THURSDAY TA-DAs!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: THURSDAY TA-DAs!

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:38 pm

Made a little progress and crossed something off the list that dh's wanted me to do for a while.

Still working on something from last week's to-do list. Got to the point I had to get up to get more papers and that set my mind scattering. My distraction level is sky-high and frustrating me.

As well, my podcast player has started to randomly stop and the only way to restart is to reboot my tablet. I'm not a happy camper at all. This is an app I paid for. If it was free, I'd just delete it and move on but now I'm sinking time into trying to solve a problem that people have been reporting for years and years. Obviously, something has changed in the program. I know it isn't just my headphones because it did the same thing in the car the other day. Since I wanted to listen, I spent 10 minutes in the parking lot trying to fix it before driving home. That is not time-efficient at all!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:38 pm

TA-DA -- :D
* s/s bathrooms
-- toilets
-- mirrors
-- dh's shower
* talking to dmom now
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:49 pm

I am back home.

Ta das!
-body work
-went to grocery for dd for Sunday school project
-talked to dbro by phone and ordered glucerna for mother
-picked dd up at temple, where she had been working
-lunch in the car with her
-took her to other synagogue where she dropped off cake mix
-picked up meals for dmom
-took meals to dmom - dd went in and visited for a minute and let mother know I had a cold
-dropped off dd at temple
-home again
-texted dh to let him know I'm picking up Chinese tonight, and asked for his order

I am going to take a nap now. Just took cold meds so hopefully nasal passages clear...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:04 pm

Out for errands and the only thing to add to necessary church deposit was WF grocery stop, which is not a full grocery trip. Oh well, everything can't be efficient.

I found a lot of good-looking produce, already regret not buying a couple interesting things. But got a nice selection. A few grains, and then over to their lunch buffet. Brought home a pizza slice that turned out to be awfully greasy. :( Won't make that mistake again. It wasn't really a "garden delight pizza", but an "oily disappointment pizza". That's sad, when you realize one from the stacks in the frozen section would have been better. :roll: They are not usually like that.

Got home and truck was in driveway but HRH not in house. He had decided to walk after he came home, and walked in after I had talked to him (I thought) several times, up the stairs. I remember Tobias looking at me a bit strangely.

Irritating notice from the town that I hadn't done some paperwork that I specifically called and asked if they needed and was told, "no". As I recall, a very pleasant conversation, not rushed or confused. They are NOT on the same page with each other.

lucylee - also consider changing the filters? I was thinking if time to go over to AC, perhaps time to make sure what blows through is very clean right now, for breathing's sake.

Dcousin of the Remarkable Farm came over in his ... um .. open air golfcart/jeep something. And took me to ride bumpity bump, all along the border between us, on both sides. We agree on the line, and agree on the places he will need to place his fence away from the line to make sense. If limbs fall on his fence, I hate it, and I told him I don't want to be a stickler with him over this. But he says we have no way of knowing what's going to happen anyway, and might as well get this right when we have the chance. Also, this way he has space to work on the fence on my side better, and can keep it from growing up with weeds, etc.

Funny ya'll are talking about food today. He is going to give me some fresh-picked organic collards, mustard, turnip and spinach greens, plus carrots. (And now we do the happy dance.) Ya'll do know THOSE are the kinds of things your bodies are actually hoping you'll eat, right? :lol: prol'ly better duck and run!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:24 pm

Hmmm... probably should change filters, but we have the kind that you wash & re-use. And dh is very dependable about checking them, taking to the carwash to use high pressure to wash, etc.

I must correct the Charles Dickens' quote. Here is the actual wording:
"The sun himself is weak when he first rises, and gathers strength and courage as the day gets on."

I was on the phone with dmom for OVER an hour, but it was fine -- she sounds good, and said my duncle had been up there yesterday and they just sat and talked for a long while, just like normal people. He didn't fuss about anything. He did ask if she was going to get him a bill of sale for the car he has wanted for almost 4 years now, which she promised and then didn't want to give, and then decided she would give, etc etc... And she said yes, she was going to get that to him, she just couldn't print out the bill of sale b/c of printer problems.
So I printed one for her while we were talking, and I'll get that to her by the first of the week. She said duncle just teared up, talking about ddad, and said he just wanted to take care of that car for ddad. (But he wants to leave it at dmom's house, b/c he doesn't have enough garage space!)
Dmom said she told him she understood, and that my dbro & I wanted him to take care of it. She just asks that he makes sure it goes back to dbro & me at his death, and he & daunt have promised her it will.
Of course, with no will -- that isn't worth much unless daunt outlives him -- but still. It doesn't really matter a lot to dbro & me, but I would like for us to be the ones to say who it goes to next. It matters to ds & ddil probably more than it does me or dbro.

