Thrilling Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Ramblinrose

Re: Thrilling Thursday

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:56 am

Morning y'all....

I am up and have most morning routines done. I will be spending my day at my desk and on the phone. My sons wedding is April 22. He and my future dil have planned a Friday night gathering in lue of a rehershal dinner. They are treating their wedding as sort of a destination one since most guesses will be traveling to Dallas for the wedding.

With that in mind they decided that the Friday Gathering would be a wonderful way to greet out of area guests and personally thank them for coming, and want to keep the evening very causal. The room where the event will be held is in the hotel where most of the guesses will be staying. This will make easy access for all and guest can come and go according to how they feel.

I am responsible for the Mexican cafe style table decorations... so now the fun starts with cordinating table cloths, flowers and such all from long distance. Also my son came to me with a very emotional request. He asked that I put a slideshow together for that night.

My son is an "A" type personality, but he also has a very emotional soft side. We share a special bond as many single moms and sons do. We navigated his tough childhood together while he lived with his feet straddling two worlds...his father made money to give give love and I had none so became the "memory maker" instead. It has served me well.

My son is only totally focused on three things... Thur night the four pairs of parents...both kids have divorced parents...will all meet for the first time. Dil's parents lives are drama filled with one side acting like children. You would think they would put their daughters happy day as a priority, but y'all know how this goes. I hate it for the kids, but I am staying clear of it.

My gift to the kids is to make this time as special and as stress free as I can.

The other two focuses for my son is Friday's nights slideshow and the wedding ceremony it's self. Don't really know why this slideshow is so important to him, but I know it is and I am honored he has asked me to do it. My son will be four days shy of his 36th birthday. He has never been married and has waited long time for this woman.

I am also getting ready for my trip to Fla. next week. It's a combind time of fun for me. I will spend time with my bff who lives in Orlando and we will both attend my fdil wedding shower outside of Ft Myers.

Second cup of coffee done...off to start my day. It's gonna be 84* here this afternoon. Not sure I am ready for that but it will be good to get outside for a while :D
Last edited by Ramblinrose on Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:59 am

A long night with being up/down multiple times with DS8 and puppy. DS8 sleep walking is eerie to deal with when I am half awake. It startles me to wake up and find him standing beside my bed as I sleep. Last night I woke up 3 different times to find DS8 standing beside my bed. The last time I put him in bed with me. He doesn't sleep walk when he is sleeping in our bed.

Recently DH has found DS8 by the front door sleep walking. Another night I had got up to go to the bathroom and found DS8 standing beside my bed when I came back. I remained quiet and observed DS8. He just stood there not making a sound. He had his eyes open and was looking at the bed where I normally sleep. After a few minutes of watching him just standing there, I guided him back to his bed. DS8 never remembers anything that happens when he is sleep walking.

Besides the multiple sleepwalking incidents, I was also up twice with DS8 because he is getting sick. A headache, fever, and sinus drainage are his main symptoms....so far. DRat! Tomorrow we are supposed to leave for our weekend trip. We will just have to wait and see how DS8 symptoms develop before making a decision to cancel the trip or not.

Homeschool is on hold because I'm letting DS8 sleep. I will make the decision about DS8 going to lunch, recess, and speech at public school today when he wakes up. Either way, I will still volunteer 3 hours this afternoon at school.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:04 am

I am thrilled to say I am home.

I'm not thrilled to say we don't have internet.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:10 am

That's a good order, Twins (dMom and then dfriend M with wine). :D

Went to take sheets out of washer to put in dryer and couldn't open the washer. As I looked it didn't look like they had washed. Dh sheepishly said he hit 'delayed wash' by mistake and then tried to wash them. I messed with the switches a little and finally got it started. Meantime I folded the clothes from the dryer that I had laundered for dsonil 2 days ago. I'm sure he drives dd to distraction very often. And I'm also sure he's pretty glad when we go north and he can live just the way he wants to. :? Not that he's ever objected to us being here (thank goodness) nor does he object to dd spending her summer (6 weeks) up north. He lives out of the dyer and uses the dining room as his catch all for ALL his clothes and doesn't have to recycle while we're all gone. :lol: Then dd deals with the issue of knowing he has diabetes and refuses to acknowledge it and eats sweets like they're going out of style. For instance last night he insisted she had hid cookies in our room -which she hadn't. So he wanted her to get more for him. Know he ate several pieces of chocolate when he got home from work and then proceeded to eat half the package of cookies. I pray for him that he will recognize what he's doing to his body. Now how did I get on that tangent?

