THURSDAY TA-DAs!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Elizabeth

Re: THURSDAY TA-DAs!

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:37 am

Good morning everyone! My TaDa is that I got the side seams on the dance skirt done and it is hanging up to stretch. Shouldn't hem it until you know how long it will be. That's about all I did. I realized I could not do the waistband because I had no elastic. My paycheck should be deposited by tonight, so I will get that, and groceries, like CathyS, I am in need of kitty litter. I read the wrong verse at first for my devotional, yep, another verse on rest. Now, I KNOW I am being given a message.

This morning, I was greeted by another email from the Chief Troublemaker, which I dreaded opening. I'm glad I did though. Last month, he requested authorization to euthanize a dog for a severe painful medical problem. Authorization was given, but the problem was brought under control. Now, it has recurred. I requested that he be given a standing approval for anytime the problem becomes unmanageable. There is no need for the dog to wait for paperwork! ETA: Well, that was odd! Apparently, last month's email was accidentally resent! The dog is fine! Not only is he not in pain or at the vet, he is expected at the groomers and at Saturday's clinic.

LadyMaverick's DS8 can homeschool his puppy!

Nancy: When I said my migraines were food related, it's not so much a particular food. It seems only important that I eat enough and at reasonable intervals. Except that, for me, enough has to include enough carbs. Also, I absolutely need to have sweet tea. Sugar is essential as well to prevent them. Neither Gatorade nor sodas work as well. Carbs and sugar are considered the new evil, but I feel like I have to remind people that low carb is not the cure-all people claim it is and definitely not recommended for everyone.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:22 pm

Eluzabeth thanks for that info. I get it.

I need to get going on few things, some thing any thing lol!

I took a pic of eggs and shared on fb some of the colors we are getting, so much fun. I could not get them all to show up very well so had to crop some of the brown ones off.

I have plyed all the wool yea!
Had lunch.
I've mixed up cookie dough.
Fed & watered the hens again it is up to 18* br-r.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:44 pm

Elizabeth.... migraines are a mysterious thing and we certainly prove that point. What works for me won't work for you and vice versa. And I find the same could be said of migraine meds.

I just read a migraine book review where the author, a doctor, prescribed weaning ones self off of all meds, preventative and pain, and adheard to a strict diet of no caffeine, cheeses and a host of other things. People who have tried his program have admitted that though it was tough, their results were amazing.

And as I laid in bed last night with my head pounding.... I thought..better them than me... and no dang way as I reached for my pain meds :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:05 pm

I'm spinning wheels here.

Was up too late last night trying to capture a sermon spark.

No time to post. Will walk away from my computer now since it is becoming a bad influence on me. Not sure how to proceed with my to-do tasks, though, since each one requires a computer.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:15 pm

Had labs done and I was a VERY hard stick (no surprise there). But they had even more difficulty (she called a second gal to help) because of all my bruises from the hospital. They were trying not to go where those were. They were using 2 hot packs and finally found (but only 1 stick) in my right hand. It was incredibly slow but they finally got all the vials they needed. Since my BS was still up I'm sure my A1C is not going to be anywhere near where it was in October. Hopefully it'll start coming down. Just had breakfast a little while ago and only had 1 small slice of cranberry bread toasted. BS was up to 230 by the time I was finally ready to eat. :cry:

Had excitement when we got home. Dh says, "Is that horse on this side of the fence?" as we came down the road. Oh yeah. Immediately called 911 as we're only less than a block from Main St. Sheriff finally came -he's still out there. Before owners came all 3 horses were out. I now have Polk Co. Sheriff in my phone. Different than the Lakeland 911 center. There's 3 guys out there repairing the fence now including the sheriff. They just looked at that fence last night! Never a dull moment on this street I'm thinking.

Think I'll put my feet up for a bit.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:26 pm

If I try to go no carb no white foid clean eating I get withdrawl headaches too. No fun!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:38 pm

No ta-das yet!
I did breakfast, vitamins and Bible reading, though. I guess that is sorta a ta-da. It's kind of gray and dreary here today, and definitely dark and dreary in the house. Feels chilly, too, although temp says 73 degrees. No... wait... it says 71 degrees. That isn't right, but I'm not going to bother dh with it now.
DH is napping in the recliner -- he has finally realized that yes, he CAN rest better there than lying down in bed. Still experiencing the problem of lower heart rate causing asthma-type symptoms. Not severe -- just enough that he doesn't feel comfortable lying down completely.
Well... now he has moved back to the bed. Maybe he is using his asthma inhaler.

The result of all this is that I have just given in to HIS schedule entirely, it seems, and have done NOTHING last week or this week, so far as WHB or ZONE cleaning is concerned.

I'm looking for quotes on pinterest/etc. I have a former student who is trying to raise some money and asked if I would buy a painted canvas from her. I can't find anything I really like -- there are SOOO many to choose from -- so I think I will just have her do "Great is Thy faithfulness."

