Monday Meaning

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Monday Meaning

Postby Harriet » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:28 am

Find meaning in the day, in the new week, and in your hopes and dreams for self, family and greater community!

It's a holiday for U.S., Martin Luther King Day.

Harriet

Re: Monday Meaning

Postby Harriet » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:30 am

Have just come from J and C after posting a message there from Dee. We'll be joining her ddJ in the virtual waiting room today. Gee, is it just me or have we spent a lot of time there, lately? I'm so glad we can share.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:40 am

Yes, Harriet, we have spent a lot of time in waiting rooms lately! (As I have as well with RL friend/acquaintance concerns.)

In one sense this is a sign that:

1. We have lots of friends (good)
2. We have grown to the age where everything starts to cause concern (good/bad)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:45 am

d harriet thank you for posting about our sweet dee! It is very much appreciated.

good morning d harriet and d kathryn and all of you!!! have a wonderful day!

today:
after the ice disappears I go to uncles and then d mil

I did nothing yesterday. ;) I have had 2 days off this week (it felt so good)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:50 am

I'm up. Still need to s2s and eat breakfast. I'm only at tea & chocolate at the moment.

Bed is stripped and remade and the sheets are in the washer. It took forever to make because I have both a new bottom sheet (and it seems very tight for the water bed) and new duvet covers. Oh, and I had to think what I'd do for pillow cases (the old or cycle in the new?) My pillow cases never match my sheets because we have 5 pillow cases and 4 different styles of pillows, including definitely mine and definitely dh's. Therefore, I find it useful to use 2 of one style/shade and 2 of another, plus a cheap pillow case for the third pillow (that's the one that goes between my legs so ultra soft cotton isn't important.) It gives dh a fighting chance when he gets into bed. Sometimes, although mine are on my side of the bed, he used to grab them for himself (that's why 2 are the same, just in case he thought mine was better!)

The two shams that came with the new duvet covers have been used on my memory foam pillows (they don't live on the bed but are stored nearby for when a cold necessitates sleeping semi-upright, or when dd needed a solid pillow under dgs while nursing.) I found they triggered hot flashes in me. I should probably retry the anti-snoring one since 1) I don't have hot flashes very often any more either during the day or night and 2) my snoring woke me up this morning, even though I was already on my side and the room was well humidified. I moved them with us even though I seldom use them, only because I spent so much money on them, I didn't want to toss them.

Dh is watching a new tv series while on the exercise bike. It is laugh out loud funny and so I'm finding it really distracting. I could hear him in the bedroom despite all the walls between us.

Harriet: thanks for sharing the tractor tire story last night! I'm glad you found time to write it up to share with us.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:00 am

todays goals besides visits: uncle, d mil, d friend

dejunking goal:
10 things in front hall - put away dance
5 things in each bathroom put away (focus of week on d Harriet's thread) do one thing cleaning wise in bathrooms (small)
order medical records of new doctors
uncles checking and our checking continued
add up what was spent so for this month
bedroom - one load of laundry put away dance
early dinner prep
store uncle dmil
1 load laundry . dd youngers sailing gear - hang up to line dry in house
whites as well
1 cleaning in laundry room as it is monday
Insurance work

me time:
read
scanner

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:49 am

I am sitting her at the computer trying to get myself moving! I'm back to the sloooooow Monday morning tradition. We had a fairly busy weekend for us. Saturday to Costco and then in the evening to an event at the JCC (boooring!) and then yesterday we went to ATL to IKEA, and I visited with dfriend down the street for a glass of wine last night. They are leaving on a trip to K ey W est today.

I didn't do what I was supposed to do this weekend - didn't call dbro's son. I will do that this evening. Two of the things i have on list for this week are out for today - the downtown library is closed and the social security office is closed. I think I will take my car to have it looked at this afternoon and do things around here otherwise.

I am leaving on Sunday for Salt Lake C ity to be gone almost a week. I think I will make a shuttle reservation instead of driving to ATL airport and back.

Right now:
-breakfast/meds
-empty dishwasher
-kitchen counters cleaned up
-take out kitchen trash
-clear kitchen table (IKEA stuff)
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:23 pm

hi d twins!

heading out soon... ice needs to break first.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:33 pm

** up early. Good start.
** Two little ones are busy this morning. and hungry! I have already feed them 3 times.
** Setting up DMom her first email account and FB page. Not sure this is a good idea, but others in the family think so. Why do they come to me to get it done?
** Dh is at an appointment to get his stitches out. This should finish up the multiple skin cancer surgeries. hopefully. DH just called because he can't find the doctor office. He has been driving round and round hunting for it. It is in a town we don't frequent very often so he isn't familiar with it.....and obviously he didn't pay attention all the times I drove us there. :)
** No homeschool today.
** DD will come get DGD5 before her bedtime tonight.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:37 pm

really? I don't know whether to laugh or what.

DGD5 just came running up to me and said "Nana, I'm hungry" I said you have already eaten this morning. She said: "I used the bathroom and now my body has more room in it. I'm really hungry"

Sometimes I have to take my Mom hat off and wear my Nana hat. I gave DGD5 a snack size pudding cup and DS8 a snack pack of mixed nuts. Now they have eaten FOUR times before lunch.

I getting things done for others, I just realized I didn't eat today. I'm enjoying a cup of leftover homemade soup
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”