Tuesday Triumphs

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Tuesday Triumphs

Postby Harriet » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:04 pm

After a long phone call, I have agreed to add another line to the spreadsheet/report and re-print 40 copies. I told the elder who called that I wouldn't do it for most people, but he has listened to me on other issues when I needed him, so I told him I would. It's a request from him personally as he catches on that he's going to have to speak during the meeting. He has had phone calls (duh) that let him know people are alarmed at a 12 percent increase, and he's very respected, so people want to hear his thoughts.

I'm trying to decide whether I'll even tell HRH that our printer is about to be needed for another 40 tiny-font copies (legal) and I'll just be throwing away the ones I already did. Sigh. I know just how much he wants to hear it, with snow on the ground and the individual letters of giving yet to go. I hope our ink holds out. No one realizes how much HRH's constant help with computer, printer troubles/expense and spreadsheet tutoring have meant, but he doesn't want it discussed - now I'm thinking he doesn't want to know this, either!

I fear I learned a lot from what wasn't said during the call. No mention of some hopes I have for agenda for the coming meeting.

Also, in some news I hate, I have an earache. :( I never really "went into" the sickness that others around me had, neither did HRH or dd. But I've had sniffles. Took antihistamine. Thought I beat it back without much concern. Now this, out of the blue. Called dr and they called in an antibiotic. Sigh. Said if I wanted an appt it would be the 27th or I would need Urgent Care. Double sigh. Under many circumstances I resist antibiotics but this doesn't feel like one of those times.

Nurse wanted me to tell pain on a 1-10 scale. I told her, with childbirth at 10, my response wasn't going to be too impressive. She thought that was funny and said she would bear it in mind. I gave her a "4" because if I'm absolutely still, it doesn't hurt!

I have a "beaten path" from HRH and he made sure my car was scraped of snow, so will probably be going out to pharmacy and post office (to relieve them of the package they haven't been able to get to us). Sometime today I expect FedEx. Wish they might hurry. That would make the 3rd thing dd would benefit from having soon at school and with 3 reasons, lunch with her tomorrow sounds sensible rather than just an excuse to see her.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:38 pm

No snow yet (4 - 6" expected today) but dh just showed me the radar, it is on our doorstep. I should have gone out this morning. Sigh....

Am s2s but still wet hair.

The question is: am I feeling lucky?! I need to get jeans badly (just noticed I've worn through the inseam of my only comfortable pair.) Am wearing my next size up, which, depressingly, are quite comfortable right now.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:53 pm

Taking a break from schooling. We will start again after lunch. DS8 isn't focusing as well today as he did yesterday. I know the doctor is going to ask if the meds are working, but it is too soon to make a determination. That reminds me - I need to call and get DS8 an appt this week to get his blood pressure checked.

The free standing lamp that I use daily broke this morning (the on/off knob). DH went to hardware store and got parts to fix it. I am impressed with the repair and grateful to have the lamp working again.

Making cheese & mac from scratch. This is one of DS8 favorite dishes. No one here likes the boxed cheese & macaroni.

Not looking forward to the commitment of doing Weight Watchers. However, I need to do something.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

helia

Postby helia » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:58 pm

I'm peeking in. Payroll is done for the day, though I'm looking into the quiz I need to give one class next Tuesday. I want to have it together and in hand to give my sub on Thursday as he'll be reviewing the class for it. Though, he'll mainly review vocabulary with them -- via some fun games. :) It seems the curriculum doesn't include readings in their quizzes, so I'm wondering which sources are OK for me to use. We cycle through different books for each class.

4 workers are upstairs working in all the rooms up there, so I'm hanging out with dd18 and her friends. They just got pizza and are planning to watch something on the TV. I may have to go to a coffee shop this afternoon to work on the moms group teaching.

Dh has emailed the ingredients for paella. They're quite interesting, including 4 red peppers, 2 pounds shrimp deveined w/ shell, 1 lb. mussels, 1 lb. clams. The whole garlic bulb (yes, bulb not clove) would be an interesting ingredient if I hadn't already experienced dh regularly putting a full bulb of garlic into his dishes. I think I'll get the mussels and clams fresh from WF Th. afternoon.

