mercredi - Wednesday- Woensdag-Dé Céadaoin -

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: mercredi - Wednesday- Woensdag-Dé Céadaoin -

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:23 pm

CI we had rain making snowy roads turn to ice nothing is open roads closed schools delayed or closed collages, pass both ways, grade , local roads closed etc. ... I am back inside from doing chicken chores, the chicken run door was hard to open swollen from moisture. The pineapple express has arrived. No ice on trees we have power and no limbs down yea! H took the jeep to work today. We still have snow on the ground flood warnings up for low areas we are on the top of w more snow this weekend expected :roll: .Yep it is still winter. Tree is stil up will be till snow is gone.

Sheets are back on the bed. X
S2s x
Journal x
Peek in planner x
did more hen choeres.
Did a short walk w ddog.
Finished ex. On stationary bike.

Watch knitting show & drink coffee. X
More laundry going now. X
Work on desk and my creativity room. Some done.
Draw got coloring book out. X

The roads are finally melting in front of our house and it is slush, I finally got the patio scaped off.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:55 pm

Icy here. Dh pulled a leg but remained upright when he stepped onto the driveway. He said it just looked wet, not icy. He was on his way to the bookmobile. Returned the books for our brain cancer neighbour and picked up one on hold for himself. The librarian couldn't tell him (without her card as authorization) if she has any other books out but under his breath he mumbled something, one, something about a heart. I left a note with the neighbour saddled with her care.

I'm settling in to write for a bit. Music on, diet coke nearby. still have to have some lunch, though. Once I started eating today I couldn't stop. Am hoping things will settle down soon since munchies are not good to have when one is trying to lose weight.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:32 pm

Blessed - I love the international start today!

Four hours of school completed with good focus 90% of the time. DS8 has an official diagnosis of ODD (Oppositional Defiant Disorder) which is worse on some days.....and today is one of those days. Thankfully DS8 is a people pleasure and a rule follower. Giving him a mark on the attitude chart is enough to get his attention Today he has more marks on the wrong side of the attitude chart than on the good side of the chart.

Last night DS8 went with me to WW meeting. There were about 50 people in attendance. We sat on the back row in the corner so DS8 was not in the "limelight". During the meeting, DS8 asked me to take him home. I told him No because he wanted to come and the meeting only lasted 30 minutes. After we got out of the meeting, DS8 told me he wanted to leave because he was embarrassed that he could not control his head tics. I don't know if anyone noticed. If they did, they were polite and ignored it.

I am so very hopeful! I found a mobile groomer that will travel to our home! I have a complete grooming scheduled for Buddy (dog) next Monday afternoon. Buddy is an AWESOME dog, but he does not travel well (to say the least) and he refuses to go inside a building. When I took him to vet we couldn't get him inside the building to get shots. The vet came outside and gave Buddy the shots. Over the years, Buddy has softened his "no buildings rule" and will come inside our home now. Hopefully, I will be able to get Buddy into the groomer's trailer.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:16 pm

Good afternoon everyone! A very late check in for me. I have been in two meetings in preparation for the demo today. Of course, they resulted in 'homework' for me. Report modifications, including the very highest priority one, and a new report are now up and available for the demo. At one meeting, I was able to point out an easy solution to a coworker. Users had been requesting something that was not standard inventory practice and that would wreak havok with the consistency of the database he built for them. (This is the database behind my reports). I was able to truthfully point out that he could tell the users it was already done. While the method they requested was not good, he can get the data they want without making a single database modification! Because I know what they want, all the reports will be exactly what they want, minus the havok. He called me brilliant.

Last night, once again, Girls' Night Out was Girls' Night In with homework. Of course, DD14 wanted Chinese and seemed to be ready to throw a fit, until I reminded her I had steak and rice. Instant happiness. I didn't do much after that except update Quicken. It was ugly.

Today I have to leave at 330 for a double cat vet trip. I need to order my Bible study book, check emails (mostly caught up already), answer two voice mails, and send a reimbursement request to the animal org for the emergency room trip. There are probably some other things I have to do as well, there always are.

I should eat lunch now.
What the heck does our title mean???

Lucylee: I have never spent more than $25 on a purse, and was completely shocked when a friend spent $100. Surely there is something else that would work!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:39 pm

Mercredi is Wednesday in French. I know that for sure, because I started taking French in school in grade 3. (clearing throat) Let's just say that was a long time ago. I think The Beatles were making their North American debut around that time.

Hi!

I have done nothing but stitch and play games on the computer all day. I woke up crying and cried for a while after I woke up. I wrote in my journal, which I have had since before Christmas. Got some things out and on to paper, which might not always be a good thing, but sometimes I think writing it somewhere is better than saying it to whomever the person is that you want to say it to.

