A Happy Clean Slate Sunday 2017

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Lynlee

Re: A Happy Clean Slate Sunday 2017

Postby Lynlee » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:03 pm

Waving from tomorrow.

I did abysmally at sleeping last night, though I suspect there was more sleeping involved than what I am aware of. 7 hrs in bed at least. That's my minimum objective.
Today I've started a January page in my checklist book. I've decided not to go with expectations of it being a bullet journal. Though that may happen. I have a trimmed down list of headings on the month page. basic MR, DR,(well that's the dream list), AR, ER and BBR. Any effort can get ticked off. Multiple efforts can get the checkbox looking more like a star or 8 compass points. Yesterday's people connections gained me a 3 intersecting checks.
The book is a work in progress.

a LOl is hanging outside and in, all undercover as an occasional shower happens.
I have dishes to wash.
And attend to the torture of the netti pot substitute squeeze bottle. DSis told me yesterday it was not something she could tolerate doing. My question for me is, am I desperate enough to try it, and persist enough to get used to it. I suspect that until my sinuses are cleaned out, it will be painful. And that may be a while.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:14 pm

The music keyboard is back in its corner of the living room. Which frees up room in the spare bedroom to put bins away (it was in the closet and the bins formed a stand for my guests' suitcases.)

My poinsettia is back out in full view. It had been tucked away, since it is HUGE and took up too much room when there were so many people to sit in the living room.

I'm not sure when things will go away but I'm psychologically ready for them to be put away. Time to examine ds's work schedule since my 12 Days of Christmas over there (1 hour a day working on his apartment) affects our storage locker which ideally should be reworked while the Christmas bins are upstairs so dh has room to put up the shelves we are retrieving.

I just listened to a TED talk on time management "How to Gain Control of your free time" by Laura Vanderkam. It is only 12 minutes and can be listened to while working around. It wasn't brilliant, but it reminded me to take time to update my bullet journal right now so that I've slotted in the big rocks (something she didn't talk about but the way I think about time/projects) this week and not missing anything.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:20 pm

So far, working on laundry cards for the first quarter (DONE) and cleaning declutter card for Jan.(DONE) Also began the Jan eating record in a word doc. edit to say, printed 2017 weight tracking page for me.

Black-eyed peas and turnip greens eaten as a late snack! :)
Mrs. young man's mother fed dd greens and beans as well.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:26 pm

Drats y'all ... guess I'll just look for a large wooded lazy Susan at g-will.

Kathryn, coffee loses it taste and the freezer causes moisture which is coffee's enemy and causes it to go bad in time.

You can freeze coffee in an air tight canister but only for a month. You can read more if you google it. I used to freeze my coffee or keep it in the refrigerator until I learned not to many years ago.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:09 am

Harriet, your church seems to be taking the verse about the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing just a bit too literally. (Someone else may have already said this -- posting on phone -- hard to review.)

We are too old for New Orleans.
Lesson 1 -- NEVER book a hotel in the French Quarter during a bowl game. All the roads are closed and it is almost impossible to get where you're going. Thank you, Siri. I finally gave up and asked her to call the hotel (their # was NOT on my email confirmation) and then they told me how to get to their parking (which was also NOT on the email and NOT the same as their Bourbon St address.)
But anyway -- we had a delicious supper, walked around awhile, could NOT find the Cafe du Monde for the (famous pastry things that I can't spell), gave up, came back to hotel.

Oh well. Nice to be here anyway.
Tomorrow is another day.

Dove

Postby Dove » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:49 am

Happy New Year! And a big thank you & ((hugs)) to the Admins & Mods here for all the work you do for our village home.

Thought of some helpful things while cuop. Harriet, I love my perpetual calendar! I only had to fill out all the birthdays & anniversaries once instead of doing it every January. A good time saver :)

Lady M, (& anyone else who may be sick), hope you feel better soon. If your nose gets sore from blowing so much, consider using chapstick under your nostrils. Dh taught me this trick years ago & it works well.

Hope your schedule calms down now, Bookie. So good to see you :) .

Dh & I had a quiet, lazy day today. Since tomorrow is when the calendar says New Year's is observed, we may do the same tomorrow :P . Or start taking the Christmas decorations down, which would be a better use of our time.

Sweet dreams, everyone.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:28 pm

Slept well... even got to see a little bit of the parade on tv... heading out to meet dh's cousin for lunch.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”