Tuesday Travels

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
BookSaver
Administrator

Re: Tuesday Travels

Postby BookSaver » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:47 pm

I have added a thread for Holiday Planning 2017 to our section for The Creative Home -- because it's never too early to start thinking about next Thanksgiving, right?
<ducks & runs> :lol:

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:18 pm

I am home from therapy appt and a walk through T uesday M orning. Bought only some dish towels; I will retire some of those that Chief had chewed corners from. I was on a roll before I left here - had taken care of a stack of papers and straightened and purged my desk.

Trying to regroup and figure out what to do next.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:24 pm

Bookie... after my gym class I headed to my library. It's one of my favorite things to do. My love affairs with books and the library began in third grade. I saved my allowance to buy books from the Weekley Reader and could hardly wait till they arrived. The library was just a block from school and loved it too.

When I was growing up my school had a book fair every fall. I'd save my money, ride my bike to school and spent all my money on books. One of my favorite books was one that I read in fourth grade called The Lion's Paw. After I was grown I searched for it for years. Not long ago I found an out of print copy on line for $395 :shock:

Later I learned it was going to be reprinted and paid $19.95. I couldn't wait to read it wondering why it had made such an impact on me. I read it within one reading and enjoyed it as much as a kid.

My body is crying. Among other things using the rowing machine I rowed 1250 meters and my hinnie is screaming. Can only imagine what I will feel like in the morning.

Off to go down the rabbit hole, but need to get dinner ready first. Once I go down the hole the outside world seizes to exsist and it hard to come back :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:37 pm

Starting dinner would be a good thing to do.

The tree is down in the locker along with 3 bins. There was 1 there. There are 3 more to come down and go on the shelves plus two more that won't fit on the shelves. We left our tree in only the cardboard box instead of the box in the tree bag since then it fits on the top of the shelves.

Even so, we do not gain the advantages we wanted from the shelves - more room (since we can use more of the vertical space) and access to a single bin without moving others.

I'll have to lift down the queen sized air bed plus another smaller box to get Halloween off the top of one shelf.

Neither of us alone can lift the tree into place (plus it is no longer in plastic and there's a drain pipe running through the ceiling of our locker.)

We will have to move both large bins plus a smaller one out to get to anything on the shelves at all.

I'm not sure there's room for our dolly (unless it is also on top of the large bins.

In summary, this is a failed experiment which dh isn't yet willing to admit is a failure. It would have worked had the shelves been 2" wider or my bins 2" narrower, or the shelves 3" higher but none of that is possible. I could buy bins specifically for this project but I object to doing so when I have perfectly good bins already. He doesn't want to give up on this. He spent ages removing the shelves from ds's and reassembling them here yesterday. And he said, if they aren't in the locker, where will they be? Well the answer to that is not here, we don't have a place for them.

We should just build a shelf across at shoulder height and split the load up that way. I just know we can fit less into the locker now.

Anyway, I'm frustrated and have spent the last 2.5 hours on this and still have the window lights to do. I'm so sick of Christmas right now and the mess that the locker is going to be. Dh should be cutting his losses and removing the shelves now while there are still 6 bins waiting to go in.

We just had two sets of people trying to sell us fake charity chocolates. Soliciting is against the rules in here so I called the office and they've already had complaints. I literally slammed the door in the face of the second group without saying a word.

helia

Postby helia » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:46 pm

Well, good -- and darn. My nice low-key work schedule just became less low-key. They split an upper level writing class with 17 students in it, and I was asked to take the second section as I have the most open and flexible schedule. So, now I have a class every day of the week -- but just 1 class. Still lighter than last fall.

I think ds and dd21 are taking the car and moving themselves in. Dh will be here soon to pick me up to go for a jog. It will be a quick one since the sun will be setting in about an hour.

I didn't get back to the moms group teaching prep, thinking I had all day tomorrow. Well, I don't. That's the bad thing about procrastinating; sometimes things come up and the time you thought you had is not available after all.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:53 pm

We have had lunch yummy soft taco with turkey meat & soup.
It was excellent and a nice change.

Watching u tubes of cops getting called by fake IRS scammers lol! To funny.

31* out side here now.
I have gotten quotes in my journal. Drew a pencil drawing of my chore boots. Hen chores are done now. Hens went in the coop willingly tonite.

I seamed up a lounging type outfit today. :mrgreen: when I was sewing the dog came in barked after she did a sit and but a scrap of fabric on the floor out of the trash an alert! She is catching on!
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:25 pm

I have gotten through a lot of paper today, including taking out paper to recycle and boxing up paper to take to shred. I also made copies of all of my dmom's insurance info (changed 1/1/17) so I have the info, then I'll give the cards to dbro on Thursday. I have searched all afternoon for a script that I need to have filled, was about to give up on it, and realized it could be in the car. Voila! There it was. :lol: And I did call dmom's home health care agency and give them the new insurance info.

So I'm feeling pretty accomplished and my energy is good. Making a li&t for tomorrow. Will go down the rabbit hole for a bit now....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:31 pm

Harriet, our anniversary is the 29th, so dh would like it done by then since he missed his deadline of Christmas. You are so right about floor tile being a puzzle. These are 6" x 24" and he already has the pattern figured out for the large area. Once he snapped the chalk line, it fell in place. It will look great when he is done. We have hit a cold spell and he needs to use the wet saw, so he will have to do it in his garage. My bathtub curves and he did a great job on the tiles around it. With him being a perfectionist, it may be taking a while but the end result will be great. I am repeating myself, imagine that!

Dd1 has already called to see if I have heard from dm yet. I don't look to hear from her for probably another hour.

I better try to get some of that Christmas stuff put away................

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:55 pm

Kathryn please check Ontario Blizzard Watch on FB. Major storm coming your way later in the week.

We had enough salt in our supper to de-ice our entire driveway!! UGH!! Dh says he doesn't want the leftovers tomorrow night.

Dh went and had something else done at the chiropractor tonight and he feels much better. He said he had a really good night's sleep last night.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:07 pm

Dm is finally at her destination. She said db2 was climbing the walls at his ex's place and ready to be home. Well duh, he has been alone so long and with his health issues, he has turned into a grumpy old man at the age of almost 58. Everything makes him nervous and he always seems to forget that.

I am just relieved that they are there and safe.

I am trying to put these decorations away and I can't seem to remember how some of the things went in to which boxes, etc. It's a puzzle that I am having a hard time solving.

There is a chance of snow Thursday and Friday. I guess I need to buy groceries first thing tomorrow, so that I don't have to get our clean vehicles out the next day or two.

Return to “Post When You Can”