Wednesday Wow!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Wednesday Wow!

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:05 pm

I monitored DS8 as he made brownies for the first time. He did fantastically!! He is still honing his egg-cracking skills so I helped remove a couple of egg shells from the batter. It makes me happy to see him eagerly attempt and acquire new skills. He is taking the brownies to share at church tonight.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:49 pm

LM I too am still removing shells from cracked eggs. I need to mix up cookie dough after finding Dori. KidN is here. Cookies are a hit pb w ch. Drops on top. Yum, h worked late. I have another puppet over half done. Watching the kast few min. Of todays movie. Tried to boil eggs forgit to turn em on :roll: . Can U say do over.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:12 pm

Sad new here for Canada. Our master story-teller has died. Stuart McLean of the radio show The Vinyl Cafe had to stop his cross Canada Christmas tour due to melanoma in December and has died. No one was expecting it. It was read as a bulletin at the end of the newscast but it took another 12 minutes for the CBC to get formal news up on their website.

http://www.cbc.ca/books/2017/02/stuart- ... -died.html

At the end of the above link are samples of his work. The first audio selection Rewind, at the 47 minute mark has one of my all-time favourite radio moments, the discussion of the health of a cricket. I was listening live the day that happened (it was a life recorded show) and have the transcript of it as well. When Peter Gzowski died (the radio host in the clip) I cried. And I cried this afternoon when I heard the news bulletin. They were two men who made me love radio and story telling.

Let's see, since my last post I've done nothing constructive. I should probably clean up the kitchen now. And then get writing. Oh, and I have to freeze the ground beef I bought yesterday.

I need to be out of the house by 8:20 tomorrow. And it is to snow all night so the roads will continue to be a challenge. It was snowing hard this morning, stopped, but started up just as the rush hour began. This is getting rather tiresome.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:03 pm

Stuffing knocked out of me by the news. Got the meat in the freezer and got the dishes ready to be washed. Made tea for myself and am having that now.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:30 pm

Hi Everyone! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ELIZABETH'S DD15!

I've kept my eye on the weather today. We were supposed to have the stormy weather go through here, but we received not one drop of rain! The wind was gusty, but has calmed down now. When ds#2 called at 3:30 on his was home from work he said it poured at his shop ( about 1 1/2 miles away).

I'm sorry I didn't get here yesterday to say "Happy Heart Day". Dh and I did go out for lunch as planned. Dh was very careful going up and down the two steps to the tables, but we enjoyed it. We also made a trip to S am's for an Rx refill and to fill up the gas tank, then on to W-M for groceries. We got some walking in, but it took the rest of the afternoon and we were both tired by the time I got the groceries put away, made dinner and cleaned up afterward. We both have to take it a little easier the day after days like this.

Thank you, Lilac! Yes, there are a lot of things we may take for granted, but really miss when we don't have them! Things are getting easier for us; dh is getting stronger and I am working on having more confidence in his abilities without getting nervous when he is up and about. BTW....your bathroom sounds like it will be beautiful when finished!

I slept in a little this morning as I was awake for a few hours in the middle of the night. It started with cramps in both feet and my right leg. By the time I got a drink of water and walked it out I was wide awake! So I read a little while till I was sleepy again. A late start in the morning throws everything off for most of the day, especially meals and chores. I did manage to get two loads of laundry washed, dried and put away.

Cathy and BookSaver, I hope you both will be feeling well soon.

Dee, nice to hear good news from your dr. visit!

Rose, do enjoy your visit with your dfriend!

Oh, well that is all I can remember at the moment. I keep our Village window open and try to keep cuop, but can't always stay long enough to visit. I know things will get better.....

We have to go out tomorrow and Friday; dh has a blood test tomorrow - no specific time - and an appointment with cardio dr. Friday morning, his semi-annual visit.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:30 pm

I wish it would snow here!!

There is less than an inch of snow on the ground in Beamsville. We will have temps with double digits this weekend. (10 degrees C which is roughly 45ish F.)
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:59 pm

WOW!
All caught up with the ironing!

Happy birthday, Elizabeth's dd! WOW -- 15??? Where does the time go???

I'm so glad Mr. Sunny is doing better.

Sending lots of (((HUGS))) and "get well soon" wishes to Cathy & BookSaver...

and (((HUGS))) for Kathryn and others in your area, for the loss of your beloved story-teller.

WTG on those brownies, LadyM's ds8! I am impressed!!!

So glad y'all got good news at the ear doctor's office, Dee.

Your bathroom does sound beautiful, Lilac. Seems like stuff like that always runs into unexpected expenses. :(

Well -- I know I haven't responded to everyone -- and there was something earlier that I really wanted to remember -- but for right now, I guess I will just wave to EVERYONE and tell y'all good night. Y'all please keep a good thought and send lots of prayers for us tomorrow, w/dh's doctor visit.

Oh -- here it is -- I wanted to say ditto to Lilac's comment on computers:
I probably shouldn't even have a computer as illiterate as I am computer wise. But without a doubt the place I would miss the most and don't want to live without, is this wonderful village full of the most amazing and loving friends that are here. Thanks to each of you for being the special ladies, women, girls, gals, etc. that you are.

Definitely my situation. If our computer goes out, we are helpless b/c neither of us knows a thing to do to fix it... but I'd sure be lost without my connection to all of you! :)
Tomorrow is another day.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:48 am

lucylee, I too am catching up on ironing. This next load of clothes has 2 shirts of dhs to iron and I will be caught up. I iron my clothes daily after picking out what I want to wear. My girls give me a hard time for ironing but they sure didn't complain when they lived at home and I ironed their clothes. Looking back, I should have made them iron their own clothes when they were old enough, but way too late now.

Every evening dh tells me what he plans to work on the next day. Last night he said he needed to find a breaker and work cattle with dsil. First thing this am dd2 called and said the company had sent the wrong ear tags, so dsil couldn't work cattle as planned. So dh found out that he will need an electrician to solve the problem. Then he said his ankle was hurting, so he was going to rest it today. Which was fine, but I had to laugh to myself that he is so set in his ways, that he can only do what he plans and if anything changes, he doesn't regroup like he used to. But I am a fine one to talk, I can't seem to stick to any kind of schedule anymore.

LadyM, I commend you for the well rounded education that DS8 is getting. He is learning so many life skills that will make life easier for him as an adult.

Dee, I am so glad that you got such a good drs. report and that your dh will soon have new hearing aids.

RamblinRose have a great trip.

Sunny, I am glad that your dh is taking every step carefully. I know after just having a broken toe, I am more careful.

lucylee, I will be glad when you have some answers for your dh after seeing the cardio dr.

(((Kathryn)))

After telling myself to be more careful at what I click on to check out, I clicked on something on FB and got another, completely different warning. About had a meltdown and dh was handy, so he took care of it. I need to spend less time on his FB anyway.

Return to “Post When You Can”