Tuesday Travels

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
bittersweet

Tuesday Travels

Postby bittersweet » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:23 am

Where will you go this Tuesday? Will you follow the footprints in your home? Venture out into the wilds of C ostco, K roger's, or H ome Depot? How about exploring your neighbourhood?

Another day full of promise and possibilities.... let's make it an adventure!
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

helia

Re: Tuesday Travels

Postby helia » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:30 am

So nice to see you, bittersweet!! I hope you have some fun adventures today!

We saw Moana last night, really cute fun movie.

Travels. . . First, I'm traveling to a nearby coffee shop to meet dfriend B2 for coffee. This is not just social; we are both teaching 1 week on the next topic for our moms group so we're going to discuss and work on coordinating that this morning. Later, I'll travel to campus to (1) move dd21 back (2) move ds back and (3) stop by payroll. I'll also travel to WF for salmon/trout for dinner tonight. They have the best fresh fish in town, imho. I might also travel to the gym for some weight training.

Workers will be back in our house this morning.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:48 am

Bittersweet! So good to see you and thank you for giving us a good start this morning.

Both dh and I slept???? very poorly last night. I got up before I wanted to simply to take my thyroid med and get a hot pad on my left shoulder. For some reason it's in great pain this morning and I can barely move it without excruciating pain. :cry: It'll be better (I hope). Took BS and it was only 75 -so between being low and shoulder pain I'm pretty shaky. Can't eat for 1/2 an hour or so -after I take the rest of my meds.

Pretty gray outside. We need to 'travel' to dbil/dsisil's for just a bit this morning. Don't think we've been there since Christmas Day. Traveling to dd's school this afternoon to see her 'new' classroom. She was quite excited about seeing it today, expecting a great transformation. Then we're traveling on to Orlando for tonight's hockey game. I'm doubting I really want to go today but feel I need to drive to DD's school for dh.

Going to check emails for some more annual reports -I know there's at least 2 there that I can get done.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:17 am

so nice to see you d b is sweet! Another day full of promises and adventures : I like that! what a nice way to start our day.

hello all - hope you are all well and have a lovely day

hi dee - sending you a good day with a restful night without pain tonight! I know when my sugars are low my pain level is higher - hope you feel better fast

Glad you liked the Moana movie last night d helia ! have fun with d friend this morning!

yesterday - I was out for the count again. dh took over for d uncle twice this weekend. He needed to get hit over the head (not literally 8-) :lol: ) about my work load regarding elders. He got upset that he was waiting in the car while I spoke to one of my d sil re: care for his d mom. ( he could have come out and see what we were talking about but he stood outside the car indignant that he was waiting) He stayed cranky for quite a while and I felt like my head was under so much stress. He finally got it - It took about 3 hours of him pouting and having an angry face before I finally got through the stress I am under - physically and mentally. My health is not good right now and the stress put on by others and being the go to person is straining my body. So yesterday my body gave in and I slept-my body's become older than my age.

to do:
bank
oldest dog vet nails and shots
d uncle check on and do his meds
stop by restaurant for d uncle and d mil food (I am cooking tonight)
d mil
go see the movie Fantastic beasts at 3
my checking account from December 2016
work on project with dh
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:24 am

Dee, I slept poorly also but got myself on up this morning so I would be sleepy tonight. I've been staying up later and sleeping later in the morning, but that doesn't explain the poor sleep altogether.

I am so glad to see Bittersweet here!

I have a therapist appt at 1 p.m. and otherwise am working a desk day, paper taming, and zone work today.

bw2, yes, read them all the riot act! They all need to be helping, not complaining, about the elder care situation! I am hoping for you that the transition to Hospice for duncle will be good for him, and more help for you.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:34 am

Morning y'all...

Yeah bittersweet... so good to see you :D

Sun is just peaking over my mountain. This time of the year we get spectacular sunrises. Working on my routines, still have pups to fed, my footprints are picked up.

I am off to a new gym this morning and will be reunited with my gym buddie. This one is closer to home and has a 8:30 class which is great. That means I don't have to get up at 30 dark 0, but does have a 5:30 am class if I'm subbing that day. My library is also along the way which makes me very happy too.

Interesting story.... a 2nd unknown cousin responded to me because our DNA was a match. My mothers maternal grandmother and his paternal fathers grandfathers were brother and sister. I call my mom to tell her about this cousin and she was stunned. My mom will be 89 in a few weeks and her mind is still sharp as a tack.

Anyway I asked if she knew this brother of her grandmother and she said yes... "my grandmothers brother lived wit my grandparents for as long as I can remember. The story I was told was S had come to live with them after his wife died."

