Monday ... a new week... new goals... new adventures!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Monday ... a new week... new goals... new adventures!

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:21 pm

I listened to u tube and spiffed the kitchen I've been doing laundry, sewing getting used to my new iron and drawing, had to clear off the desk to write a letter, walked the ddog after lunch. Got the basement trash dumped so this has been a productive day. It is 51* outside here now.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:45 pm

LOL!!

Dh's manager is on vacation for a week, so dh is sitting at the front counter. His best friend is sitting at the other counter beside him. Dh is the only welder, so no welding headgear...

A large hint was dropped today regarding having muffins at the Women's Institute craft day next Tuesday. I have a package of oatmeal muffin mix sitting here, along with a couple of other bake mixes that could be made. I didn't come right out and offer and they did come right out and ask, but it's a possibility.

Supper was simple and good. Dh loved it.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:46 pm

I spent 8 hr 8min focused on homeschooling today. Only 5 hr 42 minutes of that time was hands on. The rest was breaks and lunch. I used some of the break time to order ANOTHER Math curriculum (Math-u-See). I told DH that I was over the top, but I am committed to doing everything possible to help DS8 comprehend. DH encourages me to keep on keeping on. I am going to pause using Saxon Math curriculum and replace it with MUS. I am hoping the hands-on manipulatives and videos in MUS will teach DS8 in a way none of the other curriculums have. The other Math curricula that I will continue using = Teaching Textbook, Life of Fred, and Easy Peasy. I am supplementing those with XtraMath, MathisFun, State Testing sample test problems, and various worksheets. Yup. Embarrassingly over the top in Math. Two hours a day spent doing Math. One hour a day spent on Reading Comprehension. The rest of the school time is distributed to the other subject.

The time app is showing me some things I didn't realize. I have made the decision that I'm okay with spending an hour a day on planning and logging meals. Once I get better at achieving my daily goal, then I expect the time needed to do it will drop considerably. I am currently logging Weight Watcher SPoints AND Myfitnesspal calories. I don't expect to do this double logging very long but it is helpful while I am learning.

I have a pot of water heating up to make Spaghetti & meat sauce for dinner. This is one of DS8 most favorite meals. Time to add the pasta *POOF*
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:30 pm

yes, Goals - I had some, I met some.

Morning Daily Card done well
church deposit ready
general report work - spreadsheets
Birthday card into the mail
grocery trip - large
deposit made while out
church bills done, ready for tomorrow's mail
Called ds with 4 things that are here to pick up
* bought socks for BabyC
* extras of food
* guitar pick for our green-eyed boy
* delivery arrived of dd18's screen for him to fix

goal unmet is to send a report, but I just need more time to triple check. To paraphrase Brett Butler, the spreadsheet is struggling in the computer and I need to make sure I've subdued it. I wish a meeting to which I'll be invited could happen first but have heard nothing about it. Instead a meeting I was pointedly not invited to will happen instead. They are very important people. ;) On the one hand, it would kinda serve them right to get this info before their meeting, have a bunch of questions (which they will) and look around to see, gee, the treasurer's not there to help, is she, because we didn't agree to her request to come give her report. On the other hand, I'd like to have a reason to give the info first to those who have let me know they are glad to have me come.

HRH and dstepson working on attic vs squirrel blockades at my parents' house.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:27 pm

Oh good grief... I just got to PWYC and saw that in addition to stirring up a hornet's nest in J&C, I also added to confusion here. I apologize for all that... shaking my head... y'all please just forgive me...
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:05 pm

Working on a goal getting a huge bush out of the front yd. 3-4 pick up loads with the trailer. H cut some and I loaded it first load under way. We will haul it off this weekend after we load the trailer. Then we will be digging out the roots. This is a spring project. H is hurting tonight did not stop in ti e bc we still had day light. The dog reminded me to turn on tne hens light! By sniffing at the cord & outlet. She is feeling better.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:26 pm

So glad the dog is feeling better, Nancy! Now -- hoping dh recovers soon also, from his over-doing.

Y'all, believe it or not, I HAVE done a few things besides start trouble...
GOALS!
Yesterday, I asked about how to get back into zone work when one has skipped several zones in a row. (I know, F lylady says just jump in where you are, but I wondered how y'all would answer that question, what you did yourselves.) Well, I think I answered it for myself this way:
I'm going to try to spend one day in each of the missed zones -- at least, part of a day each, that is, b/c as Harriet noted in the Cleaning Focus thread, and I'm paraphrasing here, we don't all have perfectly average days and average weeks, so we just have to work around what we have.
I've missed... * whew *
* Computer/Office
* Kitchen
* Laundry Room
and now my cards say I should be working on
* Guest Baths/Steam Cleaner on ALL Baths
Yuck.