I also had a horrid night's sleep due to graphic dreams.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:49 pm

Well, blessed, you have increased my vocabulary for the day!

It is not a beautiful spring day here, but it was warm enough to walk outdoors, and I did -- 2 miles. It was 56 degrees & cloudy, but enough sun coming through that I got pretty warm before I finished my walk. (((HUGS))) for Nancy and the rest of you dealing with winter weather.
Weight is so frustrating, b/c I walked 2 miles Monday, and then vacuumed so diligently yesterday, enough up/down motion that I felt it surely counted as exercise, and then my weight is BACK up today. Plus, dh and I have cut back on movie popcorn and desserts since his hospital stay. It's just very frustrating.

OTOH, I do feel somewhat energized and hopeful re: my 2017 Re-set. ;) Day Three here, and I am D2S, have walked, done Bible, breakfast & vitamins, and s/s baths. If you saw my post last night, or looked over into the Cleaning Focus thread, I am trying once again to stay on track with my WHB & zones, and I've done approx an hour in the master bath & bedroom so far this week. Today, it's focus vacuuming in the den, and then I'll feel I'm "caught up" for Round One. (I know F lylady says you're never behind, just jump in where you are, but if I did that, I'd probably do the first two weeks of every round and then give up.)
I'm also trying to make notes of what needs doing, what gets left "undone" in each "zone" as I go, sorta like P&P recommend in the Happiness File, only they say do the whole house at once. I'm making notes of the things that would require dh's cooperation, the things that require $$, AND the things that I have NO EXCUSE but to Just Do It. I'm hoping this will direct my thinking a little more as I go into Round Two, and -- as I was saying yesterday -- even though I doubt one ever reaches the point of saying, "All done: Perfection has been achieved," at least I'll know what to do next as time allows.
Today also, I am washing ALL master bedroom bedding. Dust ruffle, mattress pad, bedspread and all in between. Told ddil my plan is to do this every 6 months, along with "focus" vacuuming one room each week. DDIL says I am on over-achiever, LOL. :lol: (I'm trying to subconciously inspire her & ds -- but she says this week, since she has been working each day, ds has allowed dgs to just create chaos throughout their house. She and I agreed that ds has got to figure out some kind of "system" to keep things under control while she is gone so much. OTOH, ds has his own adjustments to make being Mr. Mom now for approx 40 hours a week, so I'll try to cut him some slack, too.)

I hope things are improving with your dmil, blessed, and dd, and I hope you feel better soon, Cathy! Sending lots of good wishes for your trip, too!

Good for you, Twins, on sending the resignation. Hope you have a good trip, too.

Harriet, I totally understand what you are saying about the property line. That is similar to the situation here. Even though these neighbors are not family in any way, they are long-time friends, and the land in question is totally useless to us. So I guess dh feels that anything he can get out of it is to our good and saves us some bit of taxes.

Long ago her home was a stop for the stage Coach that ran from rural city to city and if you looked closely at her front yard, you could see it still had ruts in it from the coaches wheels.

That is so neat, Rose! Wow. I love it when people know the history of their homes.

I am so sorry about your dfriend, Kathryn. This is just so sad.

(((HUGS))) for LadyM and (((DS))) -- I always feel so sad for him, worrying about his tics and trying so hard to deal with it. He seems sooo mature and intelligent, and it's obvious he's trying to do the right thing. The attitude chart is an excellent idea!

Our dgs... oh my... he is just sooo LOUD. I wonder if he will settle down a bit when he gets into kindergarten next year. He does not appear to have hearing problems at all, but he just gets sooo excited about things and starts talking louder and louder. Last night we ate at local steakhouse and I threatened to take him out and spank him if he didn't stop shouting everything. DS reminds him often about "inside voices" but he has a real problem with this.
And it's the common problem of when you want him to speak, he goes shy and mumbles... and when you don't want him to speak, he screams out whatever comes into his mind. "I brushed my teeth before school this morning!" at random, just as ds was starting to sing at the nursing home.
* shaking my head *

Elizabeth, thanks for the input. Spending over $100 for a purse seems a little excessive to me, also. That's why I keep carrying my old, stained one, which -- except for stains -- is working very well (and is VERY similar to the D&B one in question, except mine has a zipper closure and the D&B one has flap that latches across the top. It may have the zipper also.)

:?: What's an easy way to clean a leather purse? It is tan leather, and the stains are probably from cokes/etc being spilled on it. Cleaners here don't do leather.

