The Magic of Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: The Magic of Monday

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:20 pm

It is 52* outside here now. We walked after I cleaned the coop and put fresh leaves inside! He s are out loving the weather even more than were are. Snow is quickly disappearing yea! Sun is out.

I sewed a bit, we watched half of "Finding Dory". Made muffins instead of cookies they are in the oven now. I have been thinking it is time to go back to boughten cookies for lunches and or snacks with outside yd work weather upon us and now the days getting somewhat longer.

Our weather has been changable here too. We had wind rain sun and clouds today.

I finished my sewing project.

Flood warning up in our county in the lower areas along the river.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:42 am, edited 6 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:25 pm

Just finished homeschooling for the day.

I have a rare headache that I think is coming from lack of sleep. Three hours of sleep can only go so far.

Nap or eat? I love having such simple things to decide. :)
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:42 pm

hugs and prayers for Villagers, family and friends.
And for the world in its present needs.

/Monday - /I finally dealt with about 5 put away tubs filled and never dealt with over the years.
Some to recycle, some to bin.
dd1 rang re meeting her after work Wednesday, for dinner, then musical at 7.30. Suggested her dh could take dgd and I down. (I still don't know what I'm wearing.)
read late to finish a book.

Tuesday
Woke with 30 min to otd for yoga and didn't make it. I would have been late and the room is fairly squished with people. I ate and didn't take tmeds. so still need to do take them about 11.
I should/could do some yoga now.
6 hrs in bed was not long enough. I want to go back to bed too.

I want to get to a decluttering course this afternoon. otd by 2.20
there - I could plan to be there with 10 min to spare and maybe get there on time.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:49 pm

Congratulations to LadyM's dgs19.

Lynlee, the evening of the musical sounds like a great time. Oooohh, hope the decluttering class is helpful.

Posted a photo taken of dd's entire household in one shot. Didn't need panoramic, either, lol. In members.

Maybe, maybe (I hope, I hope) I have the insurance mess straightened out. The agent didn't realize that her company's computer programs have a new default that will automatically switch to ONLY current declarations pages being sent by email. So she kept seeing clearly that she was sending 2016, but I kept seeing clearly that I was receiving 2017. :? Very easy to get testy with each other but we did NOT, since we are ladylike people :| and could hear intelligence in each other's voices that just wasn't matching the situation. There HAD to be a path out of this.. ...Patience, patience. so we kept chipping away at this puzzle until it was solved. Unfortunately, not until agent at other company had gone home again promptly at 5.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:11 pm

Getting ready for bed. It is 9:04 here but we are exhausted.

How we'll sleep is up in the air, we are both overfull. Stopped to buy more milk on the way home from dfs' just to have something to coat our tummies.

Had a wonderful evening out. It felt good to get over to the Dartmouth side of the harbour. We know our way around without a map so driving was instinctive for the most part. Dfs is in a newer subdivision well on its way out of town but it is out a street we know, then a major cross street, then his street so it wasn't too confusing and easy to get back to this side of the harbour on the only open bridge.

Dinner was excellent, my 5th or 6th time there and each time very good or excellent. It was their first time there but when dfs' wife mentioned she was going there for dinner, her coworkers gushed about it. The place was quite empty when we arrived around 5:30. Not a free seat when we left at 6:40.

Their new home is small but very cute and lots of pluses including a ton of cupboard space in the kitchen and lots of light. We had a wonderful 'apple pie bread' and I now have the recipe. It looks really simple and is just right for a dessert or tea - not too heavy but very tasty.

I should be working tonight but will head to bed now because I'm exhausted. Forgot to take my pain pills so will do that so I sleep better. Got my steps in for today so am proud of myself since they mostly came outside and it has been a bitter wind day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:44 pm

Good for you, Kathryn.

Feeling sad for DGD5, LadyM. Know how painful this injury can be but youth is definitely on her side. Hope she feels better real soon.

I'm saying WOO HOO!! :D for me. I finally have a 'before dinner' reading of BS that I can live with! It was 123 tonight. Lowest it's been at that time of day since I came home. Hoping it just keeps on this way. Maybe it's starting to gel. Have to finish getting ready for bed, close this down so I'm ready for my Lantus at 9pm. Nighty night!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”