Speaking of migraines, I have two friends who have had the ear piercing/clip thing done, and one has expressed great success over the first few weeks since having that done.

DH is s2s now. I'm waiting on him to get out, b/c I've been playing phone tag w/ds while talking to dmom, and I don't want him to call again and not be able to get either one of us.

Waving to ALL!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:33 pm

I watched the video, too, LadyM. Such a cute little boy. But I know it must be sooo frustrating to ds8 to deal with this day in and day out. (((BIG, BIG HUGS))) for him -- AND you!!!

Dmom told me that duncle said my cousin/his niece who is now an aide in dgs's class was telling them how smart dgs is, but that she did have something of a battle of wills with him the other day, about sitting down when he was supposed to.
LOL... yep... he IS a strong-willed child, no doubt, but oh my goodness -- SHE is too! So I am VERY happy she is in his classroom now. I figure she will be inclined to bend over backwards not to show favoritism to him, and she has quite a reputation in the family for being bossy. :lol: She and her husband have also raised 3 of the most well-mannered, respectful young men I know. Her boys are ages 20-22 now -- yes, three in less than three years -- and if dgs follows in their footsteps, he will do very well indeed.

Re: that Blue Bloods quote -- that was re: when you mess up and make mistakes. One of the grown sons tells his niece that she knows what her grandfather (Tom Selleck/Frank Regan) would say -- "The important thing is what you do NEXT."
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:31 pm

Home from public school. Taking a 30-minute break before leaving for skating.

The boy with the backward head tic where he drops his head backward actually made me cringe, it looked so painful. Looked similar to whiplash.

I don't think I saw that video but it is a very apt description of DS8 new tic (started yesterday). This new tic takes my breath away when I see DS8 do it. The new tic is happening frequently today. During the mile drive to school today, this new whiplash type head jerking tic happened about a half dozen times one after another. DS8 grabbed his neck trying to stop the head jerking from happening and said there is no way he was going to school like this. I put my "Mama hat" on and insisted that he is going. I don't want him feeling like he has to hide because of the tics.

The speech therapist always comes and talks to me after DS8 session. She caught my attention (without DS8 seeing her) and silently shook her head that it didn't go well today. On the way home I asked DS8 how it went today and he said not good. I asked if his friends said anything about his tics and he said they didn't. He said they did see the tics but they didn't say anything about them. Since this is a small school I am fairly sure the majority of the kids know why DS8 is only at school one day a week. When DS8 is at school his classmates are very welcoming to DS8 and always include him in games at recess. I am thankful for that.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:33 pm

:oops: :oops: :oops: Oh my goodness: I have a "ta-da" that I never envisioned. My BS #'s just kept going up being at 188 this morning and this after Dr. had told me to start using 24 units of the Lantus. I've been saying I was doing something wrong the past few days (have new & different needles from what hospital had given me). Dh has watched me each night and I always had drops running down my leg. I'm amazed that my BS has only gotten to a little over 200! :shock: I looked at drawings in my folder from the hospital this afternoon. Asked dh to check one of the needles to see if the one part came off. Took off the outer shell but the pamphlet said the inner shield as well. Couldn't get it off at first and then wallah! Off it came and there sat the needle. I am so embarrassed that I didn't realize this but neither did dh. So tonight I think I'll go back to the 16 units that were working more or less and move my time to 9pm since I've not been getting any in several days. I couldn't figure out why I was having the indentation of the green shield and running insulin on the outside. So tonight we'll see. If my BS doesn't go down over the next couple of days and stay down I'll up it. Go back to the Dr. next Thursday.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:46 pm

YEAH Dee!!! I'm glad the confusing needles are making sense now. I have no experience or knowledge of what you are having to use now and I am 100% sure I would need someone to show me how to use them. Probably more than once!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:48 pm

Just noticed my charger to my tablet is frayed. Incase I disappear...

Phew the phone one works on it too!
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”