So today, since I do laundry anyway on Mondays, I did focus cleaning in the laundry room. Spent over an hour.
-- vacuumed top to bottom, including the horrible shelf above the washer/dryer/etc.
-- vacuumed as much as possible inside dryer vent & under/behind dryer/washer
-- cleaned out the cabinet under the sink, discarded
----- 1 pair of shoes, which I used to use when going outside, probably to feed dog, who has been dead over 10 years :roll:
----- several towels & rags which were too dirty and or torn to be used anymore :roll:
----- fish food, chlorine treatment, etc. for fish that we have not had in probably 25 years :roll:
----- receipt and styrofoam in box for iron that was bought in 2008 :roll: (kept the box b/c it was sturdy, & a good size)

I also have the sheets off the bed, and ready to put back on, and second load of clothes in washer (one more to go).
I went to doctor's office & got dh's paperwork for Monday, paid electric bill, took dmom's meds to her, and went out to eat w/dh, ds, & dgrands. (DDIL working at gym tonight).
I called allergy doctor (but had to leave message so will call again tomorrow) and called accountant to make sure dh could drop off tax stuff tomorrow.

All in all, a productive day.
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:55 pm

Lucylee: you cannot stir up a hornets nest by responding to a post here. When I saw what I did, I wanted to point out you had done nothing wrong and explained what you were responding to.

As for your thought on zone work. Not sure I understand what you are proposing but if it is spending 1 day per week in each zone instead of one week out of 5 on a zone, that might be a totally brilliant idea for those of us who haven't consciously touched a zone since... consults spreadshet.... Jan 2016 except for Zone 3. I was obviously back on Flylady for one week in November.

We had dinner and watched Eddie the Eagle. I had a 45 minute phone call with dd. I cleaned up the dishes and then did most if not all the weekly kitchen chores which are due tomorrow but I did the Monday chores on Saturday so I thought I'd work ahead a bit.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

that might be a totally brilliant idea for those of us who haven't consciously touched a zone since... consults spreadshet.... Jan 2016 except for Zone 3.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh, Kathryn, that makes me feel sooo sooo much better... "consults spreadsheet."
YES. That is my situation. When I looked at the laundry room card, and it said under "last done" -- 2/9...
Well, I knew that wasn't last week 2/9. :roll: So it appears I have not "focused" on the laundry room in over a year. Hmmmm...
* sheesh *
So that's my PLAN at least, for this week. Laundry room today, kitchen tomorrow, computer room * maybe * W or Th... or F... and then, perhaps, I'll get the bathrooms next week. :?:
Because Wednesday, I know I'm going to have to devote to ironing, and Thursday will be the day at the cardiologist & keeping the grands, so... there goes my average week again.

We did not see Eddie the Eagle. I'd like to see that.

Is the time app on your phone, LadyM? Didn't I see Kathryn mention that also? How does this work?
I probably need to be more aware of how I'm spending my time.

Spaghetti & meat sauce is one of our favorites, too, and one of the (very) few things I cook with confidence. I make homemade meat sauce, though, so I'm not embarrassed to brag on my spaghetti. It's a recipe from the old Better Homes and Gardens cookbook, the one with the red plaid cover, and you cook the pasta IN the meat sauce, not separately. The sauce seems to "hold on" to the noodles so much better this way.

I think have used more quotation marks today than I have in a month...

Oatmeal muffins sound pretty good, too, Cathy...

WTG, Nancy. Glad y'all are enjoying warmer temperatures.

Oh -- forgot to say, when we went to Next Town for supper, we stopped by H obby L obby and I got another frame to complete photo grouping of dgrands. I am very pleased with this. The photos were taken in a cotton field, and I got a little bundle of (fake) cotton bolls/branches from H obby L obby also, and filled in the odd space between the 5x7s and the 8x10 with a little twig of cotton. I'm not on par with my Martha Stewart cousin yet, but I thought it looked nice.

:arrow: :?: AND -- here's a problem I have with the shelf I mentioned in the other post:
It's just an bare, open shelf about 6 feet off the ground, and it runs the length of the water heater, washer, dryer, and sink. It was SUPPOSED TO BE an enclosed cabinet, just like my kitchen cabinets... but $$ ran out on the budget for cabinets and we cut corners there. :cry: So it really collects dust and lint, besides having an assortment of cleaning items, laundry products, etc, lined up on it, also collecting dust.
I'm thinking how nice BASKETS would look lined up there instead, holding the products, but then the baskets would also collect dust. So, what do y'all suggest for easing the visual clutter and dust, but still keeping the products easy to get to?

Waving to ALL! Y'all have a good night!
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:53 pm

The app is AtimeLogger and I find it instinctive. Which is good because there isn't a help manual or online tutorial!

Glad I could make you feel a bit better. I'm sure neither of our home are disgustingly dirty. It is just that we haven't been approaching our zone work in a consistent manner. So the stuff that 'yells' at us gets done but the quiet dirt remains undisturbed.

I'm off to bed now. Just realized I'd received a very detailed response to my comment at an open house about the shutting of our highway ramp so had to write a detailed response back to thank them and ask what they were planning to do to keep the traffic out of my route to the highway. It will have to be something significant because their proposed routing adds 1.3 km to the people from Quebec heading to the highway. Taking my only route to the highway will make that just .2 km more and cut out 3 sets of lights. So I'm guessing my path to the highway will now be blocked by that traffic.

Return to “Post When You Can”