Friday Five

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Friday Five

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:46 am

Lynlee was counting off her Friday Five in yesterday's PWYC so we'll go with that, since she's way ahead of us. :lol:

What are the five things you need to accomplish today?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Friday Five

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:25 am

Busy day here.

-11 a.m. - vet at mother's for ddogs
-afterward - funeral home to prepay dmom's funeral
-bake challah for shabbat dinner with friends tonight and buy dessert
-pick up picture at Michaels (had to have glass replaced, it fell off the wall earlier this week after I rehung it)
-get house ready for dcleaning lady
-plus one = bank to deposit check in my account

And all the usual routines plus whatever I need to do to get ready to go away tomorrow.

Right now:
-s2s before dcleaning lady gets here
-get house straightened up for her
-breakfast
-meds
-start a load of delicates/bras to hang dry
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:32 am

waving while its still Friday.
If I go to bed before 12 that will be a surprise.
few things to do.

check washing
dishes
water
bath
teeth
lights out

is a plan
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:40 am

Thinking of our DDee this morning. She might be in surgery right now. ((((Dee)))

Breakfast made & served. Got to get out the door. *POOF*
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:09 am

Hi dear ones!!!

heading out soon... d mil, d uncle (more often now :D ), stop by d sil, bring coffee to d friend, home - keeping fingers crossed. I slept all day bc of headache but feel peachy keen today.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:24 am

My five
1. Made coffee sm. Coffee maker Drink coffee, journal. Dinber plan.
2. Fed hens
3. Eat breakfast done to here.
4. Spin wool & Watch parade
5. Pay roll

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:17 pm

Peachy keen is a great way to feel, blessed!

HRH was out the door early.

I'm ready for my P.O. run.

1. P.O.for stamps and mailing
2. bank for deposit (us)
3. figure out a container for envelopes
4. file and print music
5. declutter and Focus

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:23 pm

More compromising......... Dh decided that even with tile, there would still be too much of a gap at one end of the vanity top. So his solution was to ship lap the wall above the vanity top and the wall to the right of it. I could agree to that but he wanted to go horizontal and then the bead board would be vertical lines. To me that is way too busy. Since he hasn't been able to find the quality of beadboard that he wants, he hasn't bought any. So my suggestion was to ship lap behind the vanity and then ship lap the rest of the walls to the chair rail height that we had planned. So that is what we are doing but of course it lengthens the amount of time it will take to get this done while he is ship lapping the walls. At this point, I'm not sure we will be done by March 14, as I had hoped.

Guess I had better hit the shower.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:10 pm

I was up and ready by 8:30 to help my neighbour. So item one is done.

Brought home a full bag of groceries from the fridge of the apartment we are clearing out. We tossed out 5 bags of items, just because my neighbour didn't want anything and I took what I knew I'd use, including 3 sealed containers of Almond milk for dd.

I still have four more to do. To dd's disappointment, visiting her is not one of the things but my service and sermon aren't done. So my 4 items:

1. sermon
2. service
3. start delivery of residents' letter (642 apartments to deliver to, 300 in my building alone.)
4. process mail

I also need to get my cleaning done. The apartment is dirty and dragging me down.

I need to do tidying before I can do the cleaning.

I need to do a ton of other paperwork items. Sigh....

Listening to the inaugural address now. Sounds more like a campaign speech to me but then, I've never listened to a full one before, just sound bites so have nothing to compare it to .

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:24 pm

Posting without reading first...

We got our paperwork urgent tasks done and emailed off. We are watching the doings in Washington today. I have a relative and a friend up there.

Hoping to find a dr. in ortho. office there to do xray. I put it in J&C, but DH needs his knee looked at. Hobbling around on crutches now.

At least an hour later...adding to my post because no one has been here. Everybody must be really busy doing their 5.

I doubt I'll get to 5 today. Can I count one getting DH into bed and settled? He moved from recliner to bed. I'd brought his lunch and phone, etc. then moved everything to the bedroom.

Paperwork this morning was extensive, we worked on spreadsheet of numbers and a proposal which I scanned and emailed off after multiple changes and tweaks. That oughta count for a couple too.

Few more today: fold up yesterday's laundry; dinner have a plan; sort mail and do anything there when it comes. Taking a little easier today, it's gonna be a trying weekend I'm sure.

As for the speech being more like a campaign speech, Kathryn, you might be right, but DT isn't as "Presidential" as others have been, so I think it was just more like HIM. I thought the music they played beforehand was a bit 'jolly', more circus-like and not so "Presidential" either. This is going to be an interesting 4 years. At least everything stayed safe and that was my concern.

Return to “Post When You Can”