Folded dsonil's clothes and have been picking up the dining room table a little at a time. Feel quite good this morning. Should go out for at least some semblance of a walk I guess. Didn't get in as many steps yesterday -only about 6,700. But I felt more tired yesterday. But I have a good start on today -up to 1,000 so far. Have to say how impressed I am with how many steps Kathryn gets in even in all her freezing, snowy, icy weather. YGG! Oh! in the meantime I see dKathryn is home! Relieved to see that you don't have to live through the 'thrills' of NOT making it today.

Hope DS8's symptoms are clear today, Lady M. RR, you're going to be so close! Be sure to wave as you pass Lakeland on your way to Ft. Meyers. Hmmm. ....OTOH, you may not be coming this way at all but diagonally across the state. Guess that would be closer. At any rate, have a good visit to FL.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:38 am

Good morning everyone! Neither the Chief Troublemaker nor his cronies were at the meeting, which we started by accepting all their resignations! We also voted to discontinue the separate but more equal cat program after its only cat is placed. Deputy Troublemaker has taken the large cat condo she was in. It was donated to our org and we sent tax receipts to the donor, so it really is a theft. Pres does not think we will get it back. I am all for reporting it stolen. In the past, she has taken things (always cat related) from the org's storage unit, decided without consulting anyone that they were unneeded and donated them to other orgs. Last time she did that, we made her retrieve the items from the other org. If DT bails on the last cat, those of us in the separate but less equal program will take care of her. Meeting accomplished and dinner with friend eaten. I didn't have much time to do anything else, but did get the LR chair and sofa cleaned.

This morning, during carpool, I finished the sleeves of the sweater I am working on. All that is left is add a few more inches on the bottom and weave in ends. Next up flowers for a friend's sweater, then start on Christmas project.

Tonight, I have DD14. Then I must do LOLs, cleanup for houseguests tomorrow, and grocery.

I am so glad LadyMaverick's DS8 has an appointment.

Perhaps if DeeClutter's SIL(?) knew what happened to a friend's husband who ignored his diabetes, he might make some changes. An organ very important to men became no longer able to perform its fun function. Diabetic neuropathy is not just for fingers and toes!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:14 pm

Very true, Elizabeth, but I doubt he cares since it's (TMI) not an issue anyway. He sleeps in the recliner because of back issues -which in mho would be better if he got the diabetes under control and lost quite a bit of weight. Way TMI. :? :roll:

Got my hair washed. Oh it's past time to put the sheets in the laundry twin. Off to do that.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:54 pm

Dh is now on the phone with tech support for the internet problem. The modem from them works if dh's laptop but if the router is plugged in, it doesn't give us access to the internet. A head scratcher.

I have work to do online and working from my phone is less than optimal.

A load of laundry is done and I have unloaded the dishwasher. Also unpacked.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:02 pm

So dgd#3 is here now still a bit under the weather. I need to s2s. Had to wait got 2 loads washed first. Sheets next waiting on the dryer. Then sewing time & gazelle or ex. Time. Done. In no particular order. Poof. ...
k in c glad U are home yea!
Time to flip the clothes.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:06 pm

Good luck, Kathryn, with that one. I hesitate to ask but assume you unplugged everything? Obviously something occurred during your trip.

I am beyond 'thrilled'. My prior authorizations arrived in the mail today for both the Primary Dr and the Kidney Dr. here. I was ready to call up home to my own Dr to tell her they'd arrived but started and ended on 2/1/17. Went to get my insurance card out and thought to myself, "Self, you should read that again." Glad I did before I called :oops: They both said, "start date: 2/1/17; End date:[b] 2/1/18[/b]I'm beyond thrilled -it will cover me for the rest of this trip and well into next year if I have to see either one. Next is to get a recommendation for a cardiologist here.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:10 pm

((Dee's family)) re: dsonil's "blinders" against his health needs.

((Kathryn and Ken)) for getting home to lack of communication with the world. Sure am glad to hear some refunding happened, though.

Nancy and LadyM, thinking of little ones in your care, feeling sick or hurt. Hope there are lots of bright spots for them.

Elizabeth, I was trying to understand - you mean a piece of (for want of better word) large furniture made specifically for small animals' needs? Donated for tax-exempt organization's use, with tax receipt given, and now just goes to this person? Yipes. If it is worth it to cut ties, that is understandable - you may actually be better off in the long run. But if, in the future, you have to warn against dealings with this person again, remember it wasn't returned.

I can't believe I went out into this terrible wind today - it is whipping up well into the 20-something mph numbers and I personally think almost to 30 in gusts. Good gracious. But I felt so obligated to get to bank and PO on behalf of church. Thought about trying to combine other errands, but while out decided against it. Trying to go in and out of buildings seemed chancy. Things blowing about.

Return to “Post When You Can”