Saturday Sorting

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Saturday Sorting

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:21 pm

Absolutely still at DD's in FL, Sunny. Thanks for the good vibes in insurance issues. Slowly, slowly.

I'm feeling better and stronger. Managed to walk around some today from time to time and am up to 1,200 steps. Of course my string of 'daily' walking went out the window but I was up to 281. I'll start over in a little while and just keep trying to increase my steps. I was somewhat pleased when I took my BS for before dinner. For the first time since I got home it was below 200 (174). It would be very nice if this issue was a non issue by the time I see the Dr. on Wednesday. The Lantus (a slow acting insulin) they have me on at bedtime brings the BS down so it's about 125 to start the day (but certainly no where near the control I had). It might be a little lower now (it slowly climbs during the day with no insulin) because I have been more active. Feels good to move around some.

Dear old friend from Indiana (actually her dh was our pastor up home for several years & she and I have remained 'sisters' ever since) called me and we talked for 45 minutes (we've never had a 'short' conversation). Actually will most likely get to visit with them the 20th as they'll be down not too far from here. Something to really look forward to. I was ready to get in the recliner for a while after the chat. But she's so good for me! As are all of you here -I am so happy to be able to be on here at least a little. You have been greatly missed. Amazing how you all have become very IRL friends. Blessings to all of you.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:00 pm

Dee: I was going to say that exercise might help with the BS but you already discovered a possible link.

It is good to see Dory in our thread today. You have no idea how happy that makes me feel.

Back from the pub. No chance for extra steps during that walk. It was around freezing today, still was when we left, but without the sun things have iced up so it was quite treacherous. Both of us were slipping so we hung onto each other.

Picked up milk on the way home. I toured the fruit and veggie department to get a sense of how hard it will be to boycott US produce. At this point it won't be an issue. At some point I figure the US-Mexico border will be shut entirely so the trucks won't be able to get produce from Mexico and further south countries (a lot of our things come from Costa Rico and Honduras).

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:52 pm

Hi again!

Confession time... my house is a MESS! Every surface. Every room. UGH!

One thing that does get a fire set underneath me is the cleaning lady coming over. She is coming on Tuesday.

Right now I am hanging pictures in the living room, but cleaning them before they get rehung. Dh and our friend/handyman are working on the window casements. Dh is not a "finisher" and this guy is a very picky finisher. So dh is cutting the trim pieces and using a nail gun with a compressor to do his bit and the handyman/friend is going along behind him with a caulk gun and filling in the very tiny nail holes and wiping the excess as he goes. One thing about this guy is he is very fussy and I like that. ;)

He knows we are fixing the house. He has seen all the improvements since September. He did the kitchen floor. Now he walks in and sees that things are coming along nicely. All I see is the upheaval.

Dh gets to talk to this guy about the Niagara peninsula and cars. Old cars, new cars, troubles with cars, tires, trouble with tires...

I really need to get off of here and go shine my kitchen sink again, don't I. Square one, here I come.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:04 pm

Cathy: I'm finding podcasts are helping me stay on task with cleaning and tidying. I invested in bluetooth (I really ought to learn how to spell that) wireless headphones so just park my tablet in the middle of the apartment and can move around without worrying earphone wires getting caught on things like door nobs. Just saying.... that used to be a problem.

The downside is it doesn't work when I have to do anything with words or numbers. For that I'm trying music but that doesn't really help much. Putting a video I know well (i.e. Sleepless in Seattle) on in the background does. Keeps me in the room in order to glance at my favourite scenes but I can just half-listen otherwise so I at least stay in the same room which is half the battle with staying on task.

(((Harmony))): I just wanted to send hugs for the mortgage paperwork issues.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:10 pm

Cathy - YGG!

I am feeling somewhat better. I have spent the entire day in bed!!!! My stomach is still cramping but is successfully keeping sips of liquid down. I'm not hungry or interested in food, but am hopeful by eating it will make stomach quit cramming. I just ate for the first time since Thursday. I went with chicken noodle soup. I don't know if that is a good choice, but my biggest concern is dehydration so I went with soup and extra water added.

Tomorrow is a full day. DD and 7 of her friends are attending our church and asked to eat lunch with us afterward. DGS19 is coming to spend the day with me. I just hope my stomach will play nice tomorrow.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:22 pm

Glad you are feeling a bit better, LadyM.

I've spend some time looking over "toggl" a time tracking software tool.

This month seems to be "time-tracking and management tools" discussion month on my podcasts and three have mentioned doing this. I'm not sure it is useful for me but I thought I would give it a try for a week.

At the very least, because I'm tracking time, I'll likely be more productive. If I go into a second week, it gets weird because I will be away.

Anyway, we'll see.

On one of my podcasts they set a theme for the year. Last year was the Year of Less (less of the person, i.e. losing weight, but also less work for himself by learning to hire-out tasks.) I'm thinking my theme for this year should be year of productivity education. Taking time to sharpen the saw using Covey's phrase. I don't feel like I'm working at anything near my potential and I'd like that change.

To do so requires rest - off to bed now!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:35 pm

Looking in from Salt Lake City, will be home tomorrow evening. On Friday am I started wondering why I hadn't rec'd an email to ck in for my flight, and finally realized the flight home is Sunday, not Saturday.

Kathryn, i agree. I am proud of Canada for taking refugees.

Glad to see Dee back with us. Have been wondering how you were doing.

Amazing class here and research.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:17 am

In spite of a VERY late start, I have sorted through a (very) few pictures, transferring them to computer.
Also--
Typed teacher mt notes and emailed to pres and vice-pres for clarification...
Updated p aypal info...
Updated Christmas address list...
And --
Colored my hair
Cleaned bathtub & dh's shower
And s/s master bath.

Now -- Watching dgs play in the tub.

DH still doesn't feel too great but BP and pulse rates are good. He is hoping and praying his body will soon adjust to the new meds. Three weeks till he seee the heart doctor. He COULD have gone next Tues but -- surprise -- NOT -- he and DS are going to a basketball game that day.
Sigh.

DEE -- it is sooo good to see you back! You have been in my thoughts and prayers.
LADYM -- I sure hope you feel much better by tomorrow and have a good day with dd.
Thinking of you ALL -- posting on phone.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:42 am

Well, the mortgage paperwork - the IRS will catch up to us when we pay 2017 taxes and the Medicare people will catch up to us when they get that notice, in 2019 so I have 2 years to wait for the other shoe to drop.

The $3,000+ was an erroneous amount to the business account. If my CPA can't also include the expenses a law firm paid on my behalf to themselves and another accounting firm, we'll be paying for another $3,000 that we never really got. I did sign a paper that they could deposit that check and pay those 2 expenses, but never realized we'd get a 1099 for that whole amount. I thought that was what attorneys and cpa's were supposed to do, steer us clear of making mistakes like that. They never told us that's the way it would be handled. Hmmmph.

I cleaned out a big deep drawer in my kitchen that's been driving me crazy. Stuffed so full things were falling down behind into the bottom drawer. That took a while but all tidy now. It's chilly outside and inside now. We can't use the fireplace till we get that painting done.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:52 am

(((Harmony))) IKWYM about thinking cpa's etc were taking care of things. I'm still not over the trouble I caused Dmom with that IRA check. SHE is over it, but I still feel bad about it. But I still think that people who should have known a lot more than me also dropped the ball on that episode.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”