Saturday Sharp as a Tack

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Lilac

Re: Saturday Sharp as a Tack

Postby Lilac » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:22 pm

The hair care set is called Reviv3 Procare. It says that it is a safe, drug-free way to improve the health of your scalp, reduce hair loss and promote healthy hair growth. Is also says that it will grow healthy hair that is 3X stronger in 30 days. I noticed that it says use daily. After years and years of daily shampooing, I now shampoo every other day. Mainly to keep my hair color from fading so fast. Guess I will still shampoo every other day and expect stronger hair in 60 days. :lol: :D I am still so happy with my haircut. Even after sleeping on it, it is ready for the day without doing anything but brushing it. I just hope I can style it as well as dgd20 did. I have always thought to be a great hair stylist, you have to have the knack for it and it is hard to just learn it and be good. Dhs oldest dsis was a wonderful stylist for many, many years. Before we moved away from family, she was the only stylist who cut my hair for years. She would always cut it at her house. She hated to clean out her refrigerator, throw away science projects and wash the containers. So I cleaned her fridge, she cut my hair and we were both happy.

Yesterday while dgd20 was doing my hair, I could see the girl behind me in the mirror, cutting her dms hair. After watching her, I feel like she proved my theory that you have to have the knack to be good. Her dm came in with the most chopped looking haircut ever. She must have cut it for her, the last time. So the girl proceeded to cut her hair and when she thought she was done, it looked the same just a little shorter. The instructor showed her what she had done wrong and totally reshaped it. From the back it looked good. Lo and behold the instructor went on to someone else and that girl started cutting her dms hair again. With in minutes, it looked chopped again. Again the instructor came back and tried to show her what to do and you could tell she just didn't "get" it. Later I talked to dd2 and was telling her about it. I told her who the girl was and she was horrified. She had had this girl in class and said she is super smart plus a very talented artist. The girl has a younger boyfriend and dd2 said she must have decided rather than go to a university, that she would stay here for him. Dd2 said that she had always expected great things from this girl because of her various talents and never expected her to be a hair stylist. If what I saw yesterday was any indication, that girl missed her calling, big time. Of course, this is all just my humble opinion, but was very interesting to watch.

Yesterday dh grouted around the toilet. He also messed with the tub faucet before deciding he better let the expert fix it. Today he is installing the new door and frame.

It is to be in the 70's today, so he is grilling steak tonight.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:28 pm

I just checked A-river and that hair care trio is available there at the price of 45.97 opposed to the 49.00 that I paid. It is also a prime product. Is there anything that A-river doesn't carry????

I looked on ebay and they have it for anywhere from 39.95 to 60 something all with free shipping.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:36 pm

Hi everyone!

Thanks to my last name, I'm always S h a r p e. :lol: Sorry.... couldn't resist... :lol:

I cooked the beef roast this morning. Dh had a meeting to go to for work that was one of those, "be there, or be unemployed" types of meetings. ~SIGH~

In approximately an hour from now, we are headed up to see my MIL and after that we are going to a derby double header.

IF I am not to tired and cranky, I will post an update on MIL after we get home. I don't do internet posting on my phone. (Mostly because I don't know how.)
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:44 pm

Looked at the product online. It it too expensive for me.

My stylist carries Redken and Keratase products. There was a great 'aging' hair Keratase that I bought (about $25 for a tube) and I liked it but didn't want that price. Redken came out with something and I used that because it was cheaper but then they discontinued it. Because Keratase, and Redken are owned by L'Oreal, I decided to look for a product by them thinking it might have similar research. I used their product for a while but it was only available in the US and I think it has been discontinued. It promised resistance to breakage and I did notice a difference rather quickly. I simply ran out of the shampoo and didn't bother getting any more.

My stylist had a HUGE bottle (for the hair wash station) leftover after Redken discontinued their stuff so I bought that and am using that up, along with cheaper Dove brand stuff to control frizz. I shampoo first with the cheaper stuff, then the good stuff and use a Dove routine conditioner. I also have a L'Oreal conditioner for once a week or so. Like Lilac I shampoo every second day.

My hair looks fabulous again. I hadn't realized how dull it was getting until I started drying it and it is so shiny and sparkly (the grey is dyed blonde so provides highlights and my brown looks shinier from the henna coating).

Not sure what I will do next. House cleaning is what is needed. But I donwanna.

Edited to add: I researched thinning hair shampoo in preparation for running out of what I'm now using. Might try Argon Oil based shampoo next time.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:15 pm

Jeep fluids are fine yea we are both breathing a sigh of relief. Yea!
Great weather here just a few snow "crumbs" in back. h was not able to get gloves after work so I have offered to go with him on the condition he stoped by the thrift shop so I can look for some red /pink yarn & other colors for pupoet mouths and look around. Journaling is done.

Good news I have survived the week! Hoping it is the last snow week!

