Winter Wonderland Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Winter Wonderland Wednesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:04 am

At least for me.

Freezing rain all day yesterday, at least 4" of snow over night, freezing rain again now and another inch or two of snow expected today. My day's plans are in flux. But it sure is pretty!

What about today will make it a wonderland for you.

Don't forget to stop and find the wonder in the moments.

bittersweet

Re: Winter Wonderland Wednesday

Postby bittersweet » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:53 am

The winter wonderland here is courtesy of the two days of ice fog earlier in the week. Many trees, shrubs, and other things are covered in a fairy dusting of hoar frost that is just beautiful! I will definitely pass on the freezing rain, though.

Today is another payroll day for me. I slept in a bit, so only have time for a quick cup of coffee (NOTHING happens without a cup of coffee..LOL), give dSniffany her morning meds, get dressed, grab something for my lunch, and get out the door.

Will CUOP later!
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:58 am

Went to the hockey game last night and it was nearly midnight before we got home. Just as we were leaving the arena it started raining hard. DD drove as far as her school so we could pick up her car. Then I drove our car home from there. Ugh!!!! It started raining again pretty hard -had wipers on highest rate. I decided to come the back way to avoid all the traffic and lights from cars, etc in all the rain. Bad mistake! We were careful but found ourselves hydroplaning a lot. Warned dd not to go that way if it was raining. When we got back to the main east/west route 92 it hadn't rained at all. I was very thankful for that. Game went into overtime with 2 rounds of 4 on 4, then 3 on 3 and then shootout rounds that went on forever! I've never seen shootouts go so long. Ended up on the losing end.

My shoulder was hurting a lot through yesterday and the night. But all of a sudden this morning it seems so much better and I can actually move it without excruciating pain?????? I was on the verge of asking for prayer both here and our church. Hoping it stays 'better'. Have a feeling something was out of place.

Taking my time getting around this morning. Dh sees my need to have a 'down' day -meaning less activity, not a 'downer'.

Winter wonderland here might be rain, Kathryn. Temps are still in the 80's and uncomfortable. Know ds-A is hoping for some of that snow.

Meds now done so guess I can go get breakfast. BBL. (So nice to see you posting, Bittersweet.)
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:05 am

I am up 12* out now br-r gkids are still on winter break here. journal done. I did not go anywhere yesterday except out to feed & water hens and to clean & sew in the basement.

Harriet I do not understand why U cannot just order letterhead or print it out do they have to vote one it or something? :|

Dropped to 9* out hens chores done.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:15 am

Hi everyone!!

It's sunny and windy here. No snow. I was going to take the tree down today, but I need to go between the house and the garage numerous times with numerous bins. I don't really feel like doing that. I also have a kitchen to clean. My island is covered in books.

Serious case of Idonwannas today.

Supper is Italian buffet place. We haven't been is a while and we couldn't get a table the last time we were there. (It was December and they are popular.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:26 am

I'm suffering donwannas too.

Still at computer. Facebook is now inserting "People You May Know" every second or third post on my timeline. I have a tiny computer screen (and also use a tablet) so can barely see 1.5 posts before this visual disruption. There is no way of turning it off. I can 'hide posts like this' except 3 timeline posts later, there's another one, and another, and another.... I tried going through the suggestions and deleting all the ones that weren't of interest and adding family members. That just got me less useful suggestions but the 'feature' is still there. I also note what while I can add how I'm feeling to my FB post with pretty graphics, hating FB is not an option. How convenient.

Anyway, with so few family newsletters or newsy Christmas cards, I feel adding family to my FB 'friends' is the only way to keep in touch with people. The Christmas phone calls to dh's sisters revealed that we have 3 wedding to attend in the next 18 months. I did know of 2 of the engagements (but not dates) through FB and have added a link to someone who would have announced the 3rd.

I really hate FB so it puts me in a bad mood to have to use it more and more. Dd only communicates through there as to dgs photos, and then I download those and add them to our family photo files.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:31 am

I am up and about here and feeling productive. I've read the paper and began a.m. routine. This is errand day and I have a li&t going once I'm out of the house.

Right now:
-breakfast and meds
-make the bed
-start a lol
-clean up, brush teeth, get dressed
-finish refrigerator clean up, I went off on a tangent and started cleaning it
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:58 am

it's 10 degrees here with a 2 degree wind chill factor. I would love tons of snow! We have wonderful sunshine!

hi d twins so happy you feel productive

d kathryn sending you a day of Wanna do's - stay safe today with that icy weather

hi d cathy sending a can do it day

hi d nancy stay warm!

hi d dee i am glad you are safe after such bad driving conditions - hope your arm feels better

hi b is sweet the ice sounds beautiful on the trees but also dangerous ... please stay safe driving today

a good morning to all of you!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:09 am

Yesterday I went to the theater by myself. I saw Fantastic beasts and loved it- especially the the story, the light and the photography. Actually I really enjoy Redmayne as an actor but this didn't show his depth of his skills; I enjoyed it just the same. Lots of fun.

I am really impressed with hospice. My uncles partner, my aunt, went to hospice at the end of her life but the at home hospice is just as respectful. I love that it is about him and his comfort. He is back to being talkative and almost pain free. I am happy for him and it is a relief for me as they will have someone come in and take care of his bathing etc.

Today: going to uncles for a check in, pick up food for d mils helper, to store for some simple things for d mil, visit d mil, paper work and my laundry

have a wonderful day!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:42 am

Morning y'all...

I have tad bit of a headache, but nothing I can't handle, just will be slow for a while.

I am please to say I am not sore like I expected... loved the new gym and the instructor. He has an amazing story in his life and if I can figure a way to post it, I will. Totally inspiring.

Went down the rabbit hole and then call my mom with my findings. Remember S live with my moms grand parents and my mom lived with them off and on as well. This was during the depression time and my mom's parents were off working.

Anyway S lived with them from the time mom was 4-15. He was retired and had a good pension which helped the household. My mom said many times S would give my mom one dollar and then take her to the movies. She would by the tickets for them and the rest she got to spend on candy...she said she would buy the biggest Hershey's bar she could. You should have heard the joy and excitement in her voice even after 80+ Years.

Anyway my mom said during these years she was never told anything about her great uncle, only that his wife died and that is why he came to live with his sister, my mothers grandmother.

Turns out S had been married twice and had 6 :o children with his first wife and a stepson with his second. Until yesterday my mom knew none of this and was totally shocked. She told me during the time with her grand uncle and even after he died, no one ever uttered a words about his first marriage OR his six children. And the guy who contacted me is from one of those six children... so the mystery is not totally solved but I'm getting closer.

On my secon cup of coffee ... doggies fed, footprints gone and home is clean. Sweetie twisted his ankle on his walk last night. He is in some discomfort, but not much, but still I plan to keep close to home today. Enjoy your day where ever it may lead ... I'm headed for that rabbit hole.. perhaps I'll see Twins when I get there :D
D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Return to “Post When You Can”