Monday ... a new week... new goals... new adventures!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Monday ... a new week... new goals... new adventures!

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:35 am

Happy Monday to you!!! I love the excitement of Monday... to be it's like getting new school supplies before school started.. it's all fresh and ready for a new adventure.

Look at the week as a child would - they are always learning, always amazed and appreciate the smallest things. I hope your week is like that...

where can you add joy and play to your week.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: Monday ... a new week... new goals... new adventures!

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:39 am

for me:
d mil is in the hospice but she has so much joy as we have all been there (I mean all lol). We as a family are still solid and are enjoying sharing our time with her and each other. So much good is happening in that little hospital room.

I am heading to hospital soon and then I have class.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:16 am

Up and waving to Y'all...

Had to be up early this morning as I needed to schedule a chest X-ray for sometime today. Saw the Dr on Sat and wants me to have one. Lung capacity is good but lungs still hurt. We both are suspecting Valley Fever which is a fungal infection found in desert sand and dirt. Hope not, but would explain a lot of things.

Need to jump into the shower and get moving.... later taters
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:23 am

Dniece and family in CA were among those evacuating from the possible dam burst. She said about 11:30 last night that traffic was gridlocked. Later she posted that they were safe with another dniece. Praying for all those in that path. I guess the CA drought is over?

Been trying to make out our grocery list and going there pretty soon. Been trying to make out my February "to-do's" and need to get a lot of those done.

I would like to really clean the living area today. It is very, very dusty and now have the s wiffer in hand to lessen that. Dh will vacuum at some point. Know I'm not ready to do that. I do plan to buy a s wiffer floor duster today to do the kitchen/dining area. Know I shouldn't really be sweeping but figure I can push one of those around. Then maybe dh will mop. This ceramic tile gets so spotted here. A lot is from the dog. She's a very messy drinker. Then she tracks in a lot from the outside sand. (It is sand here and not dirt like up home.)

A new week! Alright I like that. Hoping to get a lot crossed off this week.

Tomorrow I see the kidney dr. and I'm hoping he clears me on that end. Supposedly my primary care office is supposed to fax over my lab results (which DID have my kidney function tests on them! Receptionist told me they didn't. But Dr. gave them to me on Thursday -they were actually on a 2nd page.) Also told me I was mildly anemic. That surprised me a little. Although through my life I have had episodes of that -but more before my hysterectomy over 38 years ago.

Good job, Kathryn!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:40 am

Clarification:

Last night Lucylee quoted me about President Carter. My post had been meant in response to Twins over in J&C and I deleted it from the wrong thread while Lucylee was writing her response. But rather than copy it to move the post, I deleted it and was too tired to repost where it belonged so gave up and went to bed. Which made Lucylee's comment look out of place.

And yes, Lucylee, I have responded to you over in J&C! And Carter was my favourite president (at this point, Obama may grow on me as time goes by) but apparently he is judged to be one of the worse in my lifetime or at least most ineffective.

I'm up and apparently slow moving. Tea and chocolate is done. Despite 11" of snow, school is happening today (glad I'm not volunteering!) The roads don't look too bad, plows were out from the beginning of the storm and seem to have kept up with it. Nova Scotia is having a blizzard to last 36 hours. With high winds. Some parts will get over 2' of snow and they have over 1' already. Dfs and wife are hunkered down at their house. They have a high ranch style home and the snow has drifted onto their back deck so you can't see there is a 4' drop from the door to the ground.

I've done the planning for the week. At this point only today and Wednesday are free but dh wanted to go to a movie this morning so I should get moving. He's picked one I want to see (the McDonald's one.)

