Tuesday Triumphs

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Tuesday Triumphs

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:15 pm

Pat yourself on the back for your accomplishments and tell us what you're buckling down to acheive.
Got my reports all done and sent off to the secretary -all except, that is, the Treasurer's report. We've been calling/emailing back & forth about a few things. That's all ready to send as soon as I hear back from him about a date. He had written YTD Money Market Fund 2015 and I'm quite sure he meant 2016. But -interrupted by phone call from the very same. And of course he meant 2015 -nice catch Dee. :D Said he'd correct it on his report too.

So now I'm ready to send that report and I'm D O N E! TRIUMPH for me!

Went over to dbil/dsil's for a while after I finished emailing reports today. Ha-ha! Dsisil wasn't even there. Her niece and great nephew from PA are down and they were over at her deceased dsis' house cleaning out getting it ready to sell. So she won't be there most of the week I'm sure. But at least we were over.

Think I'll take a break now and read for a bit. Have dishes to do but I'll wait till later.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:16 pm

Slight burst of energy - got the bedrooms cleaned. Started a load of towels.

Dh is in the bedroom so I need to get going on the living room and office before it gets dark.

This is taking longer than it should due to lack of motivation.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:26 pm

I've not been alternating work and play. :oops: I got off on a tangent trying to get dmom's DNA test connected to me. So I now have some of my matches clearly identified as maternal. Some of the remainder may still be maternal, but they're not clearly identifiable as so. I had a devil of a time getting it to work, tho.

Since I've been presumably lollygagging about, I'm going to give myself some clearly defined tasks to do.
-start a lol
-finish folding and put away laundry I started earlier
-hang an antique plate that used to be in my dining room
-review dmom's bank account and credit card transactions and ck my bank account
-refill meds containers
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:29 pm

My triumph today is that my house looks a little better. Yay.

I have done a LOL and folded up one. I put away some more Christmas. Had been waiting till I go over to 2H to get the wreath and wreath hanger over there to put this batch away. Got tired of seeing this pile of stuff so I put it in smaller plastic and left another plastic out for the wreath.

Got the Christmas cards taken care of. I keep all the pictures, and a couple personal letters and I cut the cards up in tag-sized pieces, centering the pretty parts of the cards. They make beautiful package tags.

I got the last (I hope) of the 2016 papers filed. In cleaning off a space in the office to begin gathering last year's papers together, I started cleaning back here. I now have some of the bunnies corralled into their hutches and lots of papers moved, put away, organized. I don't know how everything gets so dirty as so much is always covered. There is still much to do but I am making progress and the parts I've done look great!

Big news here: in 7 days we are scheduled to have our closing on 2H. We heard from the law office gal and she sent an advance copy of closing report which I printed out and went over. I was able to figure out approximately how much we'd have left after we pay off this other mortgage. Our agent says we can go over and take all our stuff out of 2H (my house plants, any little bits of staging we left). They will have a last walk-through and I will go over 1 last time and water, and probably blow off the acorns (they are bad) and sweep and wipe one last time. It always amazes me with noone there how dust accumulates.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:10 pm

Whoo hooo! Harmony! Such good news about H2!

This time:
-bring in garbage can, take out kitchen garbage, bring in mail
-put away my things that need to go upstairs to bonus room
-wipe out refrigerator in the garage
-on front porch, pull up dead plants, sweep front porch
-replace light bulb in master bath
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:13 pm

Kathryn...

You don't need a popcorn popper.. you can make it in a bag in your micro wave. I do it all the time and its really good. Here's how I do it:

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/how-to ... ag-method/

Enjoy :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:40 pm

Rosie: that method worked once for me, the first time I tried it. The taste was a bit different but I figured I'd survive and would enjoy one less appliance. The second time fail. The third time I tried coating 1/2 cup of kernals with 1/2 tsp of oil. Worked. Today, tried the second method. Twice. Both time, big fail. At this point the failures outnumber the wins and I'm wasting popcorn (less than 1/3 are actually popping before it is more than 3 sec between pops or the scorching smell starts.)

My triumph is the apartment is all ready, vacuumed, mopped, tidied and dusted, for the meeting tonight.

The driving is awful apparently, the commute is taking hours for people. I hope the people from the other building can safely walk across to here. I'm glad I decided not to go out because the cleaning is done and I'm not out in the traffic struggling to get home in time for my meeting.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:06 pm

I have blown my hair dry, replaced the draw strings in one bags they did not work, and put some in another one that needed them. I got the hens fed got tne green egg, it is snowing and we have slush h has called twice to see if it is snowing here. I need to fold laundry still. Did a few of sketches. Fed ddog.

Roads all around us are closed do not know if stores will get restocked glad we have cans of soup & other supplies in the pantry.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:27 pm

Tuesday
dishes washed
womens meeting
walked - beach front and tourist strip. Oh - and found a car park. Brilliant
lunch - sat in full shade with beautiful beach view eating my sushi rolls. .
sunshine plaza - found 2 books by Thich Nhat Hanh. Bought The Miracles of Minfulness. I've wanted something of his for ages. also 2 padded packets to send gifts.
Petrol was not the 20c extra per L as is anticipated, so filled up, a necessary thing at any price.
Home. contraband was to eat a choc coated ice cream.
bin day. pulled all the ? legume with sticky seeds by my veranda. big tub, mostly full, of those. lots of legume left. just aiming for the seedy bits.
got rid of some long term veranda - might be handy one day but haven't been - things, and broken pegs etc.
My new question is - If I were moving, would I take it with me?

Wednesday -
bfst is eaten
washing is ready to go out.

things to do
midday outing planned
next area project?

May I seek to go somewhere cooler when the real heat strikes. (no a/c here)
Out in the Western inland, towns are catching 47C 116.6F
Commiserations to those snow bound.
Nature is doing its extreme thing.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:29 pm

Well... I was supposed to stay home today. Dh called and needed a ride to pick up his truck from the dealership. I got completely dressed and ready to go in less than 5 minutes. I was at his office in less than 10 minutes after his call. Decided to go grocery shopping after I dropped him off. The store was having one of it's popular sales, with prices either being 88 cents, or ending in an 8. I got a LOT of canned goods to stock up the pantry. Thankfully, with a storm coming, I already had eggs, milk and bread at home.

It has been pouring rain and very windy here. No snow expected, with temps staying above freezing. Great white north, huh?

We had fried chicken from a fast food GIANT, or Colonel... and I made fried rice with the left overs from last night. Just rice and broccoli. I added some garlic. MMM, mmm, good!!
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”