Slow Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Slow Sunday

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:53 pm

Lunch was done (DH brought hamburgers home with him).

The kitchen smoke alarm started going off for no reason. After fooling around with it a bit, I decided that I have lost confidence in it (it is an old one that was in the home when we moved here). I ordered 3 combination Smoke/Carbon Monoxide Alarms for the house. This is something that I should have done when we moved here.

Next up is preparing the daily lesson plans for this week.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:55 pm

blessed, please realize I have no idea whose photos those are! :) It's just the ad!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:16 pm

haha I thought it was from your dear family lol... well....... they are lovely though lol :lol:
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:21 pm

? my uncle received a letter to do taxes yesterday from an agency. I found his tax reports for the last 10 years... problem is that he pays money for this service (of course) but makes no payments to the government ever... He is on Social Security monthly , gets a small pension monthly, and under $21.00 insurance payment monthly ... I didn't think he had to do taxes at this point. Am I mistaken? Does anyone know.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:19 pm

Working backwards through the day.

On our way home from dd's after a great visit. Dh had a long conversation with dgs and had his complete focus. I was guttural growling at him and got repeated smiles and direct attention. We also had a lot of the stunned look and gazing at lights but still this is progress.

Church went well. Lunch was rushed but good.

Refugee Committee meeting ran very long but was important.

We were late to church but arrived during the opening hymn. It was communion so I was really glad we made it.

Left home very late but took the five minutes to pick up the cookware. I am looking forward to testing it out.

Almost home now so will post this.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:20 pm

Check in from here. I need to go take the chicken off the bone for our chicken soup for tonight and then get ready to go to a funeral this afternoon; need to be leaving in about an hour.

It's been an interesting morning here - we are again having an issue with our tankless hot water heater - when it was installed a small drain to take condensation outside was installed and in severe cold weather it freezes up, causing the hot water heater to cut off. And if we wanted to take a shower in iffy hot water, the pipes to our shower seem to be frozen. And this is in new construction! Understandably, dh has been raving and ranting. I washed my hair earlier in the kitchen sink after dh thawed the condensation drain and we both just sponged bathed.

I need to put on some make up and just get dressed for the funeral. First the soup.

Ah, this sat and sat until now. We've been to the funeral and I'm finishing up the soup. Then dh and I have to go to Jewish federation annual meeting.

Also, shower is working again!

Happy Birthday to Lynlee!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:38 pm

glad shower is working again d twins.

I have to go soon to pick up dd older and then a nice mexican dinner with her.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:04 pm

Well, Gagsters was closed, even though the website says it is open on Sundays. We went to a place called Buzzys instead. They had really good pizza and wings. We went to s place called Ollies after that and I bought 4 books for $14 USD. Interesting to go with other people.

Dishwasher is going. The cat has been fed. Last load of laundry is in the dryer. There are only 2 pots left to be washed. They are soaking now.

I can truly say that I had a productive weekend.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:43 pm

Thank you all for the birthday wishes. It really is a happy thing to wake up to.
I had calls from family and that was lovely.
Harriet - The first part of my birthday was new years day, and time with dsis celebrating Christmas, new year, and both our birthdays, so you are right, it is an extended season.
I managed to get a 35min 3k walk in late in the afternoon. I miss that and its good to do.

Waving from Monday 10.40am
boxed Tmeds, LOL on the line, readings and response , breakfast are done.
It will be hot and steamy here today.
30C indoors now.
I must attend to windows and fans.

Helper comes today. Things to do before she gets here, and busy while she is here.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:51 pm

Dinner is done. I still have to wash up all the new pots. They fit in the drawer if I move my ceramic frying pan to the rack, not a problem (for now.) We are down to just one frying pan that doesn't work on the induction range. I should probably move that one to the pot drawer and bury it under the new pots. We'll see.

Each of the new pots except for the sauce pan is bigger than the pot it is replacing. In some cases by a lot. The lids don't fit snugly upside down in the pots so have to be stored separately but the drawer is large enough.

The manual is dodgy. It doesn't say the dutch oven and casserole can go in the oven but I assume they can. It does say damage by the dishwasher isn't covered in the warranty and then goes on to say that it is dishwasher safe. Hmmmm. If I put salt in liquid before the liquid comes to a boil, that voids the warranty (I usually salt the water when boiling eggs.) And I can't preheat the pans empty, which I do now (several recipes I have tell me to do so.) Oh well, I can use cast iron or my existing fry pan for that.

I'm exhausted and just want to go to bed. Went to bed, lights out, at 9:45 last night. Not sure I'll last as long tonight.

Return to “Post When You Can”