Edited to add: Sunlight!!!!! A welcome sight.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:17 am

I am up have had breakfast. Slept in and animals have been fed as well. H took eggs to work 4 doz. This week. I slept in. I am looking forward to art & craft adventures got new art supplies yesterday so that will be fun. I did not get to Joann's so that is still on my list. I enjoyed the sunrise this morning. I have asked for the other truck to be parked by the bush we are taking out so I can load the branches easier. H. Did that. 22* 46* todays temp. Range. I have another puppet nearly done it just needs mouth & eyes. I need to test out the new iron.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:31 am

Still at the keyboard. (Bad SHE).

MF wrote, sending me his sermon and prayers from yesterday so I can build my sermon on the foundation he's set. Haven't read it yet!

It occurred to me to do the same for the minister where I preached yesterday so that's been done.

Now to s2s!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:16 pm

I've been up since around 8:15. I've read the paper, had breakfast, surfed online and done a bit of a.m. routine. Also talked to dd who is home today and talkative. We got caught up. I also did around of cleaning out "Saved" articles on Facebook (I tend to save a lot for later reading or perusal, so I periodically review and delete or save to pinterest or Evernote.

Yes, Kathryn, I was confused about the Jimmy Carter reference in PWYC this morning!

I'm going to see where I am on transferring and referencing photos from FHL (Family History library) last month.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:40 pm

Just realized it wasn't just our one niece & family, but another niece and dxsisil as well -all of whom evacuated to a 3rd nieces house. They were all locked in traffic for some time. So very thankful that they made it safely and have been praying for the thousands of others who have had to evacuate.

Feeling much better today than yesterday. Seem to have one of those 2 or 3 step back days every few days. Dh and I just got back from W mart -my first time there in over 5 weeks. I only spent $57 so pretty good. Then got gas for $2.10/gal. Know that's not so good for Elizabeth but for us, it is. Like trying to decide whether to pray for snow/ice up home for ds-A's good or not to for the rest of our friends and family.

Was very interested to read about dd18, Harriet, and her weekend home. WTG, big brother! How's he doing with the cell phone? My screen cover is cracked as well so will need a new one of these days soon.

Want to call my friend at the Dr's office up home to ask about Lantus pen needles. Want to see if there's an even smaller needle. Seem to be having trouble giving myself this one. Not only hurts giving it, but continues to hurt for some time after. But will wait until I see the kidney Dr. tomorrow to see what he says about me eventually going back on the glipizide. Doubt if I'll ever be able to go on the Metformin (but I think I'm going to be able to control it with just the glipizide as my weight continues down and I DO expect it to keep going down. I'm really working hard at it.) Saw a number today that I haven't seen in years.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:18 pm

Good morning! My party went well Friday. There were only 3 families in attendance, because others were out of town, but we enjoyed ourselves. The dance Saturday went ok. I could not find the paper with the choreography so did not get to review it beforehand. The teacher messed up too! Well, we are a beginner class, and for a $5 cover charge, you get to see several classes of various levels and the professional troupe that owns the place. The Monday choreography workshops are not active yet, so no dance class. Sunday, I visited my xBFF and that went well. The only problem is that when I went to leave, it was SNOWING! Neither of us expected that. DD14 got a snow delay, I did not. I was the carpool driver today, too. And just to make life really peachy, my XM radio is big time on the fritz. I have started the sewing room declutter and cleanup. It looks like the remaining cat from the separate but less equal cat program will be adopted, so Deputy Troublemaker can LEAVE.

At payroll, it is all reports, all the time, as expected. I have some DPCs (some done), emails (all done), and some instructions from the financial advisor to print. Tonight's essentials are: pick up thank you gift pie, get extra electronic key for car, buy another XM radio, and groceries (can't skip the last - need more tp). There are many other chores awaiting me when I get back to the house.

DD14's birthday is coming up on the 15th and that is always a hard time for her. First, she gets to endure valentines day, where popularity levels become very obvious. She quit having birthday parties after she had one at a primo place and only one person showed up. I wish valentines day would cease and desist. For many, it is just sad. For me, it was always annoying. I don't know anyone who actually LIKES it. Except maybe florists and chocolatiers.

Return to “Post When You Can”