THURSDAY TA-DAs!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: THURSDAY TA-DAs!

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:57 pm

At supper. Theatre tonight. NFD called to say NF11 wasn't going to be at school. I had dh text back that I would bring her home if she felt sick during the field trip. They agreed to send her. Now to convince the school to let me go if she really is sick. We'll have to take the city bus home.

My guess is that she is worrying herself sick. It will be a rough day for me if I am wrong but she has been to the doctor many times and they aren't finding anything wrong.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:57 pm

Wow. I laid down to nap around 4:30 maybe, and just woke up when dh came in. In fact, when I woke up I thought it was morning somehow.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:30 pm

I was given a completely different needle, LadyM, & learned on those. Going to try again with the new knowledge about 9pm. We shall see. Dr. told me to go to 24 units so will raise it some from the 16 as I was climbing too much during the day on the 16. Wish me luck. I am going to be truly embarrassed to tell the Dr. next week. But at least we discovered it now and not weeks from now.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:15 pm

Houston - We have lift OFF!!!!!

FINALLY!! After spending 10 hours (really..I kid you not.....TEN HOURS) holding onto the wall at the skating rink, DS8 finally turned loose and skated on his own tonight. I do admire DS8 for not giving up on learning to do something just because it doesn't come easy to him. I am thankful for DS8 friends and their parents who encouraged & cheered him on the past 4 weeks. One little success after another until he finally was able to skate on his own. Sometimes the simple achievements are the best!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:42 am

We have fox on cable here again now so if folks want to see the super bowl they can. We are nit bc our team is not in it.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:58 am

Big WTG, to LadyM's ds8!
Roller skating is HARD!
I never actually learned to cross my feee over on the turns, but my daunt took me skating LOTS in my childhood.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”