Fresh Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Fresh Friday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:59 am

Good Morning, Good Morning!

(Harriet reminded me of that last night.)

Normally I'd start off with some sort of reflective post on the past year.

Instead I'm focusing on fresh starts because every day is a chance to start over, learning from the mistakes and missed opportunities, but not requiring us to make the same mistakes again.

For me it is Groundhog Day (again) so I'll be focusing on tweaking things to get the results I want.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Fresh Friday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:08 am

What inspired me today was a success I had last night while prepping the spare bedroom.

My extra linens are stored in plastic bins and unfortunately, the bins seem to leave a smell in anything in them, not musty, but certainly not fresh. Since I don't know what I'll need, it wasn't as if I could just wash a few things, and I can't wash the wool blankets.

So I decided to try Febreeze. I sprayed the items lightly (because I don't like the scent) and tossed them in the dryer on low heat for 10 minutes. Everything came out fresh smelling! There's no unfresh smell and no smell of the Febreeze. Woot!

I was able to freshen my extra queen sized sheets and remake the bed last night (I have simply been washing and remaking the bed with the same sheets for months because the second set were not fresh smelling.)

I have all the blankets out.

Before bed I put the remainder of the smelly stuff in the living room. I sprayed the inside of the bins and they smell fine now. The other items still smell, though, so the Febreeze is doing something. I've just finished up the pillows and pillow cases.

At the same time, by going over everything I have, I've found things to give away or store elsewhere and magically, one bin is now empty! Which means I have room to put the gift wrapping supplies in the closet now (that bin was always just in the corner of the room) which, since things cascade around here, means there's room for the toy chest I'm buying today.

I'm very pleased.

Happy Birthday to my dh and Mr. Twins.

That's my Groundhog Day, since it is dinner for 9 this evening.

Gotta *poof* now because I'll be on the go all day, but I wanted to share that success in freshening linens quickly. And put in a plug for a product that actually works. It is so hard to find cleaning supplies that actually do what they say they'll do.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:25 am

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO TWINS DAD AND TO KEN-IN-CANADA! May the day be a 'fresh' start for each of you!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:31 am

Got me to wondering, Kathryn, if a dryer sheet placed in plastic bins would help -if it's a scent you like that is.

Got up before anyone else in the household. Dh is in showering right now. Sure dd will try to sleep in for a while. Dsonil did leave for work about an hour ago. He started his new job today. Didn't go well at all when he turned in his resignation on Wednesday. His boss has been much of a j e r k anyway. Dsonil gave his 2-weeks notice and that didn't make the boss happy -maybe because he's got 3 others who are putting out their resumes? Ended up telling dsonil he could just collect his stuff and leave. So he called this (much better) company and they told him he could start with all the orientation today. It's the job he's wanted for a few years now anyway so hopefully it'll be much better for him. Unfortunately it's completely in the opposite direction of where dd took her new job this fall -with the intention of moving that way.

Took my thyroid med and s2s. Now it's time for a fresh start on the day. Off to make the bed and take my morning meds first up.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:32 am

I had to lol at Harriet last night remembering dkids friend Z. We have known him since the three of them were a little less than a year old. Even now, ds talks to him almost every day. We ended up going out to eat at O ld C hicago P izza. He is lactose intolerant, and there were enough other things on the menu that everyone was happy.

Still mulling over dmom issues from yesterday - musical hallucinations and issues with her dog.

I need to get busy on clean up for dcleaning lady. Friend M and I are having lunch out later and walking together.

The pain in my gum/mouth has come back - it's been five years now - mostly ok but last night was aching so badly I took the pain relief acetaminophen p.m. (includes benydryl) and sacked out at 9 p.m. Slept well and long. Assuming this continues I need to see dentist next week again. He always concludes he can't find it and doesn't do anything and the pain eventually goes away. Don't know if I've reached the point I need to consider other alternatives. He has said that capping the tooth might help, my primary care doc says suggests the endodontist and a root canal, altho there's no indication other than pain that is needed. So I continue to ride on with the off and on pain, usually not as bad as last night.

Thank you for dh's birthday wishes! He and Ken are birthday twins, sharing the date and year. Happy, happy Birthday to Ken in Canada! We will be with friends tonight - they are making brisket and the men will make latkes. I'm supposed to make challah, which I may delegate to dd.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:32 am

Hi!

I was truly expecting to see something regarding the final Friday of the year. Fresh is good! Febreeze is good. We sprayed at least one entire bottle around the house after my dad died because the house stunk and we were having people over after the funeral, so things had to be freshened up quickly.

Happy birthday to Mr. Twins and Ken!

We aren't going to Toronto. Dh mentioned going to see his mom, but he is in bed snoring. From a brief discussion earlier, I know he didn't sleep well.

Most dishes are done. I could put laundry away. Dh said something last night about fixing some shelves in the library.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:10 am

Happy birthday to Ken & Mr. Twins!

I am up and feeling almost normal! Today is my last day of antibodies! F.I.N.A.L.L.Y!!! I still have my croupy sounding cough so I know I haven't kicked it 100%. However, I can breathe easily so I'm ready to start ramping back up to normal activities.

I woke up during the night with the realization of what DS8 being on antibodies could bring! The primary reason is ear infections, but this is the first time he is taking antibodies since his tics started. Some studies show that tics go away when on antibodies. I am excited to see if it happens with DS8 tics.

DH told me that DS8 about lost it last night when the nurse put them in a treatment room and shut the door. ARGH! I have been observing signs of DS8 being claustrophobia for the past couple of weeks, but each time I was able to talk him through it. DH told the nurse the door needed to stay open and DS8 calmed down.

Next up -
** S2s
** Breakfast cooked/served/cleaned up
** 3 minute per room PUPA
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:13 am

happy birthday ken and twins dad!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:17 am

hello all!!!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:38 am

d twins. praying that pain in mouth goes away and also for your d mom and her needs.
hi d twins
d lady hope your cough goes away soon but glad your breathing easier
hi d cathy hope your dh gets rest tonight
hi d dee praying your d sil enjoys his new job and that there is potential for a lot of growth that comes his way.
hi d kathryn - those linens smell sparkly all the way over here! I definitely agree that each day is a way to start fresh! What a great way to start us. thank you.
d harriet hello

and hello all again!!! have a good day!!!

heading out soon:
meeting with hospice, uncle and d brother and grocery shop for uncle (I can't tell you how my d brother has been such a help for me!A Godsend)
then comeback and then leave again at 4:00 for the evening for meeting with family about d mil's needs and how we all can help.

Return to “Post When You Can”