About 4:30 yesterday afternoon, dfriend A texted asking when she could stop by to see us last night or tonight since she's leaving town tomorrow. She's not the best at giving advance notice. We opted for tonight and invited her for dinner, so a spontaneous social engagement has been added to my calendar. OTOH, dfriend KL cancelled her lunch with me this morning, so maybe my social quota evens out. Tonight will be OK if A doesn't stay and talk until 9:30 pm or later, which is a possibility. . . I still need to get my moms group teaching ship-shape. I need to email all the leaders (teachers, small group leaders, worship leaders, admin. people) a plan/copy of my hand out tonight.

Anyhow, I'm off to finish the groc. list and go to the groc. store and get chili going in the crock pot for a simple dinner tonight. After that, I might go retreat to a coffee shop somewhere to get some work done on my mom group teaching -- or maybe my bedroom will be quiet enough.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:03 pm

Home from walk - I'm at 6100 steps today, v only 2400 for all day yesterday. I haven't been wearing my fitbit consistently since ddog passed away.

The rug that I ordered for the foyer last week when foyer/porch was focus has arrived. It's so......brown. Not sure I like it but I am giving myself a chance to see if it grows on me.

I need to figure out a plan for the afternoon - perhaps 30 min genealogy and 30 min work. :D Will work at 1:30.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:09 pm

I did 2 rounds and have reclaimed the table yea! Qt x . It is barely starting to melt. I texted to one gal in the guild saying I would return after the Jan. Thaw happened. I reminded my self to keep moving it would be like walking indoors that was a great motivator.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:25 pm

I just cancelled my A-river Pri me. Today I looked to buy three things and all were more expensive online so I'll have to go out for them. I've bought a ton of stuff this past 2 weeks (I had accidentally signed up for the faster shipping) but I'm shopped out. The backpack is perfect. I'm thrilled with it and will use it on my upcoming trips. The tablet mount for the mic stand won't work if the tablet is in its case. So that may go back. I haven't installed the touch lamp switch and the battery tester is still on its way.

I need 1) jeans 2) runners, and 3) popcorn popper (2 failures trying to do it in the microwave today and I miss popcorn as a snack since my 20 year old one died). The snow has started so I guess I'll go out tomorrow. Which means I should start on housework. Dh is trying to finish a book before tomorrow so I'll do the bedroom first and he can then settle on the lounge chair in there while I work on the living room.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:55 pm

Good morning everyone! My triumph is threefold, but all similar items. Today, there was a meeting that I was not expected to go to, but got called in. It resulted in a report request. Done by 11:15! Yesterday, I got two requests, both completed within an hour. I am still working on the federal report. There is a demo Wednesday, but I am expecting to have it done long before that. I have also fielded a question about Cleo. Because the person was asking about the discount for older animals, I knew the medication price would put her out of consideration. However, it is nice to know she still gets website inquiries. At tomorrow's animal org meeting, if the chief troublemaker questions again, "When was the last time anyone showed interest in her?", I can reply "Yesterday!"

All my priority items got done yesterday: letter (most important), DPC, dance class, return stuff, groceries. It didn't leave much time for anything else though.

Tonight the priorities are: minor clarifications to the animal org minutes and notes, check a part of DD's schedule and email the guitar teacher accordingly, retirement fund fees research, order Sunday School book. It is also Girls' Night Out, but it will probably be IN doing homework.

I am relieved with lucylee that the pharmacist has declared the old meds ok.

Blessedw2 said "I did pick up (unfortunately CPK) which I now regret." What is CPK?

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:45 pm

S2s done yea!
Hens fed 6 eggs gathered none green so far thday.
Lunch x
Sketching std (still to do)
Some melting iz happening but roads are not clear plus I have wet hair and I am waiting for a sake at JoAnn's coupon to go into effect & will check out some markers after the 12th.

Watching Africa on net flicks for a bit.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:46 pm

I was able to get DS8 a appointment with his pediatrician this afternoon. It is 1.5 hours before dentist appt so there should be plenty of time to get from one appt to next. I need to print out the medical log I've been keeping of DS8 for pediatrician and dentist. This will be interesting how the dentist will deal with the tics while working on DS8 teeth.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”