Happy New Years Eve 2016

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Happy New Years Eve 2016

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:27 pm

Got the Hanukkah basket delivered to dson & family got to see his family, and dropped off a book and journal at dd's pkace. Then we got groc. To stock up before the next round. Winter weather advisory up for 24 hrs. Till ten a m in the morning.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:12 pm

It is interesting to read about other people's anxiety. Sad, but interesting. I am the first one I know of who gets anxious like this but I think it's gone down the family line to DD1 and definitely to her first son. He is the worst of us and was doing pretty badly there for a while. Right now he's doing ok. DD1 also has some ocd. Things like having her throw rugs square to the floor tile. I would love to know how heredity plays a part in this. DD2's youngest son has a couple tics, which are just repetitive movements he makes, and he has been tested and does not have tourettes and no verbal things. I never noticed his movements until they pointed it out to me. Course, I have that brain thing and I'm certainly glad I have not passed that on to anyone. Sometimes I wonder if I'm adopted cause this all seemed to start with me, allergies also. I'm sure it could be worse things to worry about.

Dinner was great. Kitchen is cleaned up,

I'd like to wish everybody a happy New Years. We made it through another year!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:19 pm

Hello and Happy New Year to everyone! We still plan to be on the road tomorrow... shaking my head. DH is still not feeling great AND the SUV is still acting up a little bit too. I told dh today, "You know you are going to have to talk to the doctor about this eventually, don't you?" and he said yes, he knew... but he was so hoping it would be AFTER the ballgames...
and of course, if he is feeling better then... he'll continue to put it off... * sigh *

Went to dmom's and delivered her meds for next week.
Went to dollar store/grocery store/drug store in search of antioxidant drink dh thinks made him feel so much better Thursday night when he bought some at a truck stop on the way home from college town. (Got some at the drug store, so maybe they will work again.)
No plans for the night, and that suits me just fine.

I'm just feeling kinda "down" this NYE. I don't know why. I guess it's just the normal after-Christmas letdown, and the dread of taking down tree/etc after we return next week. I'm also just a wee bit disappointed (and being selfish) that we have made arrangements to meet dh's cousin Monday and eat lunch. I shouldn't be this way -- he probably knows some great place to eat b/c he lives close by & his son has lived there for years. We'll probably do better with him than we would without... but still... it's a short trip and I was kinda looking forward to not having to deal with ANYONE for three days.

Lady at the drug store commented on how much better my dmom was doing, so that was a BIG bright spot in my day. I guess that is the number one good thing about this past year -- getting dmom off so much drug dependency and letting her see that she CAN live without them. I am sooo thankful that has happened -- and it is another example of how the worst thing that you think can happen (much loved doctor leaving town) turns out to be the best thing that could happen.

I also am down on myself b/c it seems no matter what I do, I cannot get myself into a good morning routine. I did a full 28 days of no internet before breakfast & Bible reading... and then just completely fell off the wagon there. * sheesh * So I've got to start back at square one I guess next week. TOMORROW. No need to wait till we get back to put that one in practice.

Oh well... I sound like such a downer.
Re: anxiety -- I am pretty sure I inherited a lot of my tendencies from ddad. He had problems with it from time to time (although he covered it extremely well) and his dbro had/has even more. I don't know if either of their parents did or not. OTOH, one of dmom's first cousins told me that depression is a problem in my maternal grandfather's family. I never saw this in my grandfather, but she told me this when we were discussing dmom's troubles following ddad's death.
WTG, LadyM on the many ways you are helping DS8. I know you two are going to get through this and come out on the other side with flying colors! You are amazing -- and HE is pretty amazing, too, the way he shows such insight and maturity in dealing with all that he has to contend with.

Waving to ALL * and apologizing for depressing post! *
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”