Saturday Seasonal Situations

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Saturday Seasonal Situations

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:54 pm

I just finished crying in frustration. I am so very tired of feeling like cr*p. I keep trying to return to normal activity but I begin to feel weak & sick so I have to stop. Last night I only slept about 4 hours. I remind myself of a whiny 2 year old.

DBro called this morning giving a status update on his prep for our family gathering this evening. Heaters are in place and going. Tables are in place. We will both bring electrical extension cords with multiple plugins for the crockpots. I hope I can physically make it through this.

DS8 started his new med today. He has had 2 emotional breakdowns since taking it. I am not 100% sure they are coming from the meds but it is not normal behavior for him. Just a few hours into this med and I'm already considering stopping it.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:09 pm

(((((Lady M))))) for all your needs! ;)

Yes, Harriet, I've contacted our moderator/good friend a couple of times. She's the one who announced the need from the pulpit last Sunday. Think next year I will send letters in December to each board/committee of the need (and whys) to get reports to me early on. And it's been in writing every week since later Dec. Even if I decide to retire as Clerk this year, I'll still be responsible for the reports next January since it's really the report for 2017.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:30 pm

(((LadyM))) (((DS8)))

I need to start taking off the ornaments and boxing them but I sure am procrastinating. I do know that I am hibernating today. Although it is sunny, it is still cold.

Dh has started grouting the second half of the bathtub surround tiles. Poor guy, he feels like all this tiling is never ending.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:36 pm

LadyM, about ds8 you might start a journal for yourself of the meds and any possible side effects or unusual behavior noted. Would be a resource to consult to determine whether side effects were improving or no, and to record each med tried for ds8. I hope you feel better soon! This is concerning!

Dee, you can "throw them under the bus" and submit your report as of whatever date you decide to cut off, and let them face the consequences/embarrassment of not having done the responsible reporting. Our temple board secretary frequently does just that for the board meetings, then the offender has to do their own copying and distribution. You could add a note to your report that includes material submitted by the deadline [whatever date it is] and a notation of missing reports.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:51 pm

LadyM: are you sure he's just not reacting to all that is going on around him right now and it isn't the meds? If he at all has wind of DD leaving her current place and the possibility that dgd will arrive back, plus you being sick, plus multiple procedures with your dh, plus the fact that a close family friend died after a short illness just recently, plus the stress of a big family event (with everyone staring at his ticks) it sounds to me that crying jags are a perfectly reasonable response.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:54 pm

Kathryn's comments are right on point also - I'd include the info on family dynamics in the journal as well...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:06 pm

Dh is tiffed with me. He gets angry if I start talking while he's on the phone. I get that but I needed his attention. This is about NDF's phone number and there was talk about buying another phone when NFD had a perfectly good one to use. The phone situation was poorly set up in the beginning (part of not being prepared and thinking things through) and now there's a push to stop the phone being in this a committee member's name. Originally, it was to be for one month, it has been three and the fourth month starts on Monday or Tuesday. The monthly charge is way more than necessary so just changing the billing to NFD isn't a good plan but the phone number itself is gold - every group I dealt with has the number (schools, government, bank, settlement organizations...) So we need to port the number to a new company.

To port the number over is possible but not if rushed and the better company website is running really slowly today. I've ported my number to these people so know it should be possible but not in a rush. We have to be patient. This process should have started at the beginning of November, not now.

Anyway, they ran out of time for this afternoon so NFD was returned home and the process will start up later today.

I've finally finished my sermon and printed off the service. At least I hope the printer worked. It have become unreliable again.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:14 pm

Thanks for the feedback and encouragement!

I do keep a dated log of DS8 events relating to his collection of labels. I have it color coded so it can be visually scanned to pick out pertinent information. Dates are in red font, Tics are highlighted yellow, Medication is highlighted light blue. I know doctors don't want to stop and read a multiple page printout of detailed information so I have tried to keep it to a minimum.

Next up is processing 10 lb bag of potatoes into a pot of mashed potatoes.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:57 pm

I'm on a tidying binge now.

On my way downstairs to repair a bookshelf. Two shelf supports were missing, leaving the top shelf ready to fall down on the first person whose arm hit it while putting a book up. Suspicious me is wondering if it was booby-trapped since there is no sign of the two missing supports. I have extras up here so will take them down now.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:42 pm

Dee, you can "throw them under the bus" and submit your report as of whatever date you decide to cut off,
That's about where I am with my thinking, Twins. Tomorrow afternoon is my absolute final. But that puts me burning the midnight oil and I don't do that very well any more.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”