tuesday: doing your best

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Tuesday: Doing Our Best!

Postby Nancy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:23 pm

Cheering you all on!
Vacuumed worked I am SO! Glad.
Vaccum master bed room & creativity room & mop bathrooms done yippee!
Got hens feed delt with & out of the hall.
Worked on the desk enough so tjat I have a spot I can actually work now using it. :mrgreen: I have surfaces to deal with on here and laundry but that will be for tomorrow.

Had a bunch of robbins on our street most of the afternoon such a joy to see them gives me the hope of spring.

h is. Making a sandwich of some meat I cooked ahead for that purpose.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Elizabeth

Re: tuesday: doing your best

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:27 pm

Inventory history report DONE!!! On to Spanish translation of the application. Someone else translated it. I only have to implement a selection box allowing English or Spanish and display accordingly. Obviously, no numerical calculations change! I also put in for my rescheduled Hawaii trip in August.

The world will not end if helia takes a nap. It won't even feel a little off.

I have a suggestion for Booksaver's company gift exchange. They could have a white elephant exchange where it has to be something you already own, the funnier the better. (That makes it cheap). All gifts are put in a pile and each person draws a number. The first chooses a gift and opens it. All subsequent players can either choose an unopened gift or steal someone else's. Anyone whose gift is stolen may either open another or steal any gift other than the one that got taken. An item may only be stolen three times, then it is out of play. In the interest of fair play, the person who went first may swap for any available gift. A party atmosphere is generated with no personal information needed. However, you can sometimes learn some interesting things: who would have thought anyone would WANT that sumo wrestling video? If you don't like your gift, not only is it socially acceptable to put it in the white elephant exchange next year, it is considered even funnier.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:51 pm

I also thought Booksaver's request to write stuff down a bit much. Our Deaconess group in church one year the leader had us pull names, to make groups of 3 and we were supposed to either get together during the month, send each other cards or emails, something to get to know each other. I had I think 3 lunches / brunches out and 1 group is the same group that gets together a few times a year for brunch on our birthdays. A pot luck for everybody or something like that, a tea & cookie time, something all together helps and then people pair or group off together naturally. I'm not sure you can really force sociability, but one can encourage a little closeness within a group.

Funny thing was, that group of ladies I was part of with that leader, after she moved on, they had a bit of a problem getting anyone to join, some said they didn't want to join our "clique"!

For not getting a lot done today, I was surprisingly busy. Hung up laundry, dinner & dishes, I guess that's about it. It's amazing the little I'm doing for DH takes as much time as it does.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:46 pm

The walk took all my energy. I'll end the day with 12K steps (good) but gone nothing done from 5 onwards (bad.) I even tried a 15 minute nap but it didn't help. Nor did caffeine at dinner.

I did read 1/3 of a new book. Another easy read and it is making me laugh which is better than the short-story collection of funny stories did. They were amusing but not laugh out loud funny. This book is. Silly things but still funny. And not in a vicious ways.

Spent some time with Google Play Music and adding music to my phone. Now if I'm out, there's stuff on it to listen to (i.e. in a coffee shop and I want to block out the noise around me.) I put on jazz for reading to, Sacred Cello, plus upbeat songs so I have something to move to if I want to walk and listen at the same time.

Off to bed now. A bit discouraged. Tomorrow is a very busy day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:36 am

wow d nancy.. robins already?!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”