Monday ... a new week... new goals... new adventures!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Monday ... a new week... new goals... new adventures!

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:17 am

Cats,
Hi Dee I use the BD brand Mini (5mmx31G) (3/16x0.25mm) pen needles these are small!
I don't understand why you cant take Metformin? I take Metformin and Lantus
I was wondering if there was smaller gauge than I'm using Cats. I think the ones you're using is smaller. I can't take the diabetic pills (and particularly the metformin) because I guess they mess with the kidneys. While I was in the hospital the dyes from 2 (pretty much back to back) angiograms caused my kidneys to shut down & had to have dialysis. I do see the kidney dr tomorrow and my hope is that he'll tell me I can go back on the pills. But we'll see I guess.

I was sound asleep and dh's fire siren went off. Now I can't sleep and my sciatic is acting up and I can't lie down. Grrr..... So I'm playing on here for a bit to see if I get sleepy again.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:38 am

Oh no, my home is never "disgustingly dirty" (there I go again with the " " ) Kathryn. Since dh is so OCD, for example, I never have to do the
* put away clothes * Item on F lylady's zone list for the laundry room.
DDIL probably finds me somewhat OCD, perfectionist, or something. I don't think she is intimidated by the order and organization of our house, but it's certainly a different level of tidiness here than at their house. Of course we have 2 people living here, one of whom is OCD... they have 4 people living there, one of whom is dgs. LOL.
Tomorrow is another day.

cats

Postby cats » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:47 am

Interesting Dee no one has ever said anything to me about that subject/ Been on Lantus and metformin for a very long time. Surprise no one has mentioned this problem

Sorry that the sciatic is giving you problems hope it ease up soon

Pick up my car today it spent last week being fixed, In December I had someone back into me. and the place I like to take it too this was the earliest I could get it in. Very happy to have my car back. The gal that ran into me her insurance paid for repairs and a rental.

didn't get anything done around here between picking up car , appt stop to see hubby at work, and a store run came home got lunch and took a very nice long nap.

have a wonderful evening

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:49 am

cats, I take Novalog and Lantus. I take 4-8 units per meal, which depends on what I am eating and how active I have been or will be. The dr. wanted me to do 5 units every meal regardless and that doesn't work for me, at all. For breakfast it is usually too much and not enough at lunch or supper. I wish they would find a cure for diabetes and cancer because too many people suffer from one or both and big pharma is making a killing off all of us. Off my perennial soapbox.......

Today after our HDepot and M enards run, we decided to watch more episodes of Frequency. It was cold, cloudy and windy, so it seemed like a good day for it.

Dh wanted to have everything done in the bathroom except for finishing the painting of the cabinet doors and drawers, by the weekend. Then dd2 texted him to see if he could help dsil work cattle on Wednesday. I don't know what all that entails, but dh has helped him once before. Dh really didn't want to mess with it, but he knows that dsil is always willing to help him, so he will do it.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:53 am

Laundry is current again now, I made another bag this one is grey fleece. I need to put pink thread on a bobbin later. Watched Papa about Hemingway, I like biography type movies so it was good the way they approached it. IMO.

Return to “Post When You Can”