Stormless Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Stormless Sunday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:32 pm

LadyM: I've never been able to get into OneNote or EverNote. I've downloaded them more than once but it just doesn't appeal to me. I think paper and pen works better for me (which is one reason I'm thinking of doing that for time tracking, even though the app appears to run on my tablet - I've been running it all evening.)

For those who care about my time tracking -

Oh, I guess the app isn't working. It timed stuff for me but I just went to do something and it asked me to sign-in. When I tried to sign in before it wouldn't let me then, suddenly I was signed in and now I'm not. humphhhh.

Anyway, I did a long block on dinner - cooking and eating it, then surfing the internet for 1:17 and then 1:28 on 'housework' which was a hodgepodge but mostly the meal planning and reading the grocery flyers.

I'm about to delete the app since dinner which was showing before has disappeared.

I'll delete the program off my computer as well and try pen and paper for a week.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:41 pm

Pleasant thought - I was tangled up in traffic, a waiting line, and Murphy's Law :roll: while my little ebay (yes, I know) violet possibilities were about to be auctioned. HRH realized it here at home and accessed my account by memory. He had a few minutes to monitor for me, and though he wasn't quite sure what I really wanted, he did get in the highest bid for my second choice. So I arrived home to find I had a "Valentine's Day present" coming in about a week or 10 days.

This breeder (? is that the right word?) does the irritating ebay thing of getting all the auctions ready to go, then marathon-listing them so that they will all end within seconds of each other. This ups their profits, since there is no time for a buyer to consider a thrifty bid on second or third choices at the time they realize they've lost one. The breeder is hoping for high bids to be put in on more than one in advance, and I'm way too cheap for that. :| So I had done nothing in advance.

Anyhow, dd and her friend are back at campus, and her friend's 2 tables (one of which friend built herself at home over the weekend) have been delivered. I am not "the cool mom", but I am great at being "the mom with the pickup truck". Stopped on the way home for just a few things, which is where I was delayed.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:21 pm

I fixed dinner. I got the dish washer emptied & worked on the kitchen did some on the p m routine done. I need to dump the trash next.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:41 pm

All of today's dishes are done and on the drying rack. Other than the stuff on the island that dh needs, everything is off of there and away.

On Tuesday after the cleaning lady leaves I will start to sort out the pantry. I also have to finish my clothes, but I got to the underthings and ran out of steam and/or desire last week. I have to get that done tomorrow afternoon.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:35 am

Another day where I am waaay behind all of y'all, and you've probably all gone to bed. * sigh * Maybe you'll read this tomorrow.
We went to church, had our 5th Sunday bluegrass music service, and ds & ddil played & sang, but dh was very anxious to get home afterwards, b/c he was feeling so miserable. (DH had not been asked to sing, b/c substitute choir director never seems to think of him. :roll: This somewhat hurts dh's feelings I think, but today, I'm sure he was glad not to have that obligation.)
DH slept all afternoon, but still does not feel well, and decided he did NOT feel like going out tonight. I didn't mind; I've got Blue Bloods & The Affair & Victoria to catch up on w/the dvr. ;)

More in J&C...

I tried to watch the special showing of Mary Tyler Moore best episodes on MeTV this afternoon, but we get it on antenna, and the signal comes and goes. Mostly goes. So I slept most of the afternoon too.
I loved the MTM show. I always wanted to be the girl who could "turn the world on with a smile... take a nothing day and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile."
Sweet words from dh -- he said I turn HIS world on with a smile. :D
I also have slight memories of the Dick Van Dyke show, even though I guess I was only 4-5 years old when it went off the air. Maybe I watched in reruns?

Sweet of HRH, Harriet, to watch that auction for you and get the flowers!

(((Dee))) It is sooo good to see you popping in and getting stronger each day!!!

Kathryn, I love the idea of OneNote, when LadyM talks about it, but like you, I think I work better with pencil & paper. I love the idea being able to search journal entries, b/c there is SOME useful info in the midst of all my crazy ramblings... but getting to the computer to RECORD the ramblings is a number one problem, since we are a one computer family, you know.

Talked to dmom today, and SHE stayed home from church for the second Sunday in a row, and she says herself that she has done pretty much NOTHING all week, so I am worried that she is depressed or something again. I'll get her meds to her tomorrow, and maybe I can see for myself how it's going around her house. She said her housekeeper did come Friday, and she has been going out to get food every day, I think (b/c she has no energy for grocery store trip.) She even went to Next Town one day this week simply b/c she was craving pie from bar-b-que restaurant there. So MAYBE she's not slipping back into her old ways, but I can't help but worry.

(((LadyM))) I so hope you feel better soon. And no, guys apparently see NONE of the things that women see. Remember, my dh was completely oblivious, even though I had not vacuumed in six weeks. Shaking my head...

Hope you feel better, too, (((Rose)))!

Waving to ALL!!!

Going to J&C.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:21 am

Harriet so glad to near of your flower news happy for U about that.
I got the trash dumped.
Made some progress on my plan for the week.

Return to “Post When You Can”