Wet Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Elizabeth

Re: Wet Wednesday

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:21 pm

Hi everyone! I am, of course, doing reports and reports and reports. There are two new ones that no one told us they needed. We tried to get the actual users involved in generating the requirements for this project. However, their bosses told them they were not allowed to get involved. Why not? Don't they like software that does what they want? Isn't it better to get software customized to your needs rather than what the ivory tower people think you need? Especially since the cost is the same!

Tonight needs to be wet for me: much mopping, also master bath clean. Of course, there is an animal org meeting first, then dinner with at least one of the attendees. I did get the minutes and notes done last night, but not much else. I noticed as I did them that Chief Troublemaker had come up with yet ANOTHER idea for other people to do the hard work and give him the credit. He seems to think the org is his paid staff, that all he has to do is come up with an idea and all the little people will implement it for him. (While making sure he gets lots of credit, of course). We will not miss him on the board or the org in general. I wonder if he shows up tonight?

Other things I need to do tonight: look up margarita recipe, check supplies for drinks for Friday. I checked the fuse, that is not the problem with my oven. Phooey.

DeeClutter wrote:DDIL-A posted a pic of dgs4 on FB yesterday. A photo she found on her phone. Evidently dgs has mastered doing a selfie.....this one with his 'pet' dinosaur who he claims is 'alive'. :lol: "I didn't do that!" Really?

Of course he didn't! Anyone can see the dinosaur is the selfie expert.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:28 pm

I'm surprised to read about rainy and snowy weather. We had no rain yesterday or last evening but it looks like we might have some a little later. Everything is dry and needs it.

I spent some time going over last year's bookkeeping in light of what cpa told me yesterday. Talking with DH, he had some insight into our outcome this year. The bad economy is still in effect here despite being busy all year. Our busyness hides the fact that these are small little jobs in most cases and requires a lot of prep work and paperwork that doesn't reflect the lack of profit. We had to think back to when we had 1 or 2 full time employees each and every day and stopped at 40 hours a week of solid work. This was all before our recession. Even though it feels as though that has passed, it really hasn't.

When cpa was in I drove down and had the conversation about it all, paid him and brought all the forms back. I have a plan for next year but will be paying 3 times as much in estimated taxes just to cover it all... and then in 2019 our medicare will triple. I'm not looking forward to that. Just as we plan to retire we get hit with that.

2 steps forward 1 step back.

Nothing other than this done today so far. I have stuff out for dinner, dh goes to youth group tonight.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:39 pm

YEAH!!!! DS8 has an appointment with a Pediatric Neurologist. F.I.N.A.L.L.Y. The appointment is at a Children Hospital in Dallas so it requires us to drive 8 hours and spend the night but I am perfectly okay with that. Now for the wait....April 20th. DS8 is also on the list to get in earlier if someone cancels. I checked the doc rating and they show 5 out of 5 with multiple patients rating him.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:50 pm

Woot! Mama Bear got results. I'm so proud of you, LadyM!

I've got internet at the moment.

Nothing is moving out of the airport. If there was a plane at the bottom of the jetway, I'd not be able to see the tail in the fog.

I phoned dd and had her book us a hotel at the airport. I have another hour before I have to make a decision to cancel without penalty. Flights are being cancelled one at a time. So the one home before us was cancelled but ours is still supposedly going. But nothing is landing so the plane to take us home can't be coming in even though it is in the air right now. It could land in Moncton, NB (that's a common occurrence.

I got the poem written and sent along with the opening prayer which will have to be projected. I gave the church secretary my cell phone number so she can text me with anything else I need to send her (since internet is spotty - understandable because everyone is trying to rebook their flights.)

We have seats in the lounge and have run an extension cord to our chairs so I'm recharging my computer now. The lounge has healthy food, plus I still have my peanut butter and cream cheese from the breakfast bar so am having that on an apple.

