Sunday Savor

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Sunday Savor

Postby Harriet » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:48 am

What do you savor these days?
LadyM
mentioned quiet times alone, especially if they are scarce. I'd agree with that.
Reading
Finding creativity
Walks

Are you savoring the meals you are preparing these days? That can be scarce, too, if you cook like me. :D If you cook like blessed, now, you'd be savoring!

☕ ⌚ ⌛ ✍ The "What's for Dinner" thread has reached 500 posts on 50 pages ✍ ⌛ ⌚ ☕

Very cool.

blessed, what do you think about beginning another thread for our next 500 bright thoughts on that subject!

There's a mini-update in J and C.

blessedw2

Re: Sunday Savor

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:09 am

sounds wonderful d harriet. Look at that ... 50 pages of cooking.. we are good. 8-) Also our d harriet is quite a cook but you are so so sweet.

thank for updating us on the j & c

i hit a I can't do anything mode regarding others yesterday. I suddenly felt the "in my mind" weight of others expectations and needs.

I have to head out this morning soon: stop by uncles and see what food is needed, stop at pharmacy, pick up soup for him - I ordered three soups from olive garden instead of making them at 11 central time. I think I need to walk first.

savor: I like that. I am savoring my new French class. lots of fun.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:10 am

What do you savor these days?

Most definitely quiet time. It is happening right now. Feet up. No noise in the house. ahhhhhhhhh

Everyone just pulled out of the driveway. I told DH that I was skipping church this morning because I had reached my capability of always being "on". I desperately need some quiet time. By skipping church, I have two hours all to myself.

DGS19 is arriving at 11 am to spend the day with me.....which means he will follow me everywhere I go and talk. If I sit down, he sits down next to me. I've learned that I might as well use this time productively and DGD19 is always eager to help. I think I will teach him to make bread today....maybe cinnamon rolls. And I have several lbs of hamburger meat that needs to be cooked and packaged into meal size servings so we will do that too. Also need to weigh & repackage the 10 lbs of mozzarella cheese and put into the freezer. And ....and...and... I'm absolutely sure I can find endless things to accomplish while DGS19 talks.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:38 am

sending you a peaceful day d lady

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:38 am

have a wonderful day!!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:33 pm

Starting our drive home. Will stop for lunch along the way to break up the drive. Hope to see dgs as well.

Services went fine. There is conflict in the church and I got an emergency text and email at 7 this morning to give me a bit of a heads up. I think I might be driving up at least half way on Tuesday. We'll see if MF will accept support. Stupid stubborn male that he is, that's not likely.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:52 pm

Back from the store the local smaller one, found a mgrs. Special on pork roast and beef roast on sale so I am cooking them up ahead slow and hopping to do shreeded meat wraps and have it cooked ahead for meals layer this week. Went ahead of rain / snow in the forecast th is afternoon. Got muffin mix biscuit mix small jiffy mix size, and remembered batteries too & now the flash lights are working.

Savored tky wraps for breakfast.
House smells yummy. Success - pork roast is done and has been shredded, cooling to go in freezer. Lunch wraps were delish.

Journaling done.
Did three laps around the store while I was there.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:27 pm

I should be savoring chili right now but they sold it to me, taking our money and then informing me there isn't any. Sigh, by that time dh's was being prepared so I am having a blt. Which is not as healthy or filling. Thankfully I have a protein bar in the car.

Next up call dd and see about a visit.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:41 pm

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Dh and I are having a slow motion day after the busy week and busy day yesterday. Yesterday I spent the morning on weekly cleaning, etc. Ds#2 came to visit on his way home from work. We hadn't seen him for at least three weeks. His dfamily had been in Orlando last weekend for the Highland Games. Dgd15 competed with her high school band on Saturday and Sunday both she and her dsis (dgd22) were in the dance competitions. They both did well in their competitions and dgd22 received the point she needed to move up to the next level. Ds had wanted us to see a few of the videos he made of the girls' high school and the D. City Band. He knows that we would enjoy being there in person to cheer on our dgds.

Dcousin and her dh came in about 4:30 pm. We enjoyed the pork roast, potatoes, carrots and onions, all cooked in the crockpot. Dcousin brought a no sugar added apple pie and I made a chocolate dream-whip pie. I tried to send some of the pies and roast home with them, but she said no, thank you! We did make up a plate of cookies for them! It was a nice evening; we enjoyed the visit.

We had sunshine this morning, but now it is overcast with gusty breezes. Weather people have been predicting bad storms for today all week. I guess this is all part of the storms that the southeast is experiencing. Feel so sad for the losses in Mississippi.

Safe travels for Twins and I'm sure RRose is enjoying her weekend. Thank you, Harriet, for the update in J & C! (((Dee & dfam.))). Also for the link you posted yesterday. Seems like a nice website. (((Harmony and dh)))!
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:25 pm

Hi everyone!

Woke up to dh moving furniture around the kitchen and he was also finishing the painting in here. It isn't really finished. Ceiling didn't get done, not did the trim near the floor. He overpainted everywhere, and I can see it, and it will drive me crazy... but he worked most of last weekend and this weekend and the kitchen has been upside down for over a week, sooooo I just need to let it be.

Curtain rod is up for the end of the kitchen that has windows. We moved the long one from the bedroom, where dh didn't want the curtains I bought, and now it is the perfect wall-to-wall length that was needed. One window still needs a curtain, but I need to go to Walmart and that won't happen until later this week.

Because I couldn't really do anything in the kitchen today, I restarted the KM method in my closet. I have a large green garbage bag full of clothes to donate. Everything came off of the hanger and got tried on. Some things didn't make it as far as getting all the way on. Although black isn't in my wardrobe the way it used to be, the stuff I kept for future funerals all made the cut. It all fits and feels and looks good.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”