(((Cathy))) Hope your day improves steadily! (((BIG HUGS)))

Okay... been sitting here at this computer over an hour. Definitely NOT part of my productivity plans for the 2017 Re-set. MUST get busy.
DDIL is picking me up for church at 5:45. (DS, DH, and DBIL are gone to college town for basketball game.) So, I've got about two hours available to me before I have to s2s. Let's see what I can get done...
Tomorrow is another day.

helia

Postby helia » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:17 pm

Yes, Wednesday in 4 languages. I didn't know the 4th language and had to look it up (Irish, apparently) -- but I did know mercredi and woensdag, which is Wednesday in Dutch. Thank you for that nod to our bi-cultural family, blessed! :) I know your family is French.
((CathyS)) Yes, sometimes writing something out is better. maybe you'll eventually rip out that page. Or not.
Stay safe RRose and I hope the wedding is not derailed by that big storm.
You stay safe and warm too, nancy.
Dfriend S gave me a Fossil purse for my bday last year. I believe it was fairly expensive. I like it a lot, and it seems to be holding up very well. I need to polish it more often.
Happy that the Harmonies closed on their 2H!
Hello to everyone!!

We're having an unusually warm and snow-less month. Maybe our winter weather has moved west? It sounds like Vegas is colder than we are. Our highs are forecast to be in the 40s through next Wednesday. It might get into the 50s on Saturday. We usually have highs in the teens for about 2 -3 weeks right about now. No snow in our forecast since we're not going to be below freezing until next week Thursday. We do have a fair bit of rain expected. It is gray gray gray here. Very uninspiring. I suppose those with SAD here are struggling.

I got home from work at 2:15 -ish, and haven't done much since other than eat lunch. I need to get going again soon. Before I went to work this morning, I did:
- finish editing essays
- make a couple handouts for class
- fold and put away 1 lol
- unload the dw

Goals for today:
x 1. Payroll stuff for class today
2. Payroll stuff for class tomorrow (grade a quiz, tweak a summary project handout)
3. Go for a jog
4. Progress on NY cards
5. Get caught up on laundry -- just need to fold and put away 1 lol and entirely process a load of towels

Next:
- switch laundry
- make the bed
- change clothes and go for a jog.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:22 pm

I am home again but haven't gotten groceries put away yet. I went to SS office to change address for mother, and DRAT! they are closed on Wednesday afternoons. :shock: So I wiled away some time in Target, then got groceries and am home. I also, via phone call have set up a vet appt for dmom's dogs on Friday a.m. and I emailed the info to them.

I've been feeling anxious about having to take my laptop and schlep it through the airports - I know this course has homework - but I realized that perhaps I can use my iPad. Realized that I have Microsoft Word on iPad - I must have paid for it at some point but haven't ever used it. So I tried it, it works and I can save documents to Dropbox (altho Microsoft would prefer OneDrive.) So perhaps I've solved that dilemma.

It's so nice and quiet here today; dd is out to teach Hebrew this afternoon. I did get nice phone call from current temple prez - he wants to delay any announcement of my resignation because they will be making an announcement on the new rabbi soon and he doesn't want anyone to wonder if somehow I oppose the selection. Which is ok. I told him I wouldn't be at the board meeting tonight.

I need to get off my bottom.
-put away groceries
-hang up delicates from washer
-get rid of 10 pieces of paper
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:43 pm

Taking a break for turkey & cheese. Sometimes when I start getting hot & sweaty, I have a low blood sugar spell. I'm trying to stay away from sugar in the mornings, and for my mid-day snack, I'm eating turkey & cheese w/a few Triscuits. I had a banana & pb crackers for breakfast, as usual, which is probably actually pretty high in carbs, but at least not straight sugar.

CI:
dust ruffle and mattress pad are back on the bed
sheets in the dryer
cotton blanket in the washer
quilt 1 and quilt 2 (bedspread) waiting on washer
vacuumed mattress and behind/used Swiffer back there too
all carpet/rugs in public areas of house are vacuumed
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:55 pm

I'm annoyed the SS office was closed, Twins. You consciously decided to go today since you thought it would busy yesterday. Why bother being logical if it works out like this?

I'm not making much progress. Pulled together the service outline and have highlighted the four things I have to write (aside from the sermon.) Tried to clear my mind to come up with the easy prayers - no luck. I have plenty of ideas but none fit this liturgy's tone. I'm always really aware of liturgy since that is MF's specialty. One of his many degrees is in it.

Got a banking resolution letter prepared and designed a new letterhead for the Residents' Association.

Still have to write the letter to all residents. The problem is it has to be one piece of paper, single sided. So that's a challenge to me.

I spent 30 minutes on the treadmill.

I should start cooking dinner soon.

Return to “Post When You Can”