getting into the routine of Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: getting into the routine of Monday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:45 pm

No routines yet. I'm still doing my 12 hours of housework at ds's and dd wanted a drive to the store today. She will be in my routine later, we just haven't figured out new routines yet.

Today was a success but I'm tired now and have a couple more things to do.

Started off with 1.5 miles on the treadmill because I haven't been getting in my steps for the past two weeks. The treadmill leads to my water intake going up so there is a double benefit.

Then I stripped and remade the bed and washed the sheets and a second load of laundry. There's a third lined up for tomorrow morning (awaiting my bra from today.)

Made myself an omelet in my new pan. Washed up all the dishes and prepped dinner for us (defrosted and coated the chicken so it was ready to pop in the oven when I gave dh the word.)

Accepted my delivery from the post-lady. Haven't had time to open it yet.

Headed of to dd's at noon and we loaded dgs into the car and headed off. First stop was local and he was awake so I sat in the back seat and was treated to lots of smiles and direct eye contact. Maybe he's just a slow maturer. I pulled out the phone to take a photo to show you but immediately he put on his stunned faced. Put away the phone and the smiles returned. Message received - interact with him and forget about the phone!

Next stop was for me and I got two duvet covers at deep discounted price. I'm pleased. The colour isn't great but doesn't matter, we put a blanket over the two of them so they are not seen. It was the quality I cared about. Had I known I was going to have success, I may not have washed the ones currently in use this morning! They are literally falling apart. I mended them at the end of November and already the material has started to tear in other places. I figure they've been used well over 1000 nights so I shouldn't begrudge them wearing out.

Next stop was the thrift store because they had 50% off today. Dd got 2 pairs of jeans, 3 sweaters for herself and 3 sleepers, a snowsuit and some shirts for dgs. All for $32. I paid $11 for a collapsing bin (ours was damaged over the holidays) and sweater that dd picked that was too large for her but just fits me. I tried on 7 pairs of jeans. No luck.

Next was Walmart for jeans. I'm wearing the ones I like from there today but no luck, they didn't have any in my size so I had to try another brand. I didn't bother to try them on.

By now it was 3:15 and we hadn't had lunch. Dd changed dgs while I was jean shopping and then we had chili while he was being fed. He and I had a cuddle (!) after. Dd managed to get photos of that. He's just started cuddling with her in the past week. I wonder if wearing him in the carrier has made the difference and he's decided he likes it.

I dropped her at home and hit rush hour traffic while crossing the city to ds. That took 45 minutes. I worked on his bathroom and picked up his laundry.

The first load of that is on final spin now and there is one more load. I also have an agenda to get out and then I'll be able to go to bed.

Tomorrow is another snowstorm. Ds is off tonight so we could work on his apartment in the morning but I have some things to pick up to help that along. I have IKEA returns to do as well.

Dinner is ready for tomorrow (leftovers from last night) and I have a meeting tomorrow night.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:23 pm

Agenda is sent. First load of laundry is finished and folded (and some put in boxes to demonstrate the organization of a KonMarie.) Second load is in the dryer.

I've unwrapped the first package with the duvet and it feels lovely and silky and the colour looks good at night. It claims it is blue but it looks grey to me.

I've unpacked the box from Amazon. My new backpack looks like it might work. It feels wonderful, and at first glance is the right size and has good pockets. I need to go through it more carefully in daylight. The other two items in the box were a tablet mount to the mic stand for dh and a touch lamp adapter for the new lamp by my desk. It looks like it is long enough to feed through the cable handling holes of my desk. (My 'antique' roll top desk was actually custom built for computers so has amazing cable handling.)

Now to head to bed.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:33 am

It looks like we have found our shade of navy. We will decide for sure in the morning. If it's a go, I will go buy some. Dh says he should be done tiling the floor tomorrow. Then he will have to wait at least 24 hours before anyone can walk on it. So Wednesday he plans to sand the 12 drawers outside since the high is to be 60 ish. Thursday will be in the 40's and then Friday through Sunday we are suppose to have snow or a mix, is now being talked about. I will just take snow. I can do without ice, for sure.

Dd1 told me that her dh is seriously considering being a travel nurse by himself. He wants her to stay here because of the dogs. He's been back at our hospital for 4 weeks and nothing has changed. Dd1 says that if he does decide to be a travel nurse, that she will need to work full-time so that she has insurance for her and the 2 kids. As it is, if you are a travel nurse, if you change companies, you change insurance and they have found out what a pain that is.

Guess it is getting late, so better head to bed.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:49 am

Maybe he's just a slow maturer.
I'll go with that, Kathryn. Just trusting that he's going to be okay. He's such a cutie and I'm so glad for you that you're experiencing grandparenting.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”