Wonderful Wednesday Feb 1

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Elizabeth

Re: Wonderful Wednesday Feb 1

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:43 pm

Hi everyone! Day 1 of software rollout is so-far so-good. Problems have been found, but fixable ones so far. This is good because I had a migraine and had to take meds. Not related to the software, but to monthly cycle and food. Like Ramblinrose, I have found that they are very food affected. I need to eat enough and I need to eat it at regular intervals. Unlike some, low carb was disastrous for me. My then-MIL convinced me to try it for its effect on blood sugar and the related migraines. I lasted one day, then had the longest and most severe migraine I have ever had in my entire life. Never again.

Last night, I had to miss both church craft night and informal animal org transition meeting. Instead DD14 did her history homework and I did my Sunday school homework. Both the homework and my devotional reading stressed the importance of rest, Someone is trying to tell me something. When she left, I cut out the second piece of the dance skirt. There is not enough for a third piece, hope it's enough. Tonight, I need to start sewing on it. I should also get the house cleaned up and play email catchup.

Geezer kitty is taking her meds better now that she is finished with the antibiotic. She will never like taking thyroid pills, but is eating her steroid without complaint. DD's dog has serious vision issues. Vet wants him to avoid UV light, i.e. stay indoors during the day. He is not going to like this. Apparently dog sunglasses would also work, but an unsupervised dog is not likely to leave them on.

Migraine meds are making me sleepy.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:53 pm

(((Twins))) - I hope you give yourself lots of "me" time to recover from the emotional events from the last few months. Processing all that emotional happenings takes time. The fact that you were hit with one after another without time to recover makes it even harder to process them all together. (IMHO) You are very smart & self-aware. Trust yourself to know what you need.

Off and on today I have researched a OneNote issue. I think I have found a solution. Time will tell.

I've processed the meat, vegetables, and broth from the instant pot cooking. It made over 6 meals!

I had planned to help cook the meal for church family tonight but decided to stay home for my alone & quiet time. I guess that makes me one of those SELFISH people. :) DH totally supports me taking this time even though it leaves all the cooking for him to do. Everything is planned & bought for the meal. It is just a matter of cooking it all for 70 people. Our Wednesday night church group keeps growing.

Next up -
** work on paperwork. I'll copy what Kathryn does and play a movie to help me stay focused. It really does help!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:05 pm

I'm settled in back home now.

I walked over to meet dd at the bus station and we had a nice lunch. Dgs slept through the whole thing. She said he was awake when he got on the bus and then fought sleep but she got a cute video of him finally losing the battle.

We walked back to the apartment and woke him up, played with him, changed him and then fed him. Then played more, then fed him again and it was time to send him home. He was asleep by the time be got to the bus station.

I phoned dh to ask what was on the menu for dinner tonight and he did he want it. I knew whatever we had would entail a walk to the store. He decided to stick with the menu plan so I walked on to the grocery store, got what I needed and then walked home. I'm just over 10K steps for the day (after 6K and 4.5K days at the start of the week.)

I'm back at the computer. I've read the Postmistress' daughter's post announcing her death, no details on service yet. Edited to add: they just updated her facebook page with the details. Visitation on Saturday, funeral Sunday so we'll miss both.

I've spent a lot of the day thinking about my next service and sermon. Things are coming together but I need to work hard on that since I will not be home until the Wednesday night and most churches print their bulletins on the Wednesday or Thursday so the service part has to be done. In this case they put things up on a big screen. Friday is out for working on this and then I travel on Saturday so tonight and tomorrow is the only time I have to write a service and I don't know how much I'll be expected to do.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:42 pm

Thoughts and prayers for you, dKathryn, as you go through this phase of life for your dfriend of so many years.

Went to the Dr and the visit was very satisfactory. He kept telling us to try to change our insurance -not sure that I got it across that we can't do anything until late this fall. I had figured he'd probably prescribe insulin 3x a day plus the lantus. He wants me to increase the dose from 16 units to 24 to see what happens. Have to go back tomorrow for some lab work and then see him again next Thursday. Really hoping this gets me on an even track. Had to make an appointment for the lab work: 9:15 tomorrow morning. Got the one remaining appointment next week: Thursday at 4:15. Think we're going for lab and then dh and I are going to go for breakfast. First time in weeks. Can't eat till after that so will need to by that point.

