Three this Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Three this Thursday

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:57 pm

Home. finally.

After 3 hours of DS8 skating, we went clothes shopping. It happened. We had to go to the men's department to find shirts to fit DS8. :shock: He can still wear boy sized pants, but next time his pants will be men size too.

I want to relax a bit before going to bed but I really need to get to sleep. We have to be out of the house by 7:30 am tomorrow for DS8 counselor appt. After that appt, I'll take DS8 boot shopping. Can't stay in town too long because we still have school work to finish this week.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:14 am

I thought I posted yesterday but couldn't find one, so I must have just posted in my head and not here.

Yesterday I finished painting the inside of the cubbies. I did such a great job that dh says I am "hired" to help paint the 12 cubbie doors, the vanity has 12 drawers and 2 double door openings. Then there is the window trim, door trim, door, baseboard, bead board, chair rail, the front and side of the cubbies. Not to mention the walls need a second coat and the front of the vanity needs another coat. Lots of painting that I will need to do or help with or he will never get this done. He started demo'ing the bathroom last March 14, so I finally told him that is our ultimate deadline, it has to be done by then if at all possible. The reason the walls still need a 2nd coat, is that we decided to wait until the vanity top was in place, so we could make sure the color was right. The 2 guys came over tonight and within 10 minutes they had it in place. I love it and it looks great with the navy paint on the front of the vanity. The vanity top is a greige-ish color with specks of different shades of gray, some even look close to navy. Greige is a relatively new color of gray and beige, since gray has become such an "in" color. The wall color looks great with the vanity top, which is great because I had bought 2 gallons of paint and have used less than one. We are replacing the plumbing that attaches to the faucet plus the shut off valves and hoses for the shower, toilet and both sinks. Everything in that room will be new except for the vanity and cubbies, plus 3 light fixtures that are newer and I can't find anything I like better. We are only doing this once.

The 2 guys that came over, dh is closer to one because the other came after dh retired. The one dh is closest to asked him who did the knockdown texture on the walls and dh told him that he has done everything. The guy was really impressed. The thing is dh is a perfectionist and does a great job, just slower than someone younger or who does this for a living. If it is not right, he does it again. Tonight he noticed a run on the painted side of the cubbies that he hadn't noticed. It was from when he sprayed the primer and it was such a mess, that he sanded it all off and then we painted the primer. Anyway he says he is going to sand it, reprime and paint it. The do-overs are what has slowed us down. But it will be as close to perfect as possible when he is done.

Just for grins, tonight I measured the cubbies. They are 13" wide, 16" deep and 17" high. At least the paint will have plenty of time to cure before I put down gray, gripper/textured shelf paper.

Poor dh, he only thought he was done tiling. Of course, the wall is not plumb and there is a gap on the sides between the wall and the cubbie wall, plus along the 8 ft back of the vanity top. If that were the case we had already decided he would need to put up 3 rows of tiles on both side and the back wall. Today db1 who is a contractor called and we were talking about the bathroom. He said he tiles around the vanity tops and thinks it looks great. Once the vanity top was in place, we knew we had to go ahead and tile and we were both glad to know that d1, who does this for a living, also does it this way.

I had not been off the place since last Friday, until we took the motorhome back to it's rented space, this afternoon. Then tonight we met dh's friend who helped and his dd at R ib C rib. Tomorrow I have a list of errands a mile long plus grocery shopping. At least the laundry is caught up and the house is clean and looks so nice. I need to stay on top of the house and laundry, in between painting. At least, the painting doesn't all have to be done at once.

Guess I better head to bed soon.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:55 am

That was definitely a bad pun/joke from HRH and painful to Kathryn - sorry! We may both be a little punchy.

Late to bed but I'm finished.

Tomorrow I'll go ahead on a trip to the P.O. and get stamps, mail the first batch. Have also done mid-month bills and have those to go. Need to find something to carry the rest of the letters in. I think I used a shoebox last year.

Lilac, that's cool that you two are so pleased with how it's coming along.

Return to “Post When You Can”