Monday ... a new week... new goals... new adventures!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Lilac

Re: Monday ... a new week... new goals... new adventures!

Postby Lilac » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:20 pm

The plumber has come and gone. We now have a working shower. Have made a list and we are going after what we hope ???? will be our final purchases for bathroom remodel. I have an $8 tube of caulk that needs to be returned and we hope to find a closer color replacement.

Last night at 10 my bs was too low to go sleep. So I had to eat a snack and I was feeling nauseous. I finally decided on canned peaches. It seems like any time I try to get my sleeping squared away, then I have low bs and have to stay up and take care of that. The last 2 nights my bs was lower than I thought it would be, but last nights was the lowest. Yesterday I woke up low, today I was fine. I am almost wondering if this pen of insulin is not the strength is should be. I am so leary of it, that I am waiting to take my lunch insulin until after the HDepot trip, so I don't have a low while there. Having a low in public is an awful experience..............

cats

Postby cats » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:26 pm

Hi Dee I use the BD brand Mini (5mmx31G) (3/16x0.25mm) pen needles these are small!
I don't understand why you cant take Metformin? I take Metformin and Lantus

well off to an appt everyone have a great day

cats

Postby cats » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:28 pm

Lilac what kind of insulin do you take? and how much do you do a sliding scale? and how low were you?

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:52 pm

We got our tickets to the valentine dinner at church. Our whole small group is going and sitting together. They have it catered and is very nice; it really isn't a valentine dinner, and I'm a little disappointed it is so far away from the holiday. They decorate for valentines, though, even if it is technically a fund raiser for the camp our Youth Group goes to in the summer. We have over 100 kids and most of them go to this thing and it is pricey.

Different groups make baskets and have silent auction going on also. Our small group also makes a basket; we all pitch in and one lady puts it all together for us. She did a kitchen one this year and Harriet would like the handmade bib apron, checkered with heart-shaped pockets (3). Anyway, the tickets are $25 each which I think is too much, so that is our only gift to each other.

Sunday I was so tired I slept all afternoon after church. Today is going better. A couple hours in the office so far and I got DH organized and out the door. It's hard to get things done, everybody is really busy and things take a long while to accomplish. 4 weeks to get a truss layout. Stuff like that.

We did talk about what we'll do after retirement. A boat was suggested. :roll: Oh I hope not. Camping was discussed, campers, tents, etc. Not sure about that either. What we do know is that we both want to get away for a bit. At least he is talking about it all.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:58 pm

Mentally thrown for a loop so that's affecting my day.

The bed is stripped and remade, though. Time to flip the laundry. I ate up the leftovers from Saturday night for my lunch today. Tonight's dinner is shepherds pie and only needs heating so that's a good thing.

I'm still logging my activities but it will be less than accurate today. I'm ADDing and I'm not keeping up with changing the timer. I think I'll plug in my tablet and leave it open on the desk next to me so I don't have to do anything more than hit a button.

What made me think about the time log is dinner time. I'm finding it interesting tracking how long making and consuming meals takes. I'm not consistent in my tracking. For instance, today a credited the time spent having my tea and chocolate to planning since that's what I was doing while I sipped my tea. Over lunch, I read MF's sermon from yesterday while eating which would be my "preaching" task but I credited that as eating. I think over a month or so, this will be give me better data than even over a week. At this point, I'm only on my 3rd day and my first week day.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:44 pm

Hi everyone.

Because dh and I got to bed late on Saturday after an emotionally exhausting day, yesterday was a write off. Dh was sick with the head cold again. I made him jello. I made him Lipton's chicken noodle soup. I went out to get cat food by myself in a storm. We finally have snow!! Haven't had much in the way of accumulation since before Christmas. We actually had a sander go by yesterday to sprinkle sand. We are on a tar and gravel road. I made 24 cupcakes last night to take to the Monday Stitch Group. I decorated them this morning, feeling very Martha Stewart. Put on white icing, used a small heart shaped cookie cutter to imprint a heart, left it in the icing while I sprinkled some red sugar crystals, removed cookie cutter and Voila!! Got to the library and were told that food was not allowed. I took the cupcakes to dh's work.

Supper tonight will be Kraft mac and cheese from a box with chunks of ham and green peas tossed in. Dh's request.

Kitchen is a mess. Bedroom is a mess. Bathroom is a ... you get the idea. Cleaning lady comes tomorrow.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:08 pm

Aaaaack! I've been down the rabbit hole all day! I'm doing a great job tho of documenting where records are coming from going forward at least. ;) Am redoing some of the info from the FHL and using PicMonkey to put the source citations on each document. So it's slow going, but quite satisfying, obviously.

I'm going to do 30 min working and 30 min back here at the desk. Dh gets home late from bowling tonight so no supper cooking is happening.

I will start at 4:15....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:39 pm

Aaaaaand.....I'm still sitting here.

I am starting now, to go to 5:15.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:40 pm

I'm still ADDing all over the place. Spent 20 minutes on the treadmill at slow speed and did as much of the service outline as I can (cutting and pasting what I have already from MF.)

I'm taking a 20 minute break now. I might do some planning while I'm at it.

On another break I watched Last Week Tonight. It was very good.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:44 pm

Picturing Cathy's dh's co-workers maybe taking off gloves, or wiping their hands onto workpants, maybe lifting up a welding mask or taking off uniform caps to come and see.. ... "We got 24 what, now?" :| :) :D

Return to “Post When You Can”