I said... does that mean you never knew he had a family, because this guy who contacted
me was S's great grandson.

My mom lived off and on with her grandparents and S for most of her childhood and said her grandmother would never talk about anything about family to my mom and my mom always wondered about S. So now I have a mystery to solve so I know the rest of the story. The guy who contacted me was very friendly and told him to contact him if I had any questions about his side of the family so this could be an interesting conversation.

I also uncovered the fact that my mothers grandmother has several children who died as either babies or children. That wasn't uncommon during the late 1800 and early 1900's. What did surprise my mom was as close as she and her grandmother was, her grandmother never talked to my mom about it.

Off to start my day...enjoy yours where ever it leads.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:37 am

Think you may be right, blessedw2. My BS was only 75 and the pain in my left shoulder has been at a 10 part of the time this morning. Usually this kind of pain may last a few minutes but this has been a couple of hours and enough to bring me down and to tears. Put some moist heat lotion on this morning after 2 rounds with the heating bag. Think it's beginning to ease. Dressing was a real struggle as well as showering.

Just took my morning meds and now on to breakfast.

I'm with Twins, blessedw2 -the riot act!

We also enjoyed "Moana", Helia.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:40 am

bittersweet we missed you in 2016! So glad you are here now. I hope your upcoming time off work and away will be relaxing. Yes, I've been mentally "reading" that clipboard in Decluttered Home, too.

I seem to be doing a lot of throat-clearing. Hmmm... ... Not sick but I did take a mucin ex last evening and I think that was wise. Don't know if I'll do that during the day, though. I suppose this is the aftermath of whatever was trying to happen last week. As far as the other - the stomach virus ds' family went into after Christmas - no one in our household has those symptoms even yet, so we seem to have dodged it.

Dee, LadyM and Nancy (for your ear) I hope you are each better.

blessed, you are doing so well with everything. It's just misunderstanding and won't last. ((hugs))

Hmmm.. .. must go back and read Ramblin's discovery again! Cool.

Called the church's bank first thing and arranged to go over and have them print out the info they do have at this time of month, even though the statement won't be ready until after the weekend. I simply can't wait, because I'll have to make stacks of both regular and large-print copies of the year report and the last possible minute for that work would be Friday. If I do wait that long, I'll be nervous about it and these negative feelings are not good for me. And not a minute given to year-end letters to givers yet, which will take a lot of time and have people waiting. So if I have to announce in meeting that we simply weren't able to have a definitive report in so little time, I'll do it. Not my circus, not my monkeys. I cannot read the riot act, but will be clear.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:45 am

Good Morning!

I had the most wonderful moment this morning when I coughed. It was a normal chesty cough instead of sounding like a seal. I am sooo very happy to finally reach this milestone Since I have been sick I have been sleeping 10+ hours! I will be watching my sleep pattern so I know when my body has recovered. When I return to my normal 7 hours of sleep, then I will know the recovery is complete.

I didn't stay up to watch the Sugar Bowl football game last night. I found out this morning who won. DH said he thought Auburn defense is excellent.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:15 am

I'm not sure I'll be traveling today, we'll see what the weather brings. At this point, I can't see through the ice build up on my window, which is an indication to me to stay home and double my time at ds's tomorrow. But rain may came in this afternoon and then I'll be able to be mobile.

I'm s2s and the bedroom is put right. I'm doing full 'facepaint' as Lynlee called it, to see if I can develop this habit. My jeans are in the wash and my backup jeans are a bit too small (I need to loose 5 - 10 lbs) so sitting is uncomfortable. I can switch back in an hour if I want, or keep these on to remind me not to eat!

Will start in on packing up Christmas. The kitchen and dining room are basically done (I'm using the dining room as a packing spot so it is a mess but I think the decorations for that specific room are put away.)

The order of packing what is left away is:

- Nativity scenes
- Christmas Tree
- Lights in the windows
- Wreath on the door

If I skip ds's, I could finish that up today and then move on to my next challenge which is re-organizing the area around my desk and making full use of the new bookcase in the office. Which involved scanning the contents of 5 archive boxes.

There is heavy renovation being done near us (probably one floor up or perhaps up and over) and the noise is very distracting. I have my Trekz headphones on (bone conduction so I can hear dh as well) and am playing soothing music. Putting something soothing in front of the noise of the construction is helpful, it keeps me from wanting to scream in frustration. I'd leave here if I could (but can't because of the driving.) Certainly, there will be no concentration work being done today.

Return to “Post When You Can”