Tuesday Triumphs

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Ramblinrose

Re: Tuesday Triumphs

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:14 pm

Awww, sorry to hear that Kathryn cause it always works great for me :D

Maybe the power in my micro wave is different than yours.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:57 pm

My RA meeting is done. There's a whole new list of things to add to my to-do list.

Ten O'clock is striking so I'm heading off to bed.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:02 pm

Without fully CUOP... ...

So nice to hear from ellyphant over in The Decluttered Home.

Nancy, speaking of out of stock in wintry weather, :shock: you won't believe this...
At large store (Tarjay), only THREE, count 'em THREE notebooks (composition type - no spiral ones at all) in the entire office/school section of the store and thankfully those were college ruled, which dd requested. There were none in regular ruled for anyone in the grades. There was ONE (I kid you not) in first-grade-type spacing for printing, if anyone had needed that. Wow. I have never seen such NUDE shelves for office/school supplies and I guess it is because the new semester has fallen right at the time of a snowstorm that kept trucks from running. These I did find were funny looking, not a great price, and I can see why they were not favorites but at least they existed. Have never had this experience. Aisles of office supplies in disarray and very little there. I thought there were only 2 and then spied another under a mess.

Just now thinking to myself, have I ruined the next person's experience at the store by not leaving one college ruled notebook behind.. .. hmmm.. ..

I went out and got the prescription, notebooks, picked up the mail that has been undeliverable due to weather. A safe trip. Completely forgot HRH's prescription. Sigh. Will absolutely have to be picked up tomorrow.

Back home, I reprinted all the copies and did discuss with HRH who even helped me get the heading right on the large-print copies. All those folded and put into the folder for Sunday.

:?: By now, I feel better, and at this lower level of pain I might not have called a dr. Do I still take this 7-day course of antibiotic? How frightened are you guys of ear pain as a symptom? Is it your experience that they get better? Or is there not much chance of that without the antibiotic? I would feel better about a decision if I could be seen, but with our dr gone now, the remaining one has patients lined up. Of course I have waited until ddil is likely asleep.

Wait, no she wasn't. I emailed and she was up doing paperwork for the hospital. She says to decide by gauging my pain in the morning by the pain I had this morning when I was so impressed with it. If I really am on a trend to less pain there's no reason to assume it won't get better.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:52 pm

Harriet - I wouldn't take the antibody unless you are sure you are sick and your immunity system is overwhelmed. I'm like you in not wanting to take antibodies unless it is absolutely necessary.

My afternoon went okay but I have a couple concerns.
** DS8 appointment with pediatrician resulted in him doubling DS8 meds. He said the meds might be increased to six times the amount he is currently taking before reaching a maintenance level. The pediatrician told me the goal is to increase DS8 meds until he can return to school. That is not my goal! Returning DS8 to school is a side issue! I am disappointed that I didn't argue with the pediatrician. He started out almost apologetic in telling me he confirms the Tourettes diagnosis and then went full steam ahead laying out the plan to treat it. I told the pediatrician that I have researched Tourettes online and have read many articles about successfully treating Tourettes without meds and using Comprehensive Behavioral Intervention For Tics (CBIT) and other similar programs. As soon as I said that the pediatrician started shaking his head and said "NO. That does not work. Medicating is the treatment." After the doctor left the exam room, I talked to the nurse and asked her where the referral to Pediatric Neurologist was. The nurse said she would look into and let me know. I am so unhappy with our pediatrician. When I told DH about the conversations he was also very unhappy.

** DS8 dental appointment went okay with a few uncomfortable moments. When they did the panoramic xray I explained that DS8 has Tourettes and I wasn't sure he would be able to keep his head still for the xray (he was tic'ing like crazy throwing his head around) . She just looked at me like I was crazy and continued. DS8 was able to stand still and control the tics during the X-rays. He didn't have the best dental hygienist and I considered stopping his teeth cleaning. DS8 keep asking her to rinse his mouth but she kept telling him "just a little longer". I was torn at what point to unleash Momma Bear mode or just let DS8 deal with it. He wasn't being physically hurt so I stayed quiet about the lack of mouth rinsing. She kept insisting that DS8 get the fluoride treatment. I explained to her that he was claustrophobia and having all that foam crammed into his mouth wasn't a good idea. I asked for her to let him put the mouthpiece into his mouth to get used to it (without the foam). She didn't want to do it, but I insisted. After DS8 practiced the mouthpiece he was able to have the foam inserted into it and handled having his mouth stuffed full. Thankfully DS8 doesn't have any cavities so we are done with the dentist for another 6 months.

** My dentist appt resulted in no cavities but the dentist found a bruised area under my tongue. He has scheduled me to return in 2 weeks to see if it is a bruise or a lesion.

** Weight Watcher informational meeting was very well attended and went well....except we were not allowed to join tonight. We have to return next Tuesday night to join. Huh? The offer for 2 months free ends next Monday so anyone waiting to join next Tuesday isn't eligible. Doesn't make sense to me.

I'm off to bed. Sweet Dreams
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:39 am

I think I would have felt as you felt all day, LadyM. I don't really know much about this issue, but the doctor's response to you does sound surprisingly autocratic, and a little as though he hasn't gotten the memo yet about the information age. Keep researching.

Harmony, I'm so happy for you about the sale.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:43 am

LadyM, sounds like they are trying to get around the sale at WW. I found out when I used to go that the lady who led actually had 2 or 3 places where she held classes. I guess she got some sort of commission or something from everybody who came. Someone had mentioned there was another class close by starting up at a different time, and this leader shut her up, saying it wasn't one of hers. I'd insist they honor the sale.

About the dr. too, no doctor I ever went to agreed with me about ANY alternative treatment of anything. Ever. They have all wanted to push pills.

I have a great triumph today. I got the whole office cleaned except for one little rolley cabinet and 1 window and blind. The other window was extremely difficult to clean. I have modular office furniture here on all the walls, all attached to each other with a long island-type piece that comes out to the middle of the room. So getting any of the shelves and the big round-top window & blind over the middle is really hard. But it's all pretty well done now. I got all the papers stashed away too and the current bill receipt file cabinet purged of 2016. I pulled 2014 out of its storage to put in the more permanent storage in the garage.

I keep 2 years in here and the rest in trunks and bins out in the garage. I really do on occasion go out there to look for something if it's not on a spreadsheet in here. Wow! Really happy all this is done, and the cleaning too.

It's supposed to be warmer tomorrow. We will let the fire burn out by tomorrow morning.

Return to “Post When You Can”