Amazing Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Amazing Monday

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:55 pm

Cats and Nancy, thank you for info. I am taking the prefilled pen (16) at 9:30pm, Cats. I will be seeing the Dr. Wednesday afternoon so will get advice then I'm sure. They had decided that the individual insulin syringes 3x a day was giving me too much and now I'm sure not enough with just the lantus. So glad we're so varied here and we can find advice on almost anything.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:58 pm

Cats - thank you!

Twins - it is good to have you back "home".

We went to town to pick up a part that DH needed. While there I purchased the hand weights needed to start beginner weight lifting program with DS8. We are starting extremely slow. I purchased 2, 3, and 5 lbs weights. I would rather err on the side of caution doing "too little & too slow" than doing damage to DS8 growing muscles (and mine!!).

I made good progress on the paperwork stack. I am finding myself keeping papers that are not necessary since we no longer have a business. My trash sack is full! I changed the way the health insurance send EOB papers. I was receiving them in snail paper on paper and then I scan them into a digital file before tossing the paper. Now the insurance company sends the EOB to me in an email. I have a rule set up in the email to automatically group all the EOB into a folder. They are searchable if I ever need them. I used to spend hours and hours tracking all these EOB. It just gets easier and easier! I am evaluating if keeping my medical spreadsheet is necessary. I am downloading yearly data from insurance and pharmacy to see how close it is to my spreadsheet. If the records match then I will stop keeping my medical spreadsheet.

When I stand up I get very dizzy and feel like I'm going to pass out. I am being very diligent in drinking water and eating protein every few hours. Hum......I need to get blood pressure cuff out and check it.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:06 pm

Dusted everything except the office while on the phone with the kids. That and some laundry are my only housework successes today.

I will not be alone in the cold tonight. Coming with me are:

Dgs and dd
Dh
NFD and as many of his family he can convince to go out in the cold!

I've invited the rest of the refugee committee and the church minister will be there too so I'll keep an eye out for her (she's as tiny or smaller than dd so will be hard to spot!)

Thankfully I have battery operated candles, enough for everyone, since we are to bring our own.

Ds called just to talk. As long as he was on the phone, he could pretend he had a reason to be inside (he is on ski patrol today and says it is very cold out, even with the sunshine.)

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:01 pm

Blood pressure is fine (119/79). Blood sugar is fine (94). I don't know why I'm getting dizzy. I've had the chest bug and the stomach bug. Surely there isn't a head bug going around!!

I've posted the menu for Wednesday night church meal. Wednesday is Ground Hog day so we are having a themed meal. It works if you have a weird sense of humor.

DS8 dirt bike won't start. The battery is dead. It is only a month old! I'm seeking to get the battery replaced. I haven't found a phone number or email to contact company yet....but I will.
1. Know what you want.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:10 pm

National Bubble-Wrap Day. Well, that IS pretty amazing, I guess. Who would have thought bubble-wrap would have a DAY? LOL…

Bsweet – I am TOTALLY amazed that someone could care for ELEVEN dogs for two weeks. My goodness. You go, girl!

(((Dee))) (((BIG HUGS))) for the problems with the insulin AND problems with insurance.

I wish I had been amazed by a shining sink this morning, like Cathy, but I left a Tupperware container in the sink last night. Not a big mess, but not empty and shiny. And yes… it’s still there now.

I am usually very happy with Mondays, blessed, but today my get-up-and-go is seriously lacking. Partly b/c I’m trying to keep things calm and quiet for dh. I’m putting off laundry, changing sheets, and vacuuming until tomorrow when I hope he’ll be out of the house. We will have the grands for an hour or so this afternoon, and then I will have them for possibly 7 hours tomorrow, but I figure I can get some stuff done while they are here.

* smiling * at LadyM’s blue dots. IKWYM! I put a smiley face on my calendar when I exercise, and if I get one tomorrow, I will have doubled my exercise days for December!
Of course, the sad part of that is that I only had 5 days of exercise in December… but 10 in January is a good start, I think. If I could get 20 in February, I’d be VERY proud of myself. And amazed, too!
I’m so glad you’re feeling better, but PLEASE take it easy and don’t over-do getting back into your routines! (((HUGS)))

(((HUGS))) for all in Quebec and surrounding areas. Sometimes it seems there are no safe spaces.

Yes – happy birthday to Mr. Helia! And WOW – enjoy your trip to Australia!

Harriet, thanks for the tips. I cannot IMAGINE dmom sleeping in a bra & slip, but she does know that the more she does the night before, the better prepared she is for the day to come. I need to remind her of that, and maybe start phoning her on Saturdays to “pump her up” a little.
If you have not seen J&C yet – she IS doing better today. She said she had s2s and gone to nearby cafeteria for her lunch, but she needs to come to town to go to the bank, and she will pick up her rx at drug store and come to my house for other meds. Maybe she’ll get to see the grands, too.

Good to see cats dropping in!

So glad you got your truck fixed, Nancy.
What is it that makes hens lay different colored eggs? Is it just the different breeds of hens?

Never a good idea to find you have costume issues while on stage.
LOL, Elizabeth… nooo… you don’t want any “wardrobe malfunctions”!
I am constantly shaking my head at the situations you find yourself in with xBFF and the X and the Other Woman… These people are all just so DENSE and difficult. I’m glad you stood your ground re: Mardi Gras. WTG!!!

(((Rose))) I hope you start feeling better soon! Thanks for the reminder about Vicks salve. I should have dh try that. I remember my grandmother was a great believer in Vicks salve.
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:18 pm

(((RR)))) I hope you start feeling better soon.Dove told me about using chapstick around sore nose. I didn't have any chapstick on hand so I tried Carmex and it worked better than anything I had tried.

Interesting about goose fat! DBro has used bacon fat in treating animal owies.

I canceled my return appt with the dentist. The purple bruised place under my tongue disappeared after a few days. I am fairly sure it was bruised by thermometer under my tongue when I was sick
1. Know what you want.

cats

Postby cats » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:38 pm

Dee I was told I could increase my lantus 2 units at a time so that my morning number was in range and then to leave it their
good luck at the doct wed.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:54 pm

Oh my! I filled the sink with hot, soapy water after we finished supper. Some plates and cutlery are in the water. Dh wants to go swimming tonight. I just have to convince myself to do these before we go out.

Supper was sausages (Oktoberfest ones) with fried onions, Minute rice with green peas in it, and I boiled 1/2 head of cabbage.

So good for such a simple meal.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:15 pm

Thxs LadyM...forgot to say I'm smearing chap stick every where ... with Aloe I might add :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:23 pm

Lucyl.Yep the ones that are laying the blue or green eggs originated in S. America.

Dee when I changed I reduced my dose and upped it over time until I was in a range we discussed.

Return to “Post When You Can”