Saturday sharing

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Saturday sharing

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:29 am

A place to share your Saturday thoughts and adventures.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Re: Saturday sharing

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:38 am

Good morning!

I had a much needed restful night sleep. I went to bed totally exhausted and woke up ready to go again.

The sun isn't up yet, but DS8 & DGD5 are going strong. They play well together 99% of the time which makes it easy on me. There are those random moments.....like the 30-second flare they just had. I just have to verbally interrupt them and then they will usually self-correct.

Today is a rare blank calendar square. Not sure what I will get into besides the normal meal prep & child care.
1. Know what you want.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:44 am

SHEM - You are in charge of how you feel.
Not sure I totally agree with this...

Breakfast made/served = Biscuits & omelets

Guided DKids through step #1 of making chocolate covered bananas. They are in the freezer now. (the bananas....not the kids. :))

Completed next weeks lesson plans for 12 of the 20 subjects.
1. Know what you want.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:58 am

From last night: As long as we are listing the things we want from Melania - I want the dress, the figure to carry it off (or any of the white outfits without looking like a snowman), the updo, no glasses to ruin the look of the updo and cheekbones. I want her cheekbones.

Let's face it, I'll never pull off her look, I'm more a Hillary look-alike (extra chins, bags under the eyes and no cheekbones - but a bright smile that makes the rest not matter.)

I'm up. Finished the sermon. I feel drawn to delivering this without notes which would be no problem if I had finished this on Tuesday or Wednesday. Not sure I can pull it off since it was just finished but have started work on my speaking points and will give it a few tries. Will print off my service in both forms and see what happens. After all, I have the time in the car to practice in my head and can go for a walk once up there to keep practicing if I think I have a shot. I find I learn better while in motion, much like LadyM's ds8.

I have to get moving, still in my dressing gown, still have tons to do and am still hoping to leave by 2 at the latest. That will get us to the B&B for 4. Thick fog at present. And frozen precipitation in the forecast. Our route is along a killer highway so we'll leave lots of extra time.

helia

Postby helia » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:17 am

I had a good sleep too last night, LadyM. It's amazing what enough sleep will do for one.
You do have a bright smile, Kathryn! I don't recall extra chins or bags under your eyes when I met you.

I was Miss Crankypants last night because I was tired after a week of getting up early most mornings to do payroll things. Plus, I'd had a busy week with payroll every morning and a meeting or get together or something every afternoon. Last night was my only night this week to relax b/c of evening events and/or a need to work on payroll, so when dh told me he and ds were moving furniture and boxes out of the pod and asked me to vacuum some areas of the house in preparation, Miss Crankypants appeared. He hadn't told me he and ds were spending the evening moving items out of the pod until an hour beforehand. And he asked me to do the vacuuming 30 seconds before he wanted it done. argh!! It did work out; after I did the vacuuming, I was not pressed into any other pod-emptying service. Which was good, b/c I was soon falling asleep over my laptop. . . .Not a particularly relaxing evening, though.

Also, dh and I decided to go ahead and host small group even though our house is still under construction. And, to make matters more interesting, it looks like the parents of the young kids in the group have not found a babysitter. This is a bit of a frustration for dh and me; the parents wait until the last minute to look for a babysitter, and they often have trouble finding one and periodically they don't find one. With the number and ages of kids in this group (twelve kids ages 1 - 11; ten of them are ages 3 - 9), a sitter is essential if any serious studying or sharing is to happen. Anyhow, we've asked them to monitor their children more carefully than usual tonight. There is a neat stack of tiles and work materials in the living room; the computer room is full of the workers' materials, as is the animal closet -- which now has a door on it so we can close it, thank goodness. The animal closet has the paint in it.

It is 43* right now and forecast to get up to 57*. I will do my jog this afternoon without a coat or a hat. That will be different!

Main goals for today:
1. Work on NY cards; this is getting shoved to the back of my todo list every day and I'm making no progress.
2. Jog long - 5 - 5.5 miles, depending on how I feel
3. Clean the downstairs in preparation for small group.
4. Tidy the upstairs in preparation for small group
5. Progress on NY cards
6. Progress on Hebrew translation; I can finally go back to my Hebrew class on Monday.