I did find one from Dickens that was new to me:
EDITING --
"The sun himself is weak when he first rises, and gathers strength and courage as the day gets on."

That IS pretty fitting for my life, huh?

AND -- I have a quote from Blue Bloods that really caught my attention recently:
"The important thing is what you do NEXT."

Ahhhh... mystery solved. DH says he turned on the ac yesterday. I know it is easier for him to breathe when it's cooler in the house.

I definitely will be calling the doctor back tomorrow. Today is his off day. Tomorrow will be a full week on the meds.
This is the second heart med dh has tried, but both cause breathing difficulty and make him feel either so hyped up he is bouncing out of his skin OR so sluggish and exhausted he can't seem to put one foot in front of the other.
He feels much better when his heart rate is higher -- BUT -- that's not safe, according to doctors.
DH also says the pain med (for his arthritis) may be affecting this, so he's going to try to leave that off again. But without it (and not being allowed anything else except Tylenol) his knee pain gets unbearable.
He is just NOT a happy camper at the moment.
Last edited by lucylee on Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:45 pm

quick hi... I had the most wonderful day with d friend - I was gone from ten to now and it was fun. I have to take dd younger to apple store, then update my uncles meds, get food for uncle and his helper for dinners.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

helia

Postby helia » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:52 pm

There are some foods I could give up -- but I don't think cheese is one of them. Or peanut butter. :roll:

I've decided not to go for a jog this afternoon because (1) I took too long a lunch break and now I need time to grade exams and (2) my body is still pretty sore and tired. My jog yesterday was significantly slower than Monday's jog. I jogged 3 miles Monday, did a barre class on Tuesday which made me quite sore, and jogged 3 miles on Wednesday. And (3) I think I'm going to try for my longer jog tomorrow afternoon instead of Saturday so I can get a more timely start on my travels to my parents on Saturday. I always rest the day before a long jog.

((Mr. lucylee)) and HUGS also to all those who suffer from migraines. I actually think I do get migraines -- but without the headache, which maybe sounds weird. I've definitely gotten the visual aura, an arc of blinking lights, sometimes with color, sometimes with spots of blindness. This is sometimes followed by a very very mild headache which doesn't require anything more than a "Hmmm" from me - or not.
Glad you enjoyed the day with your friend, blessed!

TaDas! -- not much significant yet
- morning routine -- except for making the bed
- payroll
- errands: Toys R Us and BBB
- lunch
- found an address

Future TaDas!
- post office to mail dd18's glasses back to her
- make the bed
- start the crockpot
- work on NY cards
- grade exams
- prepare to host the Th. dinner crew
- host the Th. dinner crew, 6:45 - 9-ish?
- make sure the kitchen is clean

I think dh is inviting an Iranian grad student in his dept. whom he has befriended a bit to our Th. dinner. We met this guy at church, believe it or not. He was curious about our faith. I don't know if he still is or not. Anyhow, he has eaten Th. dinner with us a couple times now, and once, he took us out to the best Iranian restaurant in the area. The food was spectacular -- and there was tons of it.

I'm just making lentils with ham to be served over rice. I'll make 2 separate batches in case he doesn't eat ham. Dh was supposed to check on that for me, but I bet he'll forget.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:14 pm

LadyM, I watched the video. Such a cute kid. I watched a couple more. The boy with the backward head tic where he drops his head backward actually made me cringe, it looked so painful. Looked similar to whiplash. I watched the dr. video, the first part of it, interesting, but I gave up trying to get the 2nd part of his lecture loaded. Slow speed here.

I was interested in all this because DGS has 2 tics which have not been diagnosed as tourettes. They did eeg and said no, but I really wonder. He turns his head a bit and stretches his neck. He also does something with one arm, he stretches it out in front of him as he turns his hand counter clockwise. Both of these are done only in very slow motion, and only maybe at most a few times in an hour. No verbal.

His are "normal" enough moves that one might do the same movements if they'd been sitting still for a while and just needed to stretch a bit. The dr. did say 70% of kids get better by puberty.

DH's nephew does a sort of grunting noise pretty often. His mother smoked and probably did alcohol and/or drugs when she was carrying him. :(

Ok, my tadas. Today I went to neurologist and everything on track fine; I asked her to look at my arm and she said likely a neuroma (sp?) since it is sore, so some sort of fatty cyst on a nerve. She said I should go to my gp, but since I can't get in with her easily I'll see if it goes down in size any more. She said they diagnose by some sort of scan. It is smaller and less sore.

Stopped at store for photo frame as DH got pictures of his side of family, DGSs and DGD and got them enlarged to 5x7 and I got a double frame and we put them on the mantel. Nice. We haven't had a picture of them in years.

Have a pot of chili cooking. Smelling pretty good in here.

Return to “Post When You Can”