Truck is not being worked on today the guy hurt his shoulder. :roll:

8-) Love the sunny day,
I was up in the nite w ddog got to see the full moon. :mrgreen:

Beauty shop talk I was a beautician, chemical treatments harm hair. Hair is mostly protien so to gave good hair eat protien! Thydoid meds help too. I have great hair now had thinning hair before I got the Rx. That said I heed to see my "colorist". Kids here so much I did not get to it.

helia

Postby helia » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:29 pm

OK, you ladies managed to lure me out of my lurking mode. LOL Cathy! I just love your wit! Have fun at the derby and I hope things go well with you mom.

Lilac and Kathryn, I just ordered my hair product, a wax? by pureology, on A River and it arrived this past week! It cost about $24 for 3.4 ounces. I can't remember exactly what my hairstylist friend charges but it is similar. I was running out and won't get to my friend for another 6 weeks so I checked -- and sure enough, A River had it!

What a great activity, Twins! I hope it goes well. Will they feed you traditional Middle Eastern foods? We rub shoulders with Muslims here regularly, perhaps because of the big University where there are a number of Muslim professors and students. My kids went to school with Muslims; in fact, one of the top students in ds' class was Middle Eastern Muslim -- and super smart. He went to Harvard. My English school has a lot of Muslim students too. We're also near to one of the (or the?) largest Muslim populations in this country in a suburb of the D City. They have some fantastic ethnic restaurants there!

Oh, that poor girl, Lilac, if she gave up her gifts for her boyfriend. I know several hairstylists that are very sharp; my previous one had an art degree. My current on, my friend, is very insightful. I love talking with her when I get my haircut. It's sort of a haircut appointment/coffee date rolled into one.

Hello everyone! Considering I've been up for nearly 5 hours, I have been super unproductive. LOL! I have
- fed the dogs
- checked email
- reclaimed the kitchen
- had some qt
- looked over possible listings for our stay in Adelaide
- s2s-ed
- sorted laundry and washed 1 load
- started lunch

Dh has just come back from a run, so we're going to look at housing options together.

This afternoon, I'm going for a jog; I'll try for 5 miles. I also need to buy dd18 a Valentine's Day something and get it in the mail, so I'll probably go to the post office place as well. I might take care of the oil in one of our cars; they both need to be changed. I will probably get some more NY cards in the mail too. I'm almost done with that. :roll:

Tonight is dh's annual department dinner.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:14 pm

Got the vacuuming done and a bit of tidying. Also cleaned out the beater bar on my powerhead since it was full of my hair.

Had a decent lunch and watched another episode of The Crown. I feel like binge watching but will try and interest myself in something else to do.

I'm finding the time tracking interesting. So far it is working for me. Although I realize I haven't tried it without being connected to the internet.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:00 pm

In what 'are the odds' category: We took a very large tray of chocolate chip cookies to the fire department. And lo' and behold the same crew was on that I had at midnight the night I went in the hospital. It was extra special being able to thank them for literally saving my life. (And being able to tell them that I was later very near death with the kidney failure. I am so thankful btw). They were quite surprised to learn I was in the hospital for 10 days though. We had quite a conversation.

Trying to research hearing aids online for dh. Right now he has nothing/notta. It is reflected in how loud he has things and how loud he's talking.

We went to M ellow M ushroom for lunch....Yum. I had about a 1/3 of a house calzone. It was yummy and I have enough for at least 3 more meals. DD got the same thing. We know that in the future if we want the same thing we'll order one and share it. Went to S am's first and I was able to get dh 3 pairs of denim shorts that he likes. We've looked for them for over 2 years with no success. Called dfriends as I know they too have looked for themselves. Asked if they wanted us to pick up some and yes they did. We were only able to get 2 pair for him but at least it's something.

Need to go walk a little bit. DD and dsonil were going to go to Ormond Beach for an overnight but then decided they'd really like to be able to go for 2 nights. Then dsonil remembered his dmom's birthday is tomorrow. So they're going to wait. DD suggested to him that he might want to open a separate savings account and put his overtime earnings in there toward something he wants. He really liked that idea and we think it'll make overtime much more attractive to him than if the earnings are just going into the general 'pot'.

I made chili for dinner last night but dd/dsonil decided to go out for a date night. So dh and I had it last night and guess what's for dinner tonight........

Thanks, Lilac. Will research it.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:22 pm

Dee - can you turn his phone into a hearing aid? there are apps for that.

Dd and family's trip this weekend is two-fold - marking exams for dsil and attending a wedding. She just posted a picture of dgs in a tux and SHOES. He looks adorable. He's propped up on a sofa, leaning back into the pillow so it looks like he's just reclining back in a smoking jacket. All that's missing is a pipe.

I'm having a snack. I did get the dusting done and the load of laundry folded and put away so there's been more progress here. The time tracker is also creating accountability.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:52 pm

Hmmmm....Kathryn, did not know this.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”