Thrilling Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Thrilling Thursday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:30 am

If we don't get out of here this morning we are in for a thrilling few days.

Big storm coming in.

What thrills will you have today?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Thrilling Thursday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:40 am

At the lounge.

Dh has just gone to try and get us seats on the plane. Seriously, they refunded the seats last night saying they would would would put us on the flight automatically but didn't assign us seats. So we are checked in but stand by. Sigh. The luggage check lady said it would not be a problem and not to worry.

Slept fitfully. Got off fine, our limo was waiting for us when we got downstairs. Limo is the same price as taxi but last night it was the next car at the taxi rank and he offered to take take us us back today. I have his card for future trips. Nice young man
. He and his brother share a Town car. And keep it immaculate. I was glad to give him the business.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:59 am

Hi!!

Garbage and recycling were out. I had an alarm set, but turned it off and continued to sleep. Woke up and threw on some clothes and a coat and got that large green garbage bag down the driveway with moments to spare! It was a bit of an adrenaline rush. Recycling has now made it to the end of the driveway as well. I also decided to burn the burnable trash as there was some wind, but not much. Our closest neighbor leaves for work before 7, so nobody to complain if there is the smell of paper and wood burning.

I think I am making chicken cacciatore for supper in the crock pot. I have to make something for supper, and that comes to mind. Either that or a casserole that has to be in the oven at 2:30 and I haven't decided whether or not I am going to see MIL today. Her friend that dh doesn't like will be there. Hmmm...

I have the option of joining my friends for stitching at 10.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:01 am

I am absolutely thrilled for you d Lady... very happy you got an appointment with the neurologist! So happy for you all.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:04 am

hope you all had a wonderful day yesterday!

have fun with your stitching friends d cathy, if you decide to go. how fun.

so frustrating d kathryn. Best wishes on getting seats you want and that you have wonderful flight.

Wishing you all a thrilling Thursday!!! have a great day.

heading out soon to uncles to continue the process. Then later going to d mil

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:16 am

I woke up on time @ 5:15 bs was acceptable. Hens have been fed & watered. I have pay roll in the pm. Journal done. Time for more coffee. 38* here melting snow but is not all gone. I need a plan for dinner.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:37 am

Hope your day is only "thrilled" by being able to get home, Kathryn.

I'm thrilled to almost have pages (& pages) printed out for Dr visit today. Had to print out fax forms so he can order 3-month prescriptions for me -if in fact he's ready to do that. Have a feeling some meds will be changing yet again. At least the Lantus seems to be just about under control and I'm 'thrilled' at that. But I'll be embarrassed to tell him how we were 'goofing' on the needles for several days, resulting in my getting no insulin at all. :oops: BS was 106 this morning -highest it's been in several days first thing. I am taking the 24 units that he prescribed at my last visit last Wednesday. I printed out my BS from the time I got home and I'm sure he'll see the downward trend. Blood pressure still isn't quite where I'd like it but we'll see.

Have to get my hair washed and do up the dishes. I stripped 1/2 the bed this morning and let dh finish that job and he has the sheets in the washer.

Dh has a meeting at church (Trustees) at 1 and I have my Dr appointment at 4:15. See the kidney Dr next Tuesday morning. Hoping for some good news from him. I would gladly go back on the pills but probably will never be able to take the Metformin. I also take Glipizide morning and evening.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:48 am

Weather has turned cooler again here - high today only 45. Yesterday was in the sixties and muggy.

I have my usual Thursday run to see dmom today; later I am visiting with dfriend M over a glass of wine.

Must get moving....
-breakfast and meds
-wash up, brush teeth, get dressed
-clear kitchen counters, empty dishwasher
-make the bed
-am I cooking supper tonight?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:55 am

d lucy I am been thinking of your d grandson and his struggle with transition time to other classrooms/activities. Have they tried to have visiting with those teachers one on one a couple times a week... maybe the gym teacher play one game, letting him play with her for a small bit... 15 -20 minutes. Art teacher - doing a drawing ... or helping for a short time a couple times a week to get him friendly with those environments without all the sensory/social issues. His mom or dad can visit with him or his trusted teacher. That might reduce his reluctance in transitioning to new rooms/activities.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:55 am

hi d dee
hi d twins
hi d nancy

Return to “Post When You Can”