tuesday: doing your best

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

tuesday: doing your best

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:46 am

Today Quotes. The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.

today doesn't have to be perfect...you don't have to do it all... just do your best

I think we all get carried away with what we think we should do to be a homemaker, a partner, a friend, a citizen etc. - I noticed the most happy people are those that can be okay with admitting they did their best and be content with it. Some days we can get tons done - does that mean we are more successful those days... not at all - I think that's the mistake we make - expecting ourselves to be perfect. We can judge ourself too harshly. If we can be okay that one day is different from another; then we can be happier with what we accomplish.

If doing your best today just means getting s2s that's alright!!!

What does your day look like so far? be happy with what you can do today!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Re: tuesday: doing your best

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:57 am

I'm so happy this morning because I saw recipes being posted to Dee FB page. Dee and DH share an FB page so it could be Mr. Dee posting the recipes, but it makes me happy to imagine Dee feeling well enough to collect recipes. (((Dee)))

Today is another long day of homeschooling. Yesterday we started at 8am and stopped at 4pm. We did take a 15-minute break each hour. DS8 was very pleased with his progress and asked if we could do the 45/15 minute schedule again.

I found a Great Pyrenees puppy. 2 months old. An hour drive from here. I keep waiting for sane and reasonable thoughts to take over my brain and make me reconsider getting it for DS8. But my heart keeps triumphing over the sane thoughts. We have an appointment tomorrow @1pm to visit the puppy. I have 29 hours to talk myself out of getting another dog.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:02 am

Hi, blessed, and Kathryn and Lynlee with porch lights on.

Good advice, blessed.

I'm so glad to have my 5x5 notes from last evening - actually 5x5s for more than one direction of life. Isn't it nice to take orders from yourself from the night before. Such a wise boss, deserving of attention. :lol:

Hi, LadyM - no surprise there. I could "hear" it in your post. whether you two choose each other or not, have a lovely visit.

Thanks for a little info from Dee's direction. How in the world are we managing without her posts, anyway!?!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:05 am

What a great start to the day! Thank you Blessed.

Hmmm, maybe Dee's account was hacked by a nurse at the hospital, who turns out to be a SHE and is contributing to the group!

I'm up and s2s but hair's not styled. Having tea and chocolate. I don't even have to go out today (and the freezing rain has just started) but I'm moving quite well today.

It is a snow day here. Nothing came overnight but we are to expect 4 - 6" by dinner time. School buses are canceled and that means that NF15's exam will be put off. I think she was to write on Friday which means she'll write on Tuesday since there's no school for her on Monday due to a PD day.

I need to start working my way through my to-do list. It is very long and optimistic.

Part of my burst of energy yesterday came from me having enough podcasts to listen to while I worked. That makes it a lot easier to keep going. A couple of times I just didn't want to restart after a break but then realized I'd get to listen to a new episode so off I went.

For those of you with a few minutes and the need for a heart warming video, here's a dad and daughter singing, "You've Gotta Friend in Me." This made me think of Lucylee's ds and all he has to look forward to.

http://www.viralvo.com/4-yr-old-daughter/?r=jm

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:09 am

dear Lady good morning! I just love Great Pyrenees - if you don't want a dog call them and cancel - I have two dogs because I went to go see a puppy lol - I don't regret it (except in shedding seasons).

so happy for your ds8 on his school progress that he is so happy with. Good for him!

good morning and good day to you d harriet
Isn't it nice to take orders from yourself from the night before. Such a wise boss, deserving of attention. :lol:
this made me smile.

good morning d kathryn.. what a great idea of listening to podcasts while you work! may you have a great day

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:10 am

Howdy howdy to all that come in today.

Heading out again soon.

have a good day!

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:24 am

Good morning, villagers ~
Post & run seems to be the best I can do today.

8x9:
* cocktail sausages in sauce in crockpot for staff meeting lunch (done)
* staff meeting prep = organize tote bag, fill out questionnaire (done)
* staff meeting at library plus no more than 10 minutes volunteer tasks
* errands: post office, bank deposit, trade SS canister, buy cat food
* try small knitting loom pattern for wrist warmers
* put away clean laundry
* declutter something -- anything! -- from dining room
* read library book

At our December staff meeting after we exchanged our Christmas gifts, the boss handed everyone a page full of personal questions about our favorite things. On the one hand, seeing everyone's answers will help me choose gifts for birthdays and Christmas, which she said is the intent. On the other hand, I hate answering those kinds of personal questions especially in writing when I don't know who else might be given a copy. I know the dangers of being an unsocial hermit -- but the entire atmosphere of pressure to be "best friends" with any coworkers, especially when the pressure comes from the boss, creeps me out. :P

The wrist warmers knitting pattern is turning out nicely although I need more practice to make it look neater. No worries, these are for myself rather than to give to someone else.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:42 am

Ds called and will come over at some point today. He asked what I was up to and I said "Nothing and everything." Nothing in particular but I read him my to-do list. He decided to come over and walk with me to the bank so we can visit. That works for me.

I've got several smaller items done from the list. Breakfast is also done. Time to brush teeth and style hair.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:53 am

I am up. Qt done sipping coffee trying to get a handle on my day.
Journaling done. Breakfast in a bit. I will mop then s2s & do some spinning.
Coughing & sneezing a bit.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:34 pm

Good morning! I just posted the latest iteration of the highest priority report! I'm hoping no more bugs are found. On to inventory! Having a functioning watch is wonderful. I still have 3 items from yesterday's list of 5: call about the oven, finish financial research, and write up recipes for church cookbook. I will contribute three: fried rice (requested by DD14's friend), cube steak (a southern dish which also has the bonus of teaching the making of brown gravy), and Skunk Away (which removes the smell of skunk from dogs). Skunk Away can also be used to remove other smells, but will lighten dyes in clothing.

I have volunteered to contact previous donors for the animal org's biggest fundraiser. That is the only task I can do from Work City. When the president sent out the message that we need to start working on it, she got a reply from Chief Troublemaker. It said essentially, "I won't be able to do hardly anything, because I am so busy doing ... long list of braggy things which essentially says LOOK AT ME aren't I great!" The president sent back a very nicely worded email that essentially said, "We value all those contributions, but since the main job of the board is fundraising, maybe that is not the best fit. I can look for a replacement for you!" If ONLY he would accept her offer. Her reply was the most brilliantly written thing I have read in a long time and I told her just that!

Return to “Post When You Can”