First Friday for February!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: First Friday for February!

Postby Harriet » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:47 pm

Spoke too soon. dd18's real insurance agent sent 2017 verification, not 2016 verification, to other insurance agent. How can she possibly think we are requesting a reimbursement for dates that haven't happened yet? Then the other guy announced this only by email to me, and then they both left their respective offices and went home at 5 for the weekend. Sigh. Will have to start over very nicely Monday morning.

I hate to say it, but I should never have let HRH call his agent. He wasn't taking me seriously about how confusing this was and didn't spend enough time making sure she understood. I should have handled it myself, but the other guy kept saying " will your husband call his insurance agent... ..." so I went along with those words instead of just being sure it was done right.

This sat here a while, because of knock at the door.

Dstepson and dstepdil came by after having supper out. They were celebrating because - unbelievably - they have sold their old house. Already. What a strange thing. A mini 2-person bidding war happened and they got fifteen hundred more than they listed for. I have no explanation for our sons being able to sell houses so fast. I know it's a better market now for sellers, but ds did it when it was supposed to be the other way 'round. One thing that is true is that both couples work very hard on upkeep and maintenance. In fact, dstepson is downright persnickety. Or maybe that same angel dd37 insisted must be sitting on ds' roof, decided to go sit on dstepson's roof, too.

Then dstepson realized his set of keys wasn't in his pocket - yipes - so they and HRH spent 15 minutes or so with flashlights combing the lawn and driveway, and finally found them, thank goodness. Long talk with dstepdil about such serious stuff - she's worried about her mother, who wants to pick up and go live near the other sister at the beach. Very surprising.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:48 am

Freezing rain h hail w icy conditions this evening so glad we went early to do errands. I am home safe n sound. S2slippers buffed my feet.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:25 am

Cleo Marvelous is gone. She was conscious when I got home, but had not moved. She was mildly dehydrated from not drinking today. While the vet did not feel any obstruction, the symptoms were there. The key thing is: not doing well and prognosis of continuing deterioration. We decided to let her join her brother. I brought his ashes with me, so when she is cremated, they will be scattered together. I am not bringing her ashes home, she's not in them. The only reason I had Leo's is that a friend was with me when he died and she insisted and paid for it. Now, I am glad she did.

I guess my Friday F word is "in a funk". It went as well as it could. While Cleo had choice words for the vet and the vet techs, she purred at me. They offered to let me take her into a more comfortable room to say goodbye, but we stayed in the regular exam room. Why? Because Cleo does not like to be moved, that's why! She was purring. The other room would have been more comfortable for the humans, but not Cleo, who at times, could resemble a small concrete block.

Return to “Post When You Can”