HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TUESDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TUESDAY

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:37 pm

I was overcome by emotion at VDay party at school. When DS8 walked into the 3rd-grade classroom, his friends all shouted "His First Name!!!!" and got out of their seats, ran to the doorway and surround DS8 giving him a big group hug. After the plates were filled with the party food, then the 3rd-grade teacher presented DS8 a Valentine sack. At first, I thought the teacher gave DS8 a Valentine gift like she gave all the other kids. But DS8 sack was stacked full with the handmade cards from his classmates that contained messages and pictures for DS8. When I saw that the tears started falling and I had to struggle to control my emotions. I am so very grateful to the school administration and classmates who are being so supportive of DS8.

Weight Watcher weigh-in is one hour away. Weighing in on party day was good motivation for me to not over eat.

Saturday our temperature was 92 degrees with bright sunshine. Today it is 34 degrees and SNOWING like crazy. :shock:
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:44 pm

L M what a wonderful school!

I have fed hens & released them for free range time.
Wearning my shell pink turtle neck today.
I finished up the puppet I wanted to do at the meeting.
I have a plan for dinner we are going to have pizza I bake at home.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:30 pm

(((LadyM))) (((Happy Hugs))) :D That is such a wonderful thing. The teacher must be a really special person, to be so sensitive to ds's needs and to be so welcoming and inclusive; and those are some amazing children -- who must have pretty special parents, too. I am sooo happy your ds is able to do the individual home-schooling he needs, and not miss out on such important socialization with his peers. I might cry too. Just so happy for you both!

In the church I grew up in (Baptist), there were NO women deacons... no women teaching classes that included men, no women preachers.
All different in the Methodist church I belong to now. However, we do not have deacons. We have an Administrative Council, and it includes women and men. There are plenty of groups/committees that include both women & men, and some of these have women chairpersons. I'm almost positive women have served as chairperson of the Administrative Council. (I think my dsisil held this positition once, actually.) I think the Methodist church is generally much more liberal than the Baptist in these kinds of matters, as well as a lot of other matters. And on a lot of those matters, in my heart, I'm still a Baptist... but I'm glad I joined the Methodist church and dh and I could raise ds together, without the situation of "you go to my church this week and Daddy's church next week."

Oh -- BTW -- I mean no offense by calling y'all "ladies" -- that's just something we Southern girls ;) say. I have the utmost respect for you all as strong, independent, wise women... but ladies just sounds more... polite? to me. OTOH -- in church groups... let me see what we have...

:D TA-DA!!! :D
One hour focus-vacuuming/cleaning countertops in kitchen
PLUS --
all WHB vacuuming done except Master Bedroom & Bath.

So proud of myself b/c I managed to do the kitchen with dgd underfoot. I just put her in her walker (b/c she can't get into kitchen cabinets with it in the way) and I vacuumed and sang to her while I worked. I think she tried to sing with me. :D
Then we went to get dgs at school... and * whew * ... I think he is on a sugar-high from Valentine's Day party.

Sooo glad for your good news from the doctor, Dee!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:39 pm

Meeting this week --
Busy Bees -- a sewing group, all female, I believe
Morning Blessings -- prayer group, all female, too, as far as I know
Adult Study (Bible study)
Small Group Bible Study
Men's Reunion Group

Some might say that Busy Bee moniker is silly, but I think they chose their own name.
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:55 pm

Home from WW meeting and buying groceries ALL BY MYSELF. My weight was down another 2.8 lbs this week. I am .2 lbs from losing 5% of my beginning weight. WHY OH WHY is doing WW working when I could do the exact same thing by myself? It isn't rocket science. I am frustrated that I didn't lose weight by myself, but I am thankful that WW is working. If I lose one more lb then the cost of the first 2 months of doing WW will be reimbursed to me.

I went to our little town grocery store to pick up a couple things.....$88 later......how does that happen? I was enjoying the experience of just me and the buggy (no kids). I walked up/down every aisle just to enjoy the leisurely experience of grocery shopping alone. I'm sure we will eat and enjoy every item I bought, but I wasn't planning on buying most of them.

DS8 is taking his bath. As soon as he gets done, I'm going to bed.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:00 pm

Lucylee: I think of us as ladies when we are in the village but as strong women when we go out into our communities to work or volunteer. Women who are able and ready to take on leadership positions.

LadyM: I wonder if the reason you can't think of a woman to recommend as an Elder is that none are allowed to see themselves as potential church leaders so don't shine in the ways that would make you think they can do the job. So then, because most of us believe in recruiting the best person for the job, women never move forward because they don't seem to be as strong a person for the job compared to a man who has naturally acted as if he could be a leader, given the chance.

My meeting was OK. Dinner was great. Visited with my former minister, the one I traveled to Atlanta with. Her eldest is off to university in the fall. I can't believe it!

Sat with my minister partly to write notes for him when he can't hear the proceedings but sometimes we write notes about other stuff. Some people are asking if I'll full in for him six weeks over the summer (he's being moved to 3/4 time so won't be there from mid June to mid September. I'm not sure I want to work that hard. I'll think on it.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:03 pm

happy valentines day
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:38 pm

Bee is a traditional word for working in a group on sewing! I think that's a cool name. So they were probably giving a nod to that, and adding that they intended to really do some good and have projects, so, "busy". :D

Previous generation named my disbanded SS class. It was The Welcome Class, and the name is still in cut-out letters on a small bulletin board hanging in the room. Don't need to give my thoughts on that irony, I'm sure.

SB deacons equate to our elders, and that board is usually a larger number in relation to the congregation size, with no other board equivalent to our denomination's deacons.

Valentine's Day cards of Skittles were left in our mailbox and dstepson's, from our green-eyed boy. 3 for us, 2 for dstepson and dstepdil. LadyM, what you said made me realize he'd printed his name on a greeting sticker, not the candy packet itself. They are so close to the same color. A good idea - quick. I don't think anyone was selling anything like that during the years I was helping with Valentines.

Return to “Post When You Can”