So in general, life is good.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:06 pm

H just called ob his way home just after lunch no work roads are to messy to send trucks out so the boss sent everyone home. Dgd is better now that she is crocheting a chain & watching tunes. I got 4 bags ready for draw strings. Have started a pot holder.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:10 pm

HOORAY for LADYM!!! I am sooo sooo happy to see this good news! :D :D :D
(((BIG HUGS))) for DS8! (((BIG HUGS))) for you too, LadyM!

Well, it's not wet here. It was yesterday.
I would more accurately name the day WORTHLESS WEDNESDAY for myself & dh, b/c that certainly describes our condition.

Another sleepless night for dh, led to a mostly sleep-in day for both of us.
Sooo anxious for him to see the cardiologist, and dreading it to, b/c what if a THIRD medicine doesn't do the trick?
Nope -- not going to think that way. This doctor WILl find some combination of meds that dh can tolerate and finally dh can relax and get back to doing his normal routine.

Hope you get home soon, Kathryn.

Our busyness hides the fact that these are small little jobs in most cases and requires a lot of prep work and paperwork that doesn't reflect the lack of profit.
(((Harmony)))

Anyone can see the dinosaur is the selfie expert.

:lol: Thanks for making me LOL, Elizabeth!

my first colonoscopy. He says he can get me in with the best Dr. for that. Oh. joy.

(((Helia))) But I can certainly join those who swore it was not so bad. Especially if you can get them to give you the pills for prep. I don't think I could have gotten down the drink, but with the pills, I was fine, and the procedure was NOTHING. Everybody was RIGHT.

Neat idea to shovel snow, Nancy. I wish I could come up with fun things with the dgrands here. Of course, one IS a little bit limited with a 14-month old.

DDIL's schedule changed, for the time being, and it looks like I will not have them overnight, but only for a few hours Thursday, and then about 8-10 hours Friday evening & Saturday evening. Schedules are ALWAYS changing in ds & ddil's worlds, so we have learned to be flexible, I guess, but this works better for us, too.

DS8 had changed the - symbol into a + symbol on all the subtraction problems!!!

:D Thanks for another LOL, LadyM!

Brrrr, (((Dove)))! Hope the snowstorm doesn't cause any major problems for your area!

Waving to ALL!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:11 pm

I am back from my hair appt, getting groceries and running some errands. Hair cut and color is great as usual - after getting groceries I went to two banks (one for dmom, one for dd), had lunch at Subway and walked through Michaels and HobLob.

I've been sitting here cooling my heels since I got home, but need to get busy again. I got up on the late side this morning and didn't get so much done before I left earlier.

-finish putting away groceries, clear kitchen counters
-make the bed
-start a lol
-bring in ordered item from front porch
-bring in recycling bin from street, and a Michaels bag from car

First round.....poof!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:47 pm

I am home from another day on the roads between here and Brampton. Almost as soon as I got to the hospital this morning, my phone battery decided it needed to be recharged... so a couple of short but sweet phone calls and I turned it off.

Dh and I are having rotis tonight from dh's favourite roti place in Oakville. I mention place names so the rest of you (other than Kathryn) can look them up if you wish to.

MIL was a lot more responsive today, which isn't saying much as she is rather drugged up. She called me by dh's previous wife's name. She was also saying that the hospital she was in in December was a different one, even though it wasn't. Then the nurse brought her some pain relief... no wonder she was so stoned!! (Hydrocodone, I think)
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:03 pm

Glad you were able to speak with MIL, however briefly, Cathy.

That round is done. I am going to read the morning paper and then start another round:
-straighten MBR and bath
-sweep kitchen floor
-fold a lol from the dryer, move washer load over, and start a load that will hang to dry
-water plants, some outside too
-sync my phone to computer

Supper will be meat load and roasted broccoli. I don't know whether dh will be home for supper but dd will be here to eat, and ds will appreciate food in the morning or tomorrow.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:16 pm

So dgd gets a tummy ache after eating animal cookies wondering if it is a sensitivity to flour / wheat. Oh never mind she was okay after pretzels.

Lucyl. You hwve time!

We got 3-4" of white stuff no rain that was a fake weather forecast.

Found 3 more bigger bags I had made up adding them with the others.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”