoroughly' resubscribed to my annual Disney pass. Unfortunately I tried to do it yesterday and had planned to ask dd to help me. Forgot about it and my renewal date was yesterday to get a 15% discount. Drat! Didn't remember till this morning! At least I did get 13 months for the price of 12. It should also not be due until January next year -I hope. Hate that that and our car insurance come due right around Christmas.

DD and I have Trivia tonight. The 'boys' usually get "hot & spicy wings" from P ublix on Thursday night as we get a small dinner at the restaurant. Tomorrow night we have hockey in Orlando and Saturday they've moved the game from 7pm to 4pm. Like that even better. Will be in and out before all the 'crazies' on the road we hope. That drive is bad enough without adding in New Year's Eve.

Everybody seems to be resting so guess I will as well................
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:44 pm

Lilac, I hope you have a get-together without a lot of surprises and without drama if possible.

blessed, I'm fascinated by your dd's art that will be on a card. If you get a photo, post it in Jan.

Harmony, so sorry to hear one chore took up your time like that.

helia, we always have a real one. We have the kind of stand that has one "finger" of a cotton picker (farm machine) sticking up out of a (vehicle) wheel rim, and most trees around here are now sold with a hole drilled up into the trunk to match those, in case people have them. Many tree lots around here sell these exact contraptions. In theory, you just drop the tree's trunk down onto the spike and it's finished, can be rotated around as you wish. In practice, it's a little harder, but it's extremely sturdy and you can be confident.

Board games we played with the family have been "Storyline" and "Apples to Apples". Both fun.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:12 pm

Hi!!

It was snowing when I put the garbage out, so we decided to stay local and NOT go to Toronto today. Now we have put it off until tomorrow. There wasn't a lot of snow, but it was the wet and heavy kind. Messy, but not enough to shovel.

We both went and renewed our fishing licenses. We both renewed our outdoor cards as well and dh renewed his hunting license. The fishing ones are only for 1 year and all of the others are for 3 years. Almost $300 later, we are good to go.

We also went to a used book store and a book sale. We got nothing at the used book store and I got a baking book at the annual half price book sale.

I think dh is having a nap now.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

helia

Postby helia » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:19 pm

Ah, glad we're not the only ones who wrangle real trees in and out of our house, Harriet. That stand sounds interesting and potentially quite convenient! That's not the sort we have. I've played Apples to Apples with my ESL students (not the beginners) on days that require a game or something going on in the classroom while I do individual testing/interviews in the hallway, and they really enjoy it. Many see it as a vocabulary exercise, specifically adjectives.

I've got the New Years Card ready to order. I'll let dh read the synopsis. I don't want to sound braggy, and what sounds braggy is different to different people. Dh is pretty ruthless re: cutting, so he'll be a good editor.

I've made a couple phone calls and Lily now has an appt. and I'm waiting to hear back (via email -- I'm trying a new system) for a check up appt. for myself. I got my passport this week! Trying to get ducks in a row before we leave the country for a month -- assuming that's still happening.

I've also made the bed and reclaimed the downstairs kitchen. The plumbers have turned the water back on.

Ooh-- just got an invite to watch the orange bowl tomorrow night with friends. Kids get back into town tomorrow night. . . Will we go? Kids are invited but don't particularly click with this family's kids.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:33 pm

Yea! Have 5 laying hens one more started today, another back on track after a molt. Lunch is done gotta love Campbell's this time of year. :mrgreen: Got a gift basket ready to go. Have veg. Thawing for dinner.

I love the smell of real trees but fake trees save us $ and clean up is easier, do not have to worry about the dry needles but I do miss having a real tree.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:25 pm

We're fine, Kathryn -- thanks for thinking of us! On our way to college town for basketball game. DH feels better -- not 100% but much better.

LadyM -- I will not be wearing the poncho to New Orleans! Temps are supposed to be in the 70s there Sunday and Monday! Hooray for that! And thank you for your sweet compliment.

Traffic is thoroughly heavy today, btw. Glad my driving "shift" is done! Y'all have a good day.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”