happy Australia day and Happy Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

happy Australia day and Happy Thursday

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:46 am

Happy Australia Day to all our dear Australian friends!!!

Celebrations, (small and large), are a time to celebrate. What makes you happy?! I would love to know!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: happy Australia day and Happy Thursday

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:52 am

I am happiest

1. when I am with dh, dd's, dogs
1. when I am outdoors
2. when I am surrounded by family or friends.
3. when I am learning and being creative

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:05 am

I should go out and buy some Tim Tams to have with my tea in honour of the day! (I'm pretty sure they are in the international section of my grocery store.)

I'll be with ds later today so we can salute the flag on his surf board.

I'm up and at it. Having tea and chocolate now but have already had my yogurt and fruit and have been over to clear out the non-perishable food from the apartment that is being shut down. We went through the silver as well. She has 3 incomplete sets of plate (some quite cheap, others are good) but I was checking odd pieces out and found a sterling spoon so we put that aside. It didn't occur to my friend that people might have some sterling mixed in with the plate. I only have plate cutlery (I have four sets) because my sister got the sterling, but she gave me many sterling serving pieces and coffee spoons. Must remind the kids to check each piece because the sterling has value.

The day now stretches before me, full of possibilities. Of course, it is snowing as well, so not too inviting to go out.

Will check my email and facebook to see if anyone has plans for me.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:40 am

For me, happiness levels show a big spike when there are fewer evil people in my life. I have noticed a thundering silence on the part of people Chief Troublemaker is probably expecting to beg him back. Even Deputy Troublemaker and Troublemaker in Training have not responded. I called the president with a motion to accept his resignation, but it is not an emergency or time critical, so it has to be handled at the next meeting. Technically, he can rescind the resignation until we accept it. In one sense it is time critical - he is so destructive that we need him out NOW. Of course, I have many other sources of happiness, that's just the biggie right now. I am going to invite my allies over for celebratory drinks after he is formally off the board. (That will be conveniently after payday). I need to get in serious house cleaning gear!

Speaking of payday, I did finish bills and budget last night. While it's not pretty, it was not as bad as I thought. Some things I thought due this pay period are due next. I finished the financial research, but did I remember to bring it so I could call my advisor, NOOOOO.

Payroll today is translation. Fortunately, we have some Spanish speakers in our building. Unfortunately, I am not one of them.

Tonight's essentials are: Girls' Night Out (translation homework), write up recipes, thank you notes, and dance skirt. I may make a list of six and copy lynnlee's dice idea.

I don't think lucylee should feel bad about withholding "information" from DH. With gossip, it is hard to know if you have information, miscommunication, mistakes, or outright lies.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:49 am

I am up on time animals have been fed. My next up is qt, journaling done. meds have been taken. Waving to all have a happy day no matter where U live. Laundry going. S2s x . More laundry done. Ex. On gazelle today X. Scrub tub done.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:26 pm, edited 6 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:06 pm

CUOP while DS8 reads. Today he started reading "Five little Peppers and how they grew". He read Chapter one but is having to go back and reread in order to answer the questions. What are the names of the 5 Peppers? How old is Ben? Reading comprehension is more important than speed!

Today is our regular Thursday activities -
** Homeschool for 3 hours
** Lunch and playing recess at public school (1 hour)
** DS8 to speech therapy (30 minutes)
** Volunteering for 3 hours
** Roller Skating for 3 hours.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:23 pm

very nicely said d nancy.

hi all... doing paperwork and listening to classical music to sooth my soul :D

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:38 pm

Order makes me happy. I suppose that makes me dull.

Tim Tams: "delicious smooth cream sandwiched between 2 crunchy biscuits coated in Tim Tam chocolate and white chocolate". I had to look it up, they sound delicious, probably not a diet food!

DH went out to a job. Gone for a few hours. Came limping back in but said he was still ok. Now he's resting.

I got my year-in-a-folder finished and called the CPA to ask when to bring. He works out of his house and I can leave it in his front porch, but with people coming and going I don't really like to do that, so I'll wait till he's there.

Actually that's all I've done so far. I am going to go read my book!

Dove

Postby Dove » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:55 pm

Happy Australia Day! :)

I'm home after breakfast with dfriends & running a few errands on the way home. It is so odd to be wearing only a light jacket in the middle of winter. Wish I had some of Kathryn's snow...

Dh makes me happiest, Blessed. We are fortunate to be best friends & really enjoy spending time together. Dkitten has been such a joy in my life, too. She has such a sweet & playful personality that makes us laugh. She loves to purr, play, snuggle, & be held.

I've been chipping away at office clutter this week, but since so much of it is paperwork it is slow going. Think I'll set a timer when I leave here & do 15 minutes of paperwork, 15 minutes purging old emails, & then 15 on a shelf in the storage cabinet.

Waving ~~~ to everyone. Hope you all have a wonderful day! :)

helia

Postby helia » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:31 pm

Hello all! I'm peeking in in the midst of my busy schedule. I don't think I got here yesterday?

You're not dull, Harmony! LOL! You have a kind of dry wit.

Oh yes, I remember TimTams from our time in Australia! I think we can get them in grocery stores here too, but I haven't gotten them for ages.

I'm very happy today for 3 reasons. First of all, a student turned her essay in to me today -- late, yes, but it was very nicely done! I know at least one other student had an excellent essay in class on Wednesday, which was a bit of a surprise from that particular student. This is an essay type that the students have struggled with a bit. Seeing that some of them got and got it well makes me happy. Second, I just got 3 errands done - bank (opened another account for dd18), library, and the vet for Maia's food. It feels very good to have those done. Third, I'm through the bulk of the busyness of my school session. For one class, I've made the 2 quizzes and the summary project. I just need to grade one quiz + the final. For the other, we're at the point of writing final drafts of their last essay. Then, they'll have their in class writing exam next Wednesday. So, the at home payroll work will be diminishing.

My dh usually makes me happy too. though there are those other moments. LOL! I do really enjoy being his wife. Life is never boring when he's around.

I'm off to tidy the MBR and then go for a jog. I tried a barre class yesterday. Oh my! That was a work out. It was strength and stretching, exactly what I need. I am only a tad sore today, much less than I thought I'd be and mainly my arms. I'll go again in a few days. I'm thinking of doing that regularly as cross-training. Dh has started doing that.

Return to “Post When You Can”