Make-over Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Elizabeth

Re: Make-over Monday

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:15 pm

CUE HALLELUJAH CHORUS LOUD!!!

The highest priority report is complete, uploaded, working, and notice has been given to the users!!! This was done by 1/23 at 2 pm, when the "go live" date is 2/1. (Go live means that is when the state is adopting our software and everything had better WORK).

Also had a yummy lunch of leftover Chinese food from a favorite restaurant. I predict a lot of grilling, frying, and crockpotting in my future. Also a lot of beans and rice if I have to buy an new stove.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:46 pm

We went out and took too long with everything. On the way back stopped to see dsecondbil at his grocery management position. That was pleasant.

Back home, and found ds and children here, having been "kicked out" by ddil, who was having an at-home phone interview. He said, "We took over." which is fine, of course.

The only thing I regret is that it was my intention to work on office today, I got called away, and then ds comes and needs my desk again briefly. It's just frustrating.

Our green-eyed boy taught us to play hopscotch, which is the kind of skill you don't want to forget, you know. We have better rocks for picking up than his yard does, so he has borrowed one of ours.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:05 pm

Cookies baked, movie watched, last of the eggs gathered, drawing & coloring done. News monitored over my upset about some of it. :roll: It has been foggy most of the day now the sun is trying to peek out.

H & I decided everyone must have cabin fever around here and sick of the cold snowy weather it is slicker & icyier now than it has been in previous weeks.

Big storm headed to the North East.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:50 pm

Working on delivery of the letters to every apartment. Handed over the 226 and 88 to the other buildings and some to our friend to do in our building. Shortly later, got word there is a mistake and it should be Sat. Feb 4, not Feb. 5 as printed in the letter (and the notice board notices.) Sigh....

We corrected them all by hand.

We have 4 (out of 23) more floors to do here and then we'll be done. I've printed off new notice board signs and will put those up after supper.

I'm up to 8500 steps so far today.

< later >

supper is done. I'll do clean up after I do the last 4 floor deliveries.

Nancy: we are getting a big storm tomorrow too. Dh reworked his week to not go to movies just because he's not wanting to go out in the storms and there is snow predicted for the next 7 days. I restarted my light therapy this morning to help me with the grey days ahead.

We are both stiff and sore. Dh more-so than me because he walked 12 km today.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:40 pm

Today -- to-do's -- CI:
[x] s2s & washed hair
[/] laundry (2nd load in now)
[x] drug store for dmom & myself (and found some white cotton gloves, too!)
[x] get meds to dmom
[x] supper
[x] talked to ds and ddil on phone
[x] post office (bought a card for dfriend's dd, who turns 9 on Wed. Dfriend said her dd loves getting mail, so she wanted to surprise her with a bunch of cards. Our post office has H allmark cards for sale. They always have the cutest ones there!)
[ ] exercise
[x] type minutes for retired teachers meeting tomorrow (have been procrastinating since Nov on this :roll: :oops: )

SInce I've eaten, I've sorta lost my enthusiasm for the rest of this stuff, but I will carry on, and try my best to get the laundry completed and the notes typed, at least.

It was very windy and we had thunderstorms this weekend, and ds spent a lot of time in-between storm cells in MS and had some nerve-wracking moments, but now, it has just calmed down and it is noticeably cooler. Not as cold as it will be next weekend, dh warns, and certainly not winter-storm weather like some of you are facing, so I'll try not to complain.

Mmmm... cookies, Nancy...

WTG, Kathryn, on a very productive day, I'd say.

:D Cathy -- isn't that how it always is? One thing always leads to another (newly painted ceiling makes you notice fan)? One reason I'm scared to start any sort of renovation around here.

WTG, Elizabeth!

You know, I don't think I've ever known for sure how to play hopscotch? I mean, the rules. You throw the rock to see how far you hop -- is that all there is to it? And try not to step on a line?

Oh -- speaking of movies -- last night we saw Silence. It is a based-on-a-true-story movie about priests in Japan in the 1600s, when Christians were severely persecuted and killed there. It is, as dh put it, grueling to watch, but it makes you think. You have to admire the faith of those who endured to the death, and when some gave in and denied their faith in order to save the lives of others... well... it just requires a lot of thought and questioning. I think any Christian would come away from it thinking "How strong could I be for my faith?" I mean, DYING for one's faith seems an easy thing, compared to the torture some have experienced, you know? I'm glad I saw it, but it is definitely NOT a "feel-good" movie, that's for certain. It does make me so very thankful to live in a country where freedom of religion is practiced. We really take our freedoms for granted, I think.
Last edited by lucylee on Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:01 pm

Lucylee: Sometimes I love reading your to-do lists because they make me feel not alone in my struggles. Tonight it was the one about typing up the minutes for tomorrow! I resemble that post!

The last of the letters are delivered.

I may not have to take NF11 to the doctor tomorrow. The health person is now available (she was up for jury duty) so I'm letting her decide if she wants to go (she's being doing an amazing job handling all the latest health crises. Adrenaline can only carry you so far and I think that now the NFs are settling down, all the underlying health problems are starting to cause troubles. This woman has handled it all with grace, including the trip last week to the hospital in an ambulance.

Next up is cleaning up the kitchen. Then I'll try and finish reading that book so I can return it tomorrow. I only have another 40 pages and they go by fast (lots of pictures, big print, big line spacing.)

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:11 pm

LOL, Kathryn! Glad I could help!

I have edited my list to check off the minutes from November. Truthfully, I was planning on just leaving off these minutes. I did not TAKE minutes at this meeting, as it was the bus tour thing, and we conducted no business, treasurer didn't even attend, so no treasurer's report, and no reading of the Oct. minutes -- so it seemed kind of silly to type up anything and waste paper and ink.
But then I got to thinking we should have a record of the day, so... I finally got it done. With 16 hours to spare, LOL. Ten weeks after the event. :roll:

Now -- to staple those to the October minutes and return to the washing machine. I don't know why I'm so tired tonight. I've been kinda running in slow motion all day.

Sending good wishes to your NFs, especially NF11. I cannot imagine how hard it would be to move to a foreign country, under such difficult circumstances. I'm sure you're right -- adrenaline has carried them just so far, but eventually, the day-to-day reality will take its toll.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:48 pm

I loaded up the dog & kidN to fetch h from work water pump went out of the truck, glad roads are good. Made soup when we got back. Yum! My week just got a make over.

KidN is gone now.

So I will be home again tomorrow. I can finish up the stuff I did not finish today. Do laundry, cleaning, & some spinning etc.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:55 pm

Finished reading the book and making notes. I put my comments on sticky notes on the pages throughout the book. I hope my friend will read it with a different mind seeing my notes.

I don't have to do the driving tomorrow. Woot! I've made up a very aggressive to-do list for tomorrow. I made my steps for the day without stepping outside the building or on the treadmill. Wonder if I'll do as well tomorrow?

Off to bed now. A bit late but a lot accomplished.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:08 am

Last load of laundry is in the washer.
Now -- to force myself to walk away some pounds..,
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”