If I can start grading essays, that would be good too. I doubt that will happen, though.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:30 am

I had a emotional kind of day yesterday. Vet appt for dmom's dogs went well, altho it still makes me mad that dbro can't/won't take care of things like that. I keep telling myself he doesn't feel well but he hasn't always felt this bad. I did find out that phone call to dbro's son bore fruit - he is coming over this weekend to help dbro with somethings. I paid in advance for dmom's funeral - I kept it together but felt like I just needed a good cry yesterday afternoon. I had a little nap in the afternoon.

We had Shabbat dinner with friends last night, almost 11 p.m. getting home, then I stayed up later. Today is damp and raining here. I need to get clothes that I hang to dry dry somehow. Will set up a fan, that usually helps.

I'll head to ATL late this afternoon and stay in a hotel near the airport for my 8 a.m. flight tomorrow to Salt Lake City.

PODA:
-a.m. routine and dailies
-leave info for dkids and dh
-pick up picture at Michaels? (I didn't get there yesterday)
-get packed and
-go
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:33 am

Spelling lesson plans completed & printed for next week. One of his spelling curricula (hum...cirricula doesn't look right to me but it says it is the plural of a curriculum) added another way to study the weekly spelling words. There were already more options than DS8 can complete in a week, so he picks which modules he wants to do. Sometimes he chooses to go straight to the spelling test. Once he makes 100% on the spelling test, then he is finished with this curriculum for the week. This motivation to learn spelling words really works for DS8. He will frequently make a 100 on the second day (Tuesday).

Kids are playing good so I'm going to continue lesson planning.
1. Know what you want.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:37 am

I slept well need to journal. We are staying in today. I was thinling we would do coop & run repairs but h got off in time to do that Thurs. Yea. I have wool to ply. Journaling to do. Bummed bc the Qt devo. I was going to get did not have the verses written out only the references. Dang. Oh well. I am keeping my eye out for a journal w water color paper in it, dip pen & ink.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:21 pm

Hi everyone!!

Very busy day going on here, with meat and fruit shopping and a bakery stop for buns in Niagara Falls. Couldn't see the falls at all from the bottom of Clifton Hill. Not a single vehicle on Clifton Hill at all and no body walking either. Fog was intense, with no visibility much beyond each set of traffic lights as we were driving along.

We are having beef ribs for supper.

We will be finishing the kitchen today. A professional painter is coming on Monday to do the living room. The wall with the fireplace will be painted a tone of red/orange very close to brick red. There will be ceiling white on the ceiling, with grey on the far wall and the wall opposite the fireplace, with a white wall matching the kitchen on the wall that has the entryway to the kitchen and the other side of the house. He will return on Tuesday to do whatever he needs to do to finish. Then the guy that did our kitchen floor will come to do the floor under the entertainment centre.

The dishwasher is going now, with a sink full of vintage pyrex dishes. I saw the same set at an antique shop yesterday for $75. (Yellow, red, green and blue solid colours)

There is a load waiting in the washing machine with towels and swimsuits.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

helia

Postby helia » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:56 pm

Yes, curriculum - curricula is a plural. I don't know if curriculums is also acceptable or not? I always use curricula as the plural. In way of explanation, curriculum is from Latin; I don't remember if it comes straight from Latin or not. -um is the neuter noun ending in Latin, and the neuter noun plural ending is -a. Just like media is plural of medium. There are probably other examples in English too.

Moving slowly; I'm so not motivated to spend my day getting ready for small group when I originally said our house was not fit for hosting and no one was willing to pick up the hosting responsibility. And no one got a babysitter. Well, S and R were willing to host as a back up, but they hosted last time, and dh and I jumped in to host so they wouldn't have to host 2x in a row. Some members haven't hosted for over a year. One member can't host b/c her dh is out of town and she is going skiing with her kids all day. I need an attitude adjustment. However, we're making a hosting schedule tonight.

((Twins))

Return to “Post When You Can”