Thank you, RR, will look at that site. Knew MT had lost a lot on that plan. Think my weight has finally evened out and I don't expect any drastic change in the coming weeks. Just hoping to keep that number going down. It's hard to follow some of these plans as I'm at the mercy of dd's meal plans. Dsonil continues to worry me. He finally asked dd for chocolate kisses last night. We'd hid them and forgot for a bit where they were. As expected he ate half the bag in one sitting, he just consumes one after the other. Tonight he brought home a bag of caramel chews -ate all but 2 at one 'standing'. It is worrisome since he was already diagnosed with diabetes some years ago. He then watched his diet and exercised and was finally off everything. Now he ignores it. DD has told him several times that it's not a fair lifestyle for her as she will be the one taking care of him. Hoping that now that he's happier at work that perhaps he'll get a better control over it.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:50 pm

I was wondering what food that is Elizabeth you were referring to.

I folded let last load of laundry. Yea! Glad for that progress.

Goot yhe hens ged, The sun came out double yea, kidN is here now.
I have yhe wool spun and readu to ply so happy abput that.
Will not have to worry about the Game on Sun. Do not get fox on cable here now bc of contract negoations. Our team is not in it.

I still need to exercise.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:56 pm

Kathryn, that's terrific that you will be bringing a message at your old church, and a large church as well. Very pleased for you.

Wanted to mention we have been enjoying the net flix series The Crown. It's new as of November, actually, even though one of the stars, Claire Foy, already won a Screen Actors Guild Award the other night. People are already talking about the next season. Has Matt Smith and John Lithgow as other more "name" actors, and all do very well. Since it's based on real events, of course, the first season undoubtedly had the most exciting moments to remember.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:39 pm

I am feeling very scattered. I have a dozen projects ongoing and I keep thinking of things that I want to start working on.
One. Thing. At. A. Time.

I received the evite to DGD6 Princess Birthday Party on Feb 11th (DGD6 birthday is the week of Christmas so they have her party later) Normally we stay at DSon/DDIL home when we visit, but I decided to book a room at a hotel a couple miles away from their home. I expect the 4 DGKids will want to stay with us so the indoor swimming pool will help burn off some of their energy. Four kids 10 and under in our hotel room....I have no expectations of a quiet and restful time.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:56 pm

I am sorry about the loss of your dfriend, Kathryn, along with you having so much to deal with for the other dfriend. (((BIG HUGS)))

I just messed up computer. Nothing big -- just suspect I have caused aggravations for dh.
I did the A T & T tune-up, and specifically instructed it NOT to delete passwords... BUT... it seems to have deleted this one. I mean -- it made me log in again. * sheesh * DH HATES it when that happens. * sheesh *

I guess I will go to church tonight.
DH's heart rate has slowed... but he stills feel miserable.
Tomorrow is another day.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:25 pm

Kathryn - I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. And happy about your call to preach. And the time you get to spend with dd and dgs.

hugs and prayers for all.

((MrLucylee))
((blessed))

Wednesday
I got otd to a midday mtg, then home.
marked done some of the things on my day list - lots to carry forward too.

a home day today, unless I decide to go see about
my knee - not happy today. Getting up from the door step was difficult. I've wrapped it up again. There is some swelling - imo.
a new screw for my glasses arm. My dd may be funny about my paperclip - clear rubber band solution when we go to the musical next week.
Must put ph calls on my today list.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:31 pm

I have exercised on gazelle and watched a painting show while I did that and kidN played with toy cooking utensils. I am still working h may have to cook his own dinner. h said he may be off Fri. Bc of icy weather. At least I have a bit of warning. :roll: I have the wool spun up and ready to ply have to wait till tomorrow to do that it. It took longer than I thought it would.

Dinner is done it was yummy. I have tomorrow off.

